Windows 10: How to permanently remove 'Focus assist' message in Action Center after the 1903 update?

Discus and support How to permanently remove 'Focus assist' message in Action Center after the 1903 update? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After I installed the 1903 update I disabled 'Focus assist" using the instructions at this link.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sdmike1974, Jul 12, 2019.

1. How to permanently remove 'Focus assist' message in Action Center after the 1903 update?

After I installed the 1903 update I disabled 'Focus assist" using the instructions at this link.
    https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-focus-assist-reduce-distractions-windows-10-april-2018-update

But I am still getting the Action Center message shown in this screenshot despite turning off 'Focus assist.'

How to permanently remove 'Focus assist' message in Action Center after the 1903 update? 8b9a4059-1019-40e5-bfa2-ce2c9f70193e?upload=true.jpg

Anyone know how to get rid of this message permanently?

I wish the update would have added a checkbox for 'Classic View.' I was totally satisfied with the Action Center behavior prior to the 1903 update.

:)

sdmike1974, Jul 12, 2019
  2. Nim.121 Win User

Issues with Focus Assist and Notifications on Windows 10

Recently the notification bubble on the lower right of my taskbar sometimes displays a number, yet no new notifications would show in the action center. Whenever this happens:

• The Focus Assist quick action icon in the action center will not work even when I try to click on it (similar to whenever the quick action button for brightness adjust does not work)
    • Trying to open the Focus Assist settings will force-close Settings altogether

Sometimes it fixes itself, meaning I can finally open the focus assist settings, enable focus assist via the icon in the action center if I want to, and see the notification(s) list in the action center that was/were hiding before. Though the problem comes
    back again later on.

Other times if it bothers me that my notifications are not popping up in my action center for too long, I restart my Surface Pro 3 and the problem goes away temporarily. This happens randomly as if focus assist is turning itself on and off.

I believe focus assist and/or the notification settings may be the problem.

Is there a way to troubleshoot or fix this completely?

[Moved from : Windows 10 / Windows settings]

Nim.121, Jul 12, 2019
  3. G.Paz Win User
    Help Removing Action Center.

Hello Sue

Thank you for participating in the Microsoft Community, my name is , I am an Independent Advisor.

In addition to the steps executed by regedit, I suggest you disable this feature from the System settings:

In the System window, click the “Notifications & actions”

On the right, click the “Turn system icons on or off” link.

Scroll down to the bottom of the list of icons you can turn on or off, and click the button to disable Action Center.

Then, executed a Windows update and restart you machine.

Let me know if the issue still continuous.

Good luck on this process!!

G.Paz, Jul 12, 2019
  4. Sharief K Win User

How to permanently remove 'Focus assist' message in Action Center after the 1903 update?

Action Center

Hi,

Let's follow these steps to disable action center:

• Click on Start, type notifications in the search box.
    • In the list, select notifications & action settings.
    • On the right side, click on turn system icons on or off.
    • Turn off action center from there.
    Hope it helps. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to reply. We will be glad to assist you.

Sharief K, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

How to permanently remove 'Focus assist' message in Action Center after the 1903 update?

1. How to permanently remove 'Focus assist' message in Action Center after the 1903 update? - Similar Threads - permanently remove 'Focus

2. Update 1903 Action Center Setting Unclear

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update 1903 Action Center Setting Unclear: After installing July Win10 update 1903 (which incidentally took over four hours using Windows 10 Update Assistant) I get a new message in Action Center which is a bit unclear. What does this 'Focus assist' setting mean to you? What is the impact? [ATTACH] For example,...
  3. Focus Assist problem following update to version 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Focus Assist problem following update to version 1903: I updated to version 1903 a couple of days ago and, since then, I keep getting incessant messages in the Action Center that "your notifications will remain quiet while you're in full screen mode." I've tried turning off Focus Assist. I've tried changing the settings. I can't...
  4. Focus Assistant on 1903

in Windows 10 Support
    Focus Assistant on 1903: Greetings. Can anyone help me figure out how the Focus assistant in Windows 10 build 1903 works exactly? Because right now I have it to"off" in the Setting menu, but everytime I do stuff it turns itself "on" by its own and keeps reminding me that "notifications will remain...
  5. action center wont open after 1903

action center wont open after 1903: hello, after updating to 1903, I can only access the action center by clicking in the balloon icon the first time i try. after it opens the first time, if I click on the balloon again, nothing happens. I have to restart the explorer exe process in order to make it work again....
  6. how to remove action center in tool bar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to remove action center in tool bar?: How do you remove the Action Center on the Windows10 tool bar - that I NEVER asked for! Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-action-center-in-tool-bar/d6e19caf-8f80-4b6f-a1a7-31bc5a1ef537
  7. Permanently disable Focus Assist?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Permanently disable Focus Assist?: I've noticed the Focus Assist feature for a couple of weeks now and I've always wondered why it keeps enabling itself. It makes me miss potentially important notifications. It looks like Focus Assist enables itself whenever my Thunderbolt 3 docking station with two external...
  8. Focus Assist

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Focus Assist: Is Focus Assist a Windows thing? It just started popping up. I've never seen it before. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/focus-assist/5393202c-2261-48cf-8c13-b80aeaf8092c
  9. FOCUS ASSIST

FOCUS ASSIST: How do I PERMANENTLY remove and disable this crippleware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/focus-assist/757c9cc1-25f0-47c7-a715-241998b45a8c
  10. Action center / compatibility assistant repeating

in Windows 10 Support
    Action center / compatibility assistant repeating: The action center informed me that CCleaner was not compatible and was removed. Every time the pc is booted, it repeats that message. I have tried removing every trace of CCleaner I can find but it still repeats the message at boot. I don't want to turn off notifications,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove focus assist

2. windows 10 1903 disable action center

3. windows 10 focus assistent remove from action center