Windows 10: How to permanently disable built-in WiFi adapter in Windows 10 Home?

Discus and support How to permanently disable built-in WiFi adapter in Windows 10 Home? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have an ageing laptop with a built-in Broadcom Wi-Fi adaptor. This adapter doesn't have the network speed that I require. I have purchased a USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by StevepSimpson, Nov 28, 2023.

1. How to permanently disable built-in WiFi adapter in Windows 10 Home?

I have an ageing laptop with a built-in Broadcom Wi-Fi adaptor. This adapter doesn't have the network speed that I require. I have purchased a USB Wi-Fi "dongle". This works very well, but despite all my efforts, I am unable to permanently disable the built-in adaptor.Disabling the built-in adaptor in device manager only works for the current session.Every time I start the laptop, it re-enables the built in adaptor and then attempts to use this connection.I am wondering if there's a method using Regedit to stop this happening?

:)

StevepSimpson, Nov 28, 2023

2. How to permanently disable ms virtual wifi adapter

Hi,

You may permanently disable the Virtual Network Adapter and Virtual Wifi Adapter by deleting it completely from the Network and Sharing Center.

To do this, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click Network and Internet.
    • On the left-side, click Change adapter settings.
    • Right click on the name of the adapter, then choose Delete.

Let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Nov 28, 2023
  3. WiFi adapter disables itself

Sorry, but that does not solve the problem. Here's the condition, any suggestions?

Asus and HP laptops upgraded to Win 10 August 2015, both using anniversary edition version 1607, 64 bit, installed on 8-24-16. All of the fixes suggest have been tried and do not work. A/V is Norton Security.

• WiFi adapter disables itself and will not allow it to be re-enabled. Troubleshoot will not fix and restart is required.
      But Restart hangs and takes 30+ min. (90 min. 1-8) to complete or a forced shutdown by physically turning off the PC is needed to resolve.
      Can cause Edge to fail to find web pages after restart.
      • Asus last occurred: 12-25-16, 12-14, numerous dates since August 2015.
        Happened occasionally while on Win 8.1
      • HP last occurred: 1-8, 1-6, 1-1, 12-27-16, 12-14, numerous dates since August 2015. Never happened while on Win 7.

Dave Robson, Nov 28, 2023
  4. How to permanently disable built-in WiFi adapter in Windows 10 Home?

WiFi adapters permanently disabled

Not often flummoxed with a MS Windows problem but anybody got any ‘outside of the box’ solutions. FYI Im on a Dell G7 recently upgrading from 10 to 11 via auto windows update.

Both my ethernet and wifi adapters are disabled and when I enable they connect [but with sub msg ‘no internet connection’] but within seconds revert to disabled status.

I have done all the standard solutions offered:-

uninstall/install adapters [I’ve even added a usb wifi adapter and that immeduately behaves the same as the in-built!]

delete/reload drivers

Tried to follow the power management option of unchecking the box that allows adapter to be shutdown for power saving BUT the Power Management tab is not there in Device Manager

—— so, supposedly adding CsEnabled in CurrentControlSet/Power should give the power management tab within Device Manager but it doesn’t !! because the pc is an AlwaysOn/Always Connected platform so I’m guessing that nullifies the CsEnabled

I’ve done all the ipconfig winsock netsh reset etc. commands - as I say nothing fixes although the behaviour is exactly the same - enabling causes a temporary connected status [but ‘no internet’] with ‘Identifying….’ showing briefly and then back to disabled status

Router and pc rebooted several times throughout the attempts at fixes

nicholascolyer, Nov 28, 2023
Thema:

How to permanently disable built-in WiFi adapter in Windows 10 Home?

1. How to permanently disable built-in WiFi adapter in Windows 10 Home? - Similar Threads - permanently disable built

2. Wifi "permanently" disabled???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi "permanently" disabled???: Hello,I am currently encountering a weird problem with my laptop that did not happen until earlier today. For unknown reasons, my wifi cannot be turned on. When I attempt to enable, it gets stuck, and then disables itself again. I'm not sure what to do. Any help would be...
  3. Wifi "permanently" disabled???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi "permanently" disabled???: Hello,I am currently encountering a weird problem with my laptop that did not happen until earlier today. For unknown reasons, my wifi cannot be turned on. When I attempt to enable, it gets stuck, and then disables itself again. I'm not sure what to do. Any help would be...
  4. How to permanently disable built-in WiFi adapter in Windows 10 Home?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to permanently disable built-in WiFi adapter in Windows 10 Home?: I have an ageing laptop with a built-in Broadcom Wi-Fi adaptor. This adapter doesn't have the network speed that I require. I have purchased a USB Wi-Fi "dongle". This works very well, but despite all my efforts, I am unable to permanently disable the built-in...
  5. How to permanently disable built-in WiFi adapter in Windows 10 Home?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to permanently disable built-in WiFi adapter in Windows 10 Home?: I have an ageing laptop with a built-in Broadcom Wi-Fi adaptor. This adapter doesn't have the network speed that I require. I have purchased a USB Wi-Fi "dongle". This works very well, but despite all my efforts, I am unable to permanently disable the built-in...
  6. How to PERMANENTLY DISABLE Windows 10 Home updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to PERMANENTLY DISABLE Windows 10 Home updates: As the title suggests. I am running a custom Windows 10 Home ISO which I specifically removed as much Microsoft spying bloatware and malware from as possible. I knew good and well that a Microsoft update would absolutely ruin my custom Windows install, so I used tools such as...
  7. How to PERMANENTLY DISABLE Windows 10 Home updates

How to PERMANENTLY DISABLE Windows 10 Home updates: As the title suggests. I am running a custom Windows 10 Home ISO which I specifically removed as much Microsoft spying bloatware and malware from as possible. I knew good and well that a Microsoft update would absolutely ruin my custom Windows install, so I used tools such as...
  8. How to PERMANENTLY DISABLE Windows 10 Home updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. WiFi adapters permanently disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi adapters permanently disabled: Not often flummoxed with a MS Windows problem but anybody got any ‘outside of the box’ solutions. FYI Im on a Dell G7 recently upgrading from 10 to 11 via auto windows update.Both my ethernet and wifi adapters are disabled and when I enable they connect [but with sub msg ‘no...
  10. WiFi adapters permanently disabled

WiFi adapters permanently disabled: Not often flummoxed with a MS Windows problem but anybody got any ‘outside of the box’ solutions. FYI Im on a Dell G7 recently upgrading from 10 to 11 via auto windows update.Both my ethernet and wifi adapters are disabled and when I enable they connect [but with sub msg ‘no...