Windows 10: How to permanently remove 'Focus assist' message in Action Center after the 1903 update?

Discus and support How to permanently remove 'Focus assist' message in Action Center after the 1903 update? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After I installed the 1903 update I disabled 'Focus assist" using the instructions at this link.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sdmike1974, Jul 12, 2019.

1. How to permanently remove 'Focus assist' message in Action Center after the 1903 update?

After I installed the 1903 update I disabled 'Focus assist" using the instructions at this link.
    https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-focus-assist-reduce-distractions-windows-10-april-2018-update

But I am still getting the Action Center message shown in this screenshot despite turning off 'Focus assist.'

How to permanently remove 'Focus assist' message in Action Center after the 1903 update? 8b9a4059-1019-40e5-bfa2-ce2c9f70193e?upload=true.jpg

Anyone know how to get rid of this message permanently?

I wish the update would have added a checkbox for 'Classic View.' I was totally satisfied with the Action Center behavior prior to the 1903 update.

:)

sdmike1974, Jul 12, 2019
  2. Nim.121 Win User

Issues with Focus Assist and Notifications on Windows 10

Recently the notification bubble on the lower right of my taskbar sometimes displays a number, yet no new notifications would show in the action center. Whenever this happens:

• The Focus Assist quick action icon in the action center will not work even when I try to click on it (similar to whenever the quick action button for brightness adjust does not work)
    • Trying to open the Focus Assist settings will force-close Settings altogether

Sometimes it fixes itself, meaning I can finally open the focus assist settings, enable focus assist via the icon in the action center if I want to, and see the notification(s) list in the action center that was/were hiding before. Though the problem comes
    back again later on.

Other times if it bothers me that my notifications are not popping up in my action center for too long, I restart my Surface Pro 3 and the problem goes away temporarily. This happens randomly as if focus assist is turning itself on and off.

I believe focus assist and/or the notification settings may be the problem.

Is there a way to troubleshoot or fix this completely?

[Moved from : Windows 10 / Windows settings]

Nim.121, Jul 12, 2019
  3. G.Paz Win User
    Help Removing Action Center.

Hello Sue

Thank you for participating in the Microsoft Community, my name is , I am an Independent Advisor.

In addition to the steps executed by regedit, I suggest you disable this feature from the System settings:

In the System window, click the “Notifications & actions”

On the right, click the “Turn system icons on or off” link.

Scroll down to the bottom of the list of icons you can turn on or off, and click the button to disable Action Center.

Then, executed a Windows update and restart you machine.

Let me know if the issue still continuous.

Good luck on this process!!

G.Paz, Jul 12, 2019
  4. Sharief K Win User

How to permanently remove 'Focus assist' message in Action Center after the 1903 update?

Action Center

Hi,

Let's follow these steps to disable action center:

• Click on Start, type notifications in the search box.
    • In the list, select notifications & action settings.
    • On the right side, click on turn system icons on or off.
    • Turn off action center from there.
    Hope it helps. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to reply. We will be glad to assist you.

Sharief K, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

How to permanently remove 'Focus assist' message in Action Center after the 1903 update?

1. How to permanently remove 'Focus assist' message in Action Center after the 1903 update? - Similar Threads - permanently remove 'Focus

2. Windows 11... There's no "focus assist" in my action center.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11... There's no "focus assist" in my action center.: Windows 11... There's no "focus assist" in my action center. I get no sound from the Alarm/Clock app when it goes off. I have lots of important alarms set. Each one "goes off" but without sound. All other apps and web browsers and video play sound perfectly fine. I notice my...
  3. Windows 11... There's no "focus assist" in my action center.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11... There's no "focus assist" in my action center.: Windows 11... There's no "focus assist" in my action center. I get no sound from the Alarm/Clock app when it goes off. I have lots of important alarms set. Each one "goes off" but without sound. All other apps and web browsers and video play sound perfectly fine. I notice my...
  4. Permanent Removal of Focus Assist

Permanent Removal of Focus Assist: Fixes are not working I need Focus Assist removed. Focus Assist dose not assist me in any way at all. If anything Focus Assist is a hindrance that gets in my way effecting productivity. I have tried a total of 23 tips and nothing has worked have worked. I do not need anymore...
  5. Permanent Removal of Focus Assist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permanent Removal of Focus Assist: Fixes are not working I need Focus Assist removed. Focus Assist dose not assist me in any way at all. If anything Focus Assist is a hindrance that gets in my way effecting productivity. I have tried a total of 23 tips and nothing has worked have worked. I do not need anymore...
  6. Permanent Removal of Focus Assist

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Permanent Removal of Focus Assist or other fixes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permanent Removal of Focus Assist or other fixes: I have tried every combination of every setting and switch in the Focus Assist settings, but no matter what I do it comes back on within seconds. I've been able to coast on 'priority only' mode as a compromise, with my messenger apps enabled as priorities, but that no longer...
  8. Permanent Removal of Focus Assist or other fixes

Permanent Removal of Focus Assist or other fixes: I have tried every combination of every setting and switch in the Focus Assist settings, but no matter what I do it comes back on within seconds. I've been able to coast on 'priority only' mode as a compromise, with my messenger apps enabled as priorities, but that no longer...
  9. Permanent Removal of Focus Assist or other fixes

10. How to remove Focus Assist permanently

How to remove Focus Assist permanently: Despite all my attempts at disabling Focus Assist using instructions provided by official MS and other websites, the app persists. I never use it. How can I permanently remove it, whether using Regedit or another method? FWIW, my Win10 Pro doesn't let me access Group Policies...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to uninstall focus assist

2. uninstall focus assist windows 10

3. remove focus assist

4. remove focus assist windows 10,
  5. how to disable focus assist,
  6. how to disable focus assist in windows 10,
  7. how to remove focuse,
  8. windows 10 1903 remove focus assist ,
  9. action assist uninstall,
  10. Disable focus assistin the registry,
  11. disable windows message your notification will remain quiet her in,