Windows 10: How to permanently disable the Win 10 touchpad

Discus and support How to permanently disable the Win 10 touchpad in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Microsoft should have this turn off ability in the handicapped section. The touchpad is a terrible problem for anybody with shaky hands. To... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by derbeck, Sep 5, 2019.

1. derbeck Win User

How to permanently disable the Win 10 touchpad

Microsoft should have this turn off ability in the handicapped section. The touchpad is a terrible problem for anybody with shaky hands. To permanently turn off the touchpad in Win 10:

1. Right click on the left lower corner.

2. Select device manager.

3. Expand mice and other pointing devices.

4. Click the right mouse button to "PS/2 Compatible Mouse"

5. Choose Update driver.

6. Choose Driver from your computer (not automatically).

7. Choose Driver from list.

8. Unclick "Show compatible hardware" and more drivers appear.

9. Choose another type (for example mouse from Acer - API USB).

(ignore any incompatible message.)

10. Your touchpad will be disabled after restart of your computer.

11. Go back to 1 - 4 to get to the driver section and the touchpad.

12. Select "Disable device" .

(You must keep some driver or Win 10 will reinsert the old touchpad driver.)

:)

derbeck, Sep 5, 2019

2. Win 10 - disable touchpad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check for status.

• Right click on the Start icon and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on the touchpad driver and select Disable.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 5, 2019
  3. rrsharpe Win User
    win 10 disable touchpad

After upgrade from win 8.1 to win 10 on HP 15-d045nr laptop, cannot disable touchpad when usb mouse is installed. MANY MANY suggestions tried with no success. Help!!

rrsharpe, Sep 5, 2019
  4. How to permanently disable the Win 10 touchpad

win 10 disable touchpad

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

You can disable the touchpad pressing the FN key + (F1 – F10) (check the laptop user manual to find the Disable/enable touchpad function key).

You can also disable the touchpad using Device manager. To do so kindly follow the below given steps and check if it works:

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    • In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    • Right click on the device and then select "Disable".

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

How to permanently disable the Win 10 touchpad

1. How to permanently disable the Win 10 touchpad - Similar Threads - permanently disable touchpad

2. How to disable win update permanently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable win update permanently: I wanted to disable windows update so I tried to disable it from the services.msc option but as soon as I restarted my computer it automatically switched to manual from disabled and this is happening again and again with me please do reply if you have faced a similar issues...
  3. How to disable win update permanently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable win update permanently: I wanted to disable windows update so I tried to disable it from the services.msc option but as soon as I restarted my computer it automatically switched to manual from disabled and this is happening again and again with me please do reply if you have faced a similar issues...
  4. How to disable win update permanently

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to disable touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable touchpad: Sir,while typing hand lies on touchpad and by the time cursor is change its direction and its cause too many problems. its very bad to remove disable or off button of touch pad please enable it soon....
  6. Is there a way to permanently ENABLE the touchpad on Win 10??

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to permanently ENABLE the touchpad on Win 10??: Some programs & games keep turning off my Lenovo y720's built-in touchpad. I hate having to manually re-enable it every time. Is there please some reg-edit or other trick to force the enabled status on the touchpad? I've read a million times the ways to disable the touchpad...
  7. How to disable touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to disable touchpad: Prior to the latest update, I had my touchpad set to disable when it detected a mouse. With the latest update, my touchpad has been re-enabled and I can't find the settings to disable it. Can anyone help?...
  8. How to disable touchpad?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable touchpad?: Help me to disable touchpad of my HP laptop.I can't find an option to disable it in the settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-touchpad/3409ede4-c510-4a46-bf39-66015ce14933
  9. How to disable touchpad?

How to disable touchpad?: I am trying to disable my touchpad on my hp loptop. The settings do not give me an option to disable and it is really being a problem for me when I am typing. I tried uninstalling the driver for the touchpad because that was my only option but even that doesn't work. Can...
  10. How to Disable Touchpad

How to Disable Touchpad: Have Windows 10 and an Asus Laptop. I desperately want to disable the touchpad. I prefer a mouse. HELP!! Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-to-disable-touchpad/dcf895d7-6c1f-467c-8f28-14500dbf0544