Windows 10: How to permanently disable Group By in Downloads folder Solution

Discus and support How to permanently disable Group By in Downloads folder Solution in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Like many MANY! other people I am as well trying to deal with the incredibly annoying "Group By" view for the Downloads directory. I've tried many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dsx75, Apr 17, 2021.

1. dsx75 Win User

How to permanently disable Group By in Downloads folder Solution

Like many MANY! other people I am as well trying to deal with the incredibly annoying "Group By" view for the Downloads directory.

I've tried many "solutions" but none of them were truly permanent. This cancer just keeps coming back again and again.

So, is there an actual solution to this problem? A permanent solution?

Actually, you know what?

F this.

F Microsoft.

F their incompetent idiots who think that forcing retarded settings on everyone is a good idea. They should be sent to a gulag and never allowed to work in IT industry again.

F them all. Every single one of them.

I've just created my own Downloads directory somewhere else and set all my internet browsers and applications to use this new folder instead of the original annoying one.

Done.

Hopefully I won't have to deal with this "Group By" plague ever again.

:)

dsx75, Apr 17, 2021

2. Disable group by in Downloads folder

Ever since Windows 10 has updated to 1903 files in the default Downloads folder are being grouped by date. I tried changing it to none but it keeps resetting back - sometimes after restart, sometimes just pressing refresh is enough to reset it back. How
    can I permanently disable grouping?

I am running Windows 10 Version 1903 build 18362.449.

Zaoshi Kaba, Apr 17, 2021
  3. Disable "grouped by date" in Downloads folder completely

On Windows 10, latest updates installed (which is what caused this problem in the first place). I do not want this crazy "grouped by date" in the Downloads folder, I have a fairly elaborate folder setup in there and "grouped by date" means I cannot find
    anything any more.

I dug around on the web and found the method of opening Explorer, going to View > Group by > (None) but while that fixes the Downloads folder, this is not universal. For example, when I access the Downloads folder from Word via Open or Save as, then the
    view is still grouped by date. I can do the right-click > Group By > None thing from within Word (for example) but that seems to be tied to the session. If I close Word and open it again, I'm back to the darn "Grouped by date" view.

How do I turn it off permanently *everywhere* in Windows 10?

akerbeltzalba, Apr 17, 2021
  4. How to permanently disable Group By in Downloads folder Solution

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Apr 17, 2021
Thema:

How to permanently disable Group By in Downloads folder Solution

1. How to permanently disable Group By in Downloads folder Solution - Similar Threads - permanently disable Group

2. Windows Explorer - How to disable Group By, or set to None, on all folders permanently

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer - How to disable Group By, or set to None, on all folders permanently: I am having trouble with the Group By feature in Windows Explorer.I desire to not have the Group By option selected.I have followed instructions to change this in the folder options, but the Group By options keeps turning back on at a later time.Last post I read had links to...
  3. Windows Explorer - How to disable Group By, or set to None, on all folders permanently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer - How to disable Group By, or set to None, on all folders permanently: I am having trouble with the Group By feature in Windows Explorer.I desire to not have the Group By option selected.I have followed instructions to change this in the folder options, but the Group By options keeps turning back on at a later time.Last post I read had links to...
  4. Windows Explorer - How to disable Group By, or set to None, on all folders permanently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to PERMANENTLY disable Group By EVRYWHERE?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to PERMANENTLY disable Group By EVRYWHERE?: HelloJust installed the 22H2 update for Win 11.Before I remove it and go back to 21H2, can anybody tell me how to remove the group by view everywhere once and forever?I used the WinSetView utility, which worked brilliantly on 21H2 but it did not change the Download windows...
  6. How to PERMANENTLY disable Group By EVRYWHERE?

How to PERMANENTLY disable Group By EVRYWHERE?: HelloJust installed the 22H2 update for Win 11.Before I remove it and go back to 21H2, can anybody tell me how to remove the group by view everywhere once and forever?I used the WinSetView utility, which worked brilliantly on 21H2 but it did not change the Download windows...
  7. How to permanently disable Group By in File Explorer Windows

How to permanently disable Group By in File Explorer Windows: Exact same question, still occurring in Windows 11 for a long time now. The only reply in that thread didn't help, so I'm asking for more help."I would like to permanently disable or remove the "Group By" option in the "View menu" of "File Explorer" in Windows. I can not...
  8. How to permanently disable Group By in File Explorer Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to permanently disable Group By in File Explorer Windows: I would like to permanently disable or remove the "Group By" option in the "View menu" of "File Explorer" in Windows. I can not foresee any universe in which I would want this setting. It keeps turning itself ON randomly on a folder that I may be working on.Yes, I know how to...
  9. Disable group by in Downloads folder

Disable group by in Downloads folder: Ever since Windows 10 has updated to 1903 files in the default Downloads folder are being grouped by date. I tried changing it to none but it keeps resetting back - sometimes after restart, sometimes just pressing refresh is enough to reset it back. How can I permanently...
  10. Disable "grouped by date" in Downloads folder completely

Disable "grouped by date" in Downloads folder completely: On Windows 10, latest updates installed (which is what caused this problem in the first place). I do not want this crazy "grouped by date" in the Downloads folder, I have a fairly elaborate folder setup in there and "grouped by date" means I cannot find anything any more. I...