Windows 10: How to permanently disable Group By in File Explorer Windows

Discus and support How to permanently disable Group By in File Explorer Windows in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I would like to permanently disable or remove the "Group By" option in the "View menu" of "File Explorer" in Windows. I can not foresee any universe in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Akhterahmad, Sep 12, 2021.

1. How to permanently disable Group By in File Explorer Windows

I would like to permanently disable or remove the "Group By" option in the "View menu" of "File Explorer" in Windows. I can not foresee any universe in which I would want this setting. It keeps turning itself ON randomly on a folder that I may be working on.Yes, I know how to disable it for that instance. And yes I know how to apply it all folders. But this does not help, because it keeps turning itself ON.

:)

Akhterahmad, Sep 12, 2021

2. Windows Explorer: Saving not grouping permanently

In File Explorer, select the View tab.

Determine the Sort by and/or Group by options to determine the view you want to have permanently.

Then go to Options.

Change folder and search options. A small window will open: "Folder Options".

Go to the View tab.

Select "Apply to Folders".

Select "Apply".

Select "OK"

Open a new File Explorer window to confirm the changes.

KwietShtorm, Sep 12, 2021
  3. Disable the file display groups in file explorer

I want to disable file explorer from sorting the files in groups. It keeps putting the files in to groupings and telling me how many files are in this groups. For example Q-Z (2). Really. I do not like this. It is like my email trying to sort by today,
    earlier in the week, and so on. I want to disable this feature.

DougVillaire, Sep 12, 2021
  4. Martin_S_ Win User

How to permanently disable Group By in File Explorer Windows

Windows Explorer: Saving not grouping permanently

When want to save something or open a file, sometimes Windows Explorer groups the folders/files. Even ungroup it, the change is no permanently. How can I change it permanently? The same happen with the columnwidth, it will be lost next time.

Thank you.

How to permanently disable Group By in File Explorer Windows 8c51e93a-0bd0-4f25-a7be-e7c1315437e2?upload=true.jpg

Martin_S_, Sep 12, 2021
Thema:

How to permanently disable Group By in File Explorer Windows

1. How to permanently disable Group By in File Explorer Windows - Similar Threads - permanently disable Group

2. Windows Explorer - How to disable Group By, or set to None, on all folders permanently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer - How to disable Group By, or set to None, on all folders permanently: I am having trouble with the Group By feature in Windows Explorer.I desire to not have the Group By option selected.I have followed instructions to change this in the folder options, but the Group By options keeps turning back on at a later time.Last post I read had links to...
  3. Windows Explorer - How to disable Group By, or set to None, on all folders permanently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer - How to disable Group By, or set to None, on all folders permanently: I am having trouble with the Group By feature in Windows Explorer.I desire to not have the Group By option selected.I have followed instructions to change this in the folder options, but the Group By options keeps turning back on at a later time.Last post I read had links to...
  4. How to PERMANENTLY disable Group By EVRYWHERE?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to PERMANENTLY disable Group By EVRYWHERE?: HelloJust installed the 22H2 update for Win 11.Before I remove it and go back to 21H2, can anybody tell me how to remove the group by view everywhere once and forever?I used the WinSetView utility, which worked brilliantly on 21H2 but it did not change the Download windows...
  5. How to PERMANENTLY disable Group By EVRYWHERE?

How to PERMANENTLY disable Group By EVRYWHERE?: HelloJust installed the 22H2 update for Win 11.Before I remove it and go back to 21H2, can anybody tell me how to remove the group by view everywhere once and forever?I used the WinSetView utility, which worked brilliantly on 21H2 but it did not change the Download windows...
  6. How to permanently disable Group By in File Explorer Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to permanently disable Group By in File Explorer Windows: Exact same question, still occurring in Windows 11 for a long time now. The only reply in that thread didn't help, so I'm asking for more help."I would like to permanently disable or remove the "Group By" option in the "View menu" of "File Explorer" in Windows. I can not...
  7. How to permanently disable Group By in File Explorer Windows

How to permanently disable Group By in File Explorer Windows: Exact same question, still occurring in Windows 11 for a long time now. The only reply in that thread didn't help, so I'm asking for more help."I would like to permanently disable or remove the "Group By" option in the "View menu" of "File Explorer" in Windows. I can not...
  8. Any way to disable the "grouping" option in file explorer permanently?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any way to disable the "grouping" option in file explorer permanently?: I really dislike that it automatically activated the grouping by date after this last update, in everything, and it is kind of annoying to have to right clikc and select the "group by none" every single time, I move something from one folder to another and next time I open...
  9. Any way to disable the "grouping" option in file explorer permanently?

Any way to disable the "grouping" option in file explorer permanently?: I really dislike that it automatically activated the grouping by date after this last update, in everything, and it is kind of annoying to have to right clikc and select the "group by none" every single time, I move something from one folder to another and next time I open...
  10. How to disable File Grouping in Explorer on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable File Grouping in Explorer on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The File Explorer is the ultimate tool for browsing files on storage on a Windows 10 computer. It provides a great sense of customization for both listing and performing operations on a file. A user can arrange the files and [...] This post How to disable...