Windows 10: How to permanently enable Sticky Keys?

Discus and support How to permanently enable Sticky Keys? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Each time i enable Sticky Keys in Settings, Ease of Access, they cancel quickly and i have to enable again and again. Can i set a keyboard combination... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KarolR, Oct 2, 2018.

1. KarolR Win User

How to permanently enable Sticky Keys?

Each time i enable Sticky Keys in Settings, Ease of Access, they cancel quickly and i have to enable again and again.
    Can i set a keyboard combination to enable them, instead of pressing 5 times Shift?

:)

KarolR, Oct 2, 2018
  2. Kantastic Win User

Enabling Sticky Keys in XP

So I decided to uncheck all the boxes and disable activation of sticky keys and/or toggle keys when I press/hold shift. Is there a way to enable them again?

Kantastic, Oct 2, 2018
  3. Jennifer Bri Win User
    Sticky keys will not stay enabled

Hi Jason,

This issue can be due to incorrect settings in your PC. Let us go ahead and check the Control Panel and make sure that everything is set correctly for your Sticky Keys to function properly. Here's how:

• Type Control Panel in the Search field located at the taskbar.
    • Select Control Panel from the list.
    • Go to Ease of Access.
    • Choose Ease of Access Center.
    • Click Set up Sticky Keys.
    • Make sure that the box is checked to turn on Sticky Keys.
    • Click Apply then OK to save the settings.

Update us on how it goes.

Jennifer Bri, Oct 2, 2018
  4. Andre for Directly Win User

sticky keys

To turn off once enabled, just simply press 3 or more of the Sticky Keys (Ctrl, Alt, Shift, Windows Button) at the same time.

or

Press Windows key + R

Type: control

Hit Enter

Open Ease of Access Center → Make your keyboard easier to use.

Click “Set up Sticky Keys” (or press ALT+C).

If there is a check in the box labeled “Turn On Sticky Keys”, un-check it.

Un-check “Turn on Sticky Keys when SHIFT is pressed five times”.

Click the OK button to save your changes.

or

Go to:

C:\WINDOWS\System32 and rename sethc.exe

This should now be permanently disabled.

Andre for Directly, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

1. How to permanently enable Sticky Keys? - Similar Threads - permanently enable Sticky

2. Enabling Adobe flash again permanently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enabling Adobe flash again permanently: I have been playing games through Facebook here since I purchased this HP pavillion laptop. I have windows 10 and use Chrome as my browser. In the last few weeks for some reason I am asked to confirm and allow the adobe flash before I can play each game. This had never...
  3. Sticky Keys Problem with build 17134.288

in Windows 10 Support
    Sticky Keys Problem with build 17134.288: Sticky Keys works with Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. The way it works is: You hit the Shift Key 5 times. A prompt comes up that asks you if want Sticky Keys or not. You click yes. Sticky Keys now how has kicked in. If you hit a Sticky Key (Ctl, Shift, Alt or Win key) a beep...
  4. enable funcion keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    enable funcion keys: how do I enable the F1 - F12 keys in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/enable-funcion-keys/45459847-f25c-4cdb-a575-30fdf949b33d
  5. Sticky Keys - Constantly turning itself on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sticky Keys - Constantly turning itself on: I'm fed up with this. I did a google search and its not new, this is a real problem with windows 10. At least once a week sticky keys turns on overnight when the pc is not even in use. Then I lose a lot of time having to climb behind a machine to unplug and restart several...
  6. NUM LOCK Key - Wanting to set on permanently/Disable key

in Windows 10 Customization
    NUM LOCK Key - Wanting to set on permanently/Disable key: As the title states I would like to find a way of setting my keyboard to always have NumLock to be on. Not just at boot up. I am aware of the registry setting that accomplishes this at boot (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Keyboard\InitialKeyboardIndicators) but that isn't...
  7. Clean "Sticky Keyboard keys"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clean "Sticky Keyboard keys": Anyone know how to clean "Sticky" keys on Gaming Keyboards. Ill explain i am left handed so i use the right ctrl key on my Logitech G510s a lot because its right next to the Direction keys so i can hit it with my index finger "or whats it called" The problem is i use that...
  8. Sticky Keys

in Windows 10 Support
    Sticky Keys: If you push the shift key 5 times a prompt comes up asking if want Sticky Keys or not. If you select yes then the next time you hit the Shift, Control, Alt or Window key, a beep sounds and the next key you hit will be effected by the Sticky Key. This very handy if you can...
  9. re-enable windows key

in Windows 10 Support
    re-enable windows key: Hello, I could not find a solution for how re-enable the windows key on my keyboard. This is the second time it just stopped working. I cannot figure out how I did it before. 37764
  10. Sticky keys won't turn off

in Windows 10 Support
    Sticky keys won't turn off: Have searched forum ... lots of answers but none work. Have physiccal problems and fingers don't always do what I 'tell' them too (like releaase a key immediately -see what I mean) 52414