Windows 10: How to permanently fix the touchpad issue in Windows 11?

Discus and support How to permanently fix the touchpad issue in Windows 11? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello Team,I have tried every method to fix my touch-pad, but nonetheless, the issue comes back every time.I have tried re-installing the driver,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Newt Scammander, Dec 2, 2023.

1. How to permanently fix the touchpad issue in Windows 11?

Hello Team,I have tried every method to fix my touch-pad, but nonetheless, the issue comes back every time.I have tried re-installing the driver, Turning off the toggle that allows the computer to turn off the device to save power. But it all comes back.

:)

Newt Scammander, Dec 2, 2023

2. No more touchpad for my laptop since upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Derek,

I would suggest the following steps :

• Press Windows + X
    • Click on Device Manager
    • Right click on TouchPad drivers in the list.
    • Choose Upgrade Drivers
    • Reboot computer

Check if this helped to fix the issue.

Vinod Archak, Dec 2, 2023
  3. Lenovo 2 11 w/Windows 10 touchpad issue

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

This issue may occur due to corrupted or incompatible drivers, missing updates, incorrect device settings or hardware problems.

Method 1:

Let's first run hardware and troubleshooter and check.

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type “Troubleshooting “in the search box and hit
      enter.
    • Click on Hardware and sound.
    • Click on Hardware and device and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Method 2:

If the issue is not resolved, I would suggest you to un-install and re-install touchpad driver from the manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Un-install the drivers:

Follow these steps:

• Click on Start icon.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Right click on the
      touchpad drivers and select “Uninstall”.
    • Restart the computer once it is uninstalled.
    Step 2:

I would suggest you to install latest touchpad driver from the manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Dec 2, 2023
  4. nxavis9 Win User

How to permanently fix the touchpad issue in Windows 11?

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Dec 2, 2023
Thema:

How to permanently fix the touchpad issue in Windows 11?

1. How to permanently fix the touchpad issue in Windows 11? - Similar Threads - permanently fix touchpad

2. Touchpad Issue Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad Issue Windows 11: I've trouble with using the touchpad. I've tried restarting and shutting down multiple times. The mousepad works sometimes and after once or twice it disappers and dosent work at all. Its really getting annoying to not use the mousepad properly since now ive to use the...
  3. Touchpad Issue Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad Issue Windows 11: I've trouble with using the touchpad. I've tried restarting and shutting down multiple times. The mousepad works sometimes and after once or twice it disappers and dosent work at all. Its really getting annoying to not use the mousepad properly since now ive to use the...
  4. Permanent Fix to Computer Performance Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permanent Fix to Computer Performance Issues: My computer was experiencing poor performance. After trying several different things, I ran the following command: "chkdsk /r" This fixed the problem. However, after turning my computer off and restarting windows the problem returned. I ran the command again and it fixed the...
  5. Permanent Fix to Computer Performance Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Permanent Fix to Computer Performance Issues: My computer was experiencing poor performance. After trying several different things, I ran the following command: "chkdsk /r" This fixed the problem. However, after turning my computer off and restarting windows the problem returned. I ran the command again and it fixed the...
  6. Permanent Fix to Computer Performance Issues

7. How to permanently fix the touchpad issue in Windows 11?

How to permanently fix the touchpad issue in Windows 11?: Hello Team,I have tried every method to fix my touch-pad, but nonetheless, the issue comes back every time.I have tried re-installing the driver, Turning off the toggle that allows the computer to turn off the device to save power. But it all comes back....
  8. How to fix touchpad issue in Windows 11 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix touchpad issue in Windows 11 ?: Touchpad stopped working after a minor windows 11 update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-touchpad-issue-in-windows-11/746372c0-0810-41de-bb80-217f5388c73f
  9. How to fix touchpad issue in Windows 11 ?

How to fix touchpad issue in Windows 11 ?: Touchpad stopped working after a minor windows 11 update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-touchpad-issue-in-windows-11/746372c0-0810-41de-bb80-217f5388c73f
  10. A permanent "Fix" for Optical Drive issue?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A permanent "Fix" for Optical Drive issue?: Friends I have looked up various fixes for Windows 10's ill treatment of "obsolete" DVD/CD optical drives and not finding a permanent cure. Many have reported issues, and what seems to work some of the time is simply removing the device in Device Manager, and restarting,...