Windows 10: How to Permanently Disable Focus Assistant

Discus and support How to Permanently Disable Focus Assistant in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; If it is possible to permanently disable Focus Assistant, I'd love to learn exactly how to do it. And I'm talking "permanent." I'm talking never, under... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GOD-sSs-END, Aug 24, 2019.

1. How to Permanently Disable Focus Assistant

If it is possible to permanently disable Focus Assistant, I'd love to learn exactly how to do it. And I'm talking "permanent." I'm talking never, under any circumstances will it pop up again. There's probably no way, though. At least that's my suspicion. But here's why I'm suspicious.

It's like Outlook. You'll never stop the spam, fraud, and phishing emails from crapping up your account. They're built into the system. For example, today I think I might have reached my limit for adding to my block list. It's either that or Microsoft has simply changed their system so that we now have to hand-jam every new junk email into our blocked senders' lists or create rules to that effect. I remember when I first complained to Microsoft that their system for reducing this seemingly innocuous but ultimately dangerous nuisance wasn't very intuitive, limited in scope, and because of these reasons seemed to do the opposite. The next day, I kid you not, I had three times the junk mail in my junk folder.

A coincidence?

Here's the kicker: I no longer give my Outlook email to anymore.

I think Microsoft will someday go the way of Facebook. The scandal will be that for many years now, they have been complicit in the defrauding of tens, perhaps hundreds of billions of dollars just in the U.S. via scammers. They're not directly complicit, of course, but when they sell our information to advertisers (who automate all their dispatches), I doubt very much they discriminate. All that's needed is a class action suit from a host of victims, the troubles for whom began when Microsoft made it easy (or simply neglected to make it hard) for scammers to get a foot in the door our lives through email. After that, people will just pile on.

Focus assistant is hardly a comparable problem, I know. But after God knows how many thousands of spam emails, I just want to block everything that takes even a second out of my day, to include having to continuously turn off (but never really turn off) this useless assistant.

:)

GOD-sSs-END, Aug 24, 2019
  2. Thanatica Win User

Permanently disable Focus Assist?

I've noticed the Focus Assist feature for a couple of weeks now and I've always wondered why it keeps enabling itself. It makes me miss potentially important notifications. It looks like Focus Assist enables itself whenever my Thunderbolt 3 docking station
    with two external monitors gets connected. I believe Windows thinks I'm going to go in presenting mode, and it'll hide notifications for me.

All good and well, but these are just normal work monitors. I'm not presenting anything.

I've disabled Focus Assist, again, and it will come back when I reconnect my dock... So can I prevent Focus Assist from enabling itself, i.e. permanently disable it?

Alternatively, fix Windows so it knows when I'm *actually* presenting something. But right now, it's too intelligent for its own good, or rather, not intelligent enough. I'd rather not have too much intelligence though, because I have a brain that's most
    likely better for the foreseeable future How to Permanently Disable Focus Assistant ;)

Besides, most presenting tools tell Windows to withhold notifications anyway, so we don't really need another mechanism.

Thanatica, Aug 24, 2019
  3. Permanently disable Focus Assist?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I would like to let you know that Focus assist will automatically turn on when you are duplicating your display and it is by design. Focus assist will also turn on automatically when you are playing a full screen exclusive DirectX game. However, you
    can customize this option.

To
    turn off this Focus assist option
    refer to this article.

After configuring Focus Assist, you can choose which notifications you would like to see, and hear so you can stay focused. The rest will go straight to the Action Center where you can see them anytime.

You can choose the times and activities when you don’t want to be disturbed. You may want to disable the option for ‘When I am duplicating my display’ to check if that helps. To

customize Focus assist
    , refer to the article.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking 'Yes' or 'No'.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Aug 24, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

How to Permanently Disable Focus Assistant

Unable to disable Focus Assist

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I do understand how frustrating it could be when the features are not working as they are supposed to work. We would like to know the troubleshooting steps that you have performed so that we can eliminate the recursion of the steps.

However, as you have mentioned that Focus Assist gets re-enabled automatically after disabling it. This issue may be due to a profile corruption. Hence, in order to eliminate possibilities, I would suggest you to create a new user account, disable
    Focus Assist and check if the issue persists. Follow the steps from the article
    Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10
    to create a new user account.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

How to Permanently Disable Focus Assistant

1. How to Permanently Disable Focus Assistant - Similar Threads - Permanently Disable Focus

2. How do I disable Focus Assist?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disable Focus Assist?: I see instructions on how to deactivate it but, despite the instructions, there is NO deactivate selection.I find it hard to believe this feature sic is beyond our control, besides modifying its behavior somewhat. I don't even know how it gets turned on! I'm assuming I have...
  3. How do I disable Focus Assist?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable Focus Assist?: I see instructions on how to deactivate it but, despite the instructions, there is NO deactivate selection.I find it hard to believe this feature sic is beyond our control, besides modifying its behavior somewhat. I don't even know how it gets turned on! I'm assuming I have...
  4. Permanent Removal of Focus Assist

Permanent Removal of Focus Assist: Fixes are not working I need Focus Assist removed. Focus Assist dose not assist me in any way at all. If anything Focus Assist is a hindrance that gets in my way effecting productivity. I have tried a total of 23 tips and nothing has worked have worked. I do not need anymore...
  5. Permanent Removal of Focus Assist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permanent Removal of Focus Assist: Fixes are not working I need Focus Assist removed. Focus Assist dose not assist me in any way at all. If anything Focus Assist is a hindrance that gets in my way effecting productivity. I have tried a total of 23 tips and nothing has worked have worked. I do not need anymore...
  6. Permanent Removal of Focus Assist

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Permanent Removal of Focus Assist or other fixes

Permanent Removal of Focus Assist or other fixes: I have tried every combination of every setting and switch in the Focus Assist settings, but no matter what I do it comes back on within seconds. I've been able to coast on 'priority only' mode as a compromise, with my messenger apps enabled as priorities, but that no longer...
  8. How to remove Focus Assist permanently

How to remove Focus Assist permanently: Despite all my attempts at disabling Focus Assist using instructions provided by official MS and other websites, the app persists. I never use it. How can I permanently remove it, whether using Regedit or another method? FWIW, my Win10 Pro doesn't let me access Group Policies...
  9. Unable to disable Focus Assist

Unable to disable Focus Assist: The Alarm App is a vital to me. I uses it for medication reminders. It has work flawlessly for me for a year. The Windows 10 update that introduced Focus Assist has rendered it useless. I've turned off all the options in Focus Assist. I've turned it completely off in the...
  10. Permanently disable Focus Assist?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Permanently disable Focus Assist?: I've noticed the Focus Assist feature for a couple of weeks now and I've always wondered why it keeps enabling itself. It makes me miss potentially important notifications. It looks like Focus Assist enables itself whenever my Thunderbolt 3 docking station with two external...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turn off focus assist mode

2. focus assist windows 10 disable

3. disable focus assistant

4. focus assistant disable,
  5. uninstall focus assist windows 10,
  6. completely disable focus assistant,
  7. how to disable focus assistant,
  8. how to uninstall focus assist,
  9. how to disable focus assist,
  10. windows how to permanently turn off focus assistant,
  11. disable windows focus assist