Windows 10: How to permanently disable automatic backup to onedrive

Discus and support How to permanently disable automatic backup to onedrive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just got a new computer running windows 11 previously had windows 10. I have 3 times had to turn off the onedrive sync because my files were all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SGS901, Nov 22, 2022.

1. SGS901 Win User

How to permanently disable automatic backup to onedrive

I just got a new computer running windows 11 previously had windows 10. I have 3 times had to turn off the onedrive sync because my files were all uploaded, and of course there isn't enough storage without purchasing more. I already have cloud backup, and I don't want to purchase this from microsoft at this time. I keep changing the backup storage preference, ie: do not back up my desktop, my documents, or my photos, and then I only manually save items to one drive that I want there. But the computer keeps reverting.how do I shut off this default setting permanently.Also don't appreciat

:)

SGS901, Nov 22, 2022

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Nov 22, 2022
  3. Automatically backup OneDrive Files?

Hi,

I would suggest you to use EaseUS Todo Backup.

After downloading this Kindly follow follow below mentioned steps, i am hopeful that your issue will be resolves by doing this.

*Launch EaseUS's free backup software and choose "File Backup" option to back up files from your computer or other devices to OneDrive.

*Select the files or folders you want to back up. Then click "Destination" to select the Cloud Storage > Add Cloud storage service so that you can save your files to OneDrive.

*Click "Schedule" option to open the Backup Scheme window, here you can create a scheduled backup plan to back up files daily, weekly, monthly or upon an event. For example, you can set at 5 pm, then it will automatically back up these files every day at 5
    pm.

*Click "Proceed" to automatically back up files to OneDrive.

You are Done

Please let me know, if that helps.

Kind Regards:

Engr. Malik Yasir

MALIK YASIRNAWAZ, Nov 22, 2022
  4. How to permanently disable automatic backup to onedrive

Permanently Disable File History Backup

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to turn off the back up and check if it helps.

• Press windows+X and click on control panel.
    • Then click on “backup and restore option”.
    • Then click on the option “turn on schedule”.
    • Then on the left hand side you will get the option ”Turn off schedule”.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 22, 2022
Thema:

How to permanently disable automatic backup to onedrive

1. How to permanently disable automatic backup to onedrive - Similar Threads - permanently disable automatic

2. OneDrive automatic backup Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive automatic backup Issues: My OneDrive is sync-ing all my files, many which include folders and apps that I don't want/need sync-ing, and it removed folders I had on my desktop because of this, so how can I undo this, then how do I tell OneDrive which folder to sync, since I only need one folder to be...
  3. OneDrive automatic backup Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive automatic backup Issues: My OneDrive is sync-ing all my files, many which include folders and apps that I don't want/need sync-ing, and it removed folders I had on my desktop because of this, so how can I undo this, then how do I tell OneDrive which folder to sync, since I only need one folder to be...
  4. OneDrive automatic backup Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to permanently disable automatic backup to onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to permanently disable automatic backup to onedrive: I just got a new computer running windows 11 previously had windows 10. I have 3 times had to turn off the onedrive sync because my files were all uploaded, and of course there isn't enough storage without purchasing more. I already have cloud backup, and I don't want to...
  6. Permanently disable automatic restarts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Permanently disable automatic restarts: Once again, windows automatically restarted. This time I lost 2 days worth of work. I need to know how to permanently disable auto restart. I WILL decide when it is safe to reboot. Automatic updates are one thing, but this is a work computer. I need it to remaining running...
  7. How do you permanently disable automatic windows updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do you permanently disable automatic windows updates?: I do not want windows updates, how do I permanently disable automatic updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-permanently-disable-automatic-windows/b1cf6802-da8e-448b-8a5b-5614fa9a3767
  8. How to permanently disable Updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to permanently disable Updates?: I absolutely hate it. It keeps forcing me to update every now and then using huge bandwidths. I hate the fact it keeps harassing me all the time prompting me to update regularly and I can't find a way to disable it. Just stop! Leave me alone, Windows Updates. Just go away. I...
  9. How to permanently disable update

How to permanently disable update: Windows 10 update keeps turning itself back on after I disable it . I want it permanently disabled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-permanently-disable-update/ad74379e-f311-4abd-8ebe-2681bdd1154d
  10. How do I permanently disable automatic updates?

How do I permanently disable automatic updates?: I had 17 tabs open in an Incognito tab all about different things for my jeep. I've been trying to work on it and it's taken me a few days to get all the information I need so I can mess with the headlights, jack, and a couple of other things without the fear of messing...