Windows 10: How to permanently lock/pin part of my screen for some specific window

Discus and support How to permanently lock/pin part of my screen for some specific window in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am sorry I'm having a hard time phrasing my question clearly in a title format. I just want to have an excel sheet open all the time on the right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by vivid, May 6, 2018.

1. vivid Win User

How to permanently lock/pin part of my screen for some specific window

I am sorry I'm having a hard time phrasing my question clearly in a title format. I just want to have an excel sheet open all the time on the right side of my screen and stay there permanently.

I tried "Always on Top" application and it's amazing for what it does. But "always on top" means all the other Windows will be behind it. I don't want that. I want rest of the applications/explorer to think that that part of the screen is locked or not accessible.

I can resize windows so they don't go behind my excel (always on top) window but would be too cumbersome as I have to do that for every new window I open.

I am hoping there's some other, simpler solution to this than anything that has to do with "virtual machines" or "splitting screens" literally.

I hope I have made it clear.

:)

vivid, May 6, 2018
Thema:

How to permanently lock/pin part of my screen for some specific window

1. How to permanently lock/pin part of my screen for some specific window - Similar Threads - permanently lock pin

2. How to cut specific parts of a window off?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to cut specific parts of a window off?: I’m looking for a program that lets you choose a specific part of a window to display, let’s say the left side of the window is filled with things you don’t need, how do you then cut it off?Not resize, but cut offI’ve been having this problem for years, I just can’t take it...
  3. How to cut specific parts of a window off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to cut specific parts of a window off?: I’m looking for a program that lets you choose a specific part of a window to display, let’s say the left side of the window is filled with things you don’t need, how do you then cut it off?Not resize, but cut offI’ve been having this problem for years, I just can’t take it...
  4. How to cut specific parts of a window off?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to remove pin permanently?

How to remove pin permanently?: Windows 10 System -We have a new laptop in our small office. I'm trying to remove the PIN required for accessing the system. I have followed the directions on how to remove/reset a pin directions on the MS Windows 10 site Open the Settings, and click/tap on the Accounts icon....
  6. Some part of my screen become unclickable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some part of my screen become unclickable: since last year I have had this problem, some part of my screen becomes unclickable unless i restart the machine,so late week I did a clean install of Windows 11, guess what, today that demon is back today, this is frustrating as hell, any help please....
  7. Some part of my screen become unclickable

Some part of my screen become unclickable: since last year I have had this problem, some part of my screen becomes unclickable unless i restart the machine,so late week I did a clean install of Windows 11, guess what, today that demon is back today, this is frustrating as hell, any help please....
  8. Setting Permanent LOCK SCREEN

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Setting Permanent LOCK SCREEN: How can I set a permanent lock screen picture on my windows 10 computer? I have a specific picture that I want to always be the lock screen but every time I play a song on Groove Music, the computer automatically changes the lock screen image to whatever picture is associated...
  9. Permanently Disable Lock Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Permanently Disable Lock Screen: I got a new laptop and it had some undesired behavior: After 5 minutes of being left unattended it returns to the lock screen where I have to sign in again. I cannot watch movies or anything else because the unattended pc goes to the lock screen after 5 minutes. I...
  10. how to disable pin on lock screen?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how to disable pin on lock screen?: Hello, Is it possible to remove the passcode upon laptop, windows 10, start up? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-pin-on-lock-screen/e02b2fa0-ffc5-4b6a-87d2-7f1e88c9b4ef