Windows 10: How to permanently roll back last update? It's trashing my high-end computer.

Discus and support How to permanently roll back last update? It's trashing my high-end computer. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The latest Win 10 update 10.0.18362 Build 18362 has caused an array of issues for my computer, before then it had worked fine. Since the update There... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GuyIe_26, Sep 4, 2019.

1. GuyIe_26 Win User

How to permanently roll back last update? It's trashing my high-end computer.

The latest Win 10 update 10.0.18362 Build 18362 has caused an array of issues for my computer, before then it had worked fine. Since the update

• There is a delay when I click the Start icon, there's also a delay when I press the Windows Start button on my keyboard, restarting my PC and reducing running programs have not fixed this.
    • My wifi must be reconnected every time I restart and I have to type my wifi's password in every time
    • Google Chrome has been freezing on me, having to restart the program frequently
    • The resolution of some program windows are now pixilated, including Tobii Eye Tracking
    • My AlienwareFX says it's working but my keyboard will not light up anymore

There are just the problems that are directly affecting me at the moment. I didn't have these issues before and the new update just isn't working with my computer. I have an Intel i7 processor, 16 GB RAM, 1.5 TB SSD, and similar high-spec components that make up my network card, etc.

I'm not part of the "fast circle" group for Windows 10 either, I just want to go back to when my computer was working before and not mess with "this kind of works" build.

The delay on the start icon is extraordinarily frustrating...

:)

GuyIe_26, Sep 4, 2019

2. I don't have the IDT High Definition Audio Codec Driver installed on my computer

Hi,

If you want to have the high definition audio codec driver on your computer, we suggest updating your sound driver. Follow the steps below to update sound driver.

• On Start menu and type
      Device Manager
      and press enter.
    • Click Sound, video, and game controllers.
    • Right-click IDT High definition audio codec and
      Update driver.
    • If there are no update available, reinstall the driver by clicking Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer. Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

We also suggest updating the chipset driver from your manufacturer's website. Click
    here and
    follow the steps provided to install and update drivers in Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Reymichael Ros, Sep 4, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    IDT High Definition Audio CODEC Not Working

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to update the driver and check if the issue persist.

Follow the steps to Update the driver and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Select IDT High Definition Audio CODEC on Device Manager.
    • Select the Driver tab.
    • Click on Update Driver.
    • Select the option “browse my computer for driver software”.
    • Select the option “let me pick up a list of device drivers on my computer”.
    • Select the High Definition Audio Device instead of IDT High Definition" And click next.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Sep 4, 2019
  4. How to permanently roll back last update? It's trashing my high-end computer.

High End GPU Shortage???

Whose to blame for the shortage in high-end GPUs? Is it these crypto miners or should part of the blame be placed on the manufacturers deliberately keeping the demand up?

AMDs RX-480/580 cards are like gold dust and fly out the retail door before they've even been put on shelves and GTX-1070s/1080s at over inflated prices due to high demand.

I've just been reading that in Italy,..there is a shortage of high-end GPUs and even many retailers and online stores in Germany are suffering shortages too. In fact, it seems this is a Europe-wide problem with sellers experiencing problems obtaining high-end GPU stocks with waiting lists up to three months!

Runnerbean, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

How to permanently roll back last update? It's trashing my high-end computer.

1. How to permanently roll back last update? It's trashing my high-end computer. - Similar Threads - permanently roll last

2. Windows 10 update 10-7-23 trashed my computer! no way to get restore point or roll back...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 update 10-7-23 trashed my computer! no way to get restore point or roll back...: On 10-7-23 took a windows 10 update from HELL!!! It deleted all kinds of my files plus removed restore points and have no option to uninstall update ware is the downloadable patch that will restore my computer to what it was before it took update and destroyed my outlook...
  3. Windows 10 update 10-7-23 trashed my computer! no way to get restore point or roll back...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 update 10-7-23 trashed my computer! no way to get restore point or roll back...: On 10-7-23 took a windows 10 update from HELL!!! It deleted all kinds of my files plus removed restore points and have no option to uninstall update ware is the downloadable patch that will restore my computer to what it was before it took update and destroyed my outlook...
  4. Windows 10 update 10-7-23 trashed my computer! no way to get restore point or roll back...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. my computer is trashed

in Windows 10 Customization
    my computer is trashed: There is no way to fix it, tried going to a earlier build, also installed a preview build on a virtual machine but it updated my HOST!?, It's not fair, now all the files to let me go back to the previousbuild are gone forever....
  6. computer roll back

computer roll back: How do I roll back my computer to an earlier date. I have windows 10. But seem to have lost some of my files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-roll-back/8e89f3be-4fe7-4444-b5ac-54543c92e575
  7. Update broke computer, unable to roll back

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update broke computer, unable to roll back: Today, I updated my computer. The update made me unable to login. I know how I am supposed to be able to roll back the update: Boot into recovery mode, then select uninstall update. However, it asks for my Microsoft Account password to do that. When I provide the password,...
  8. Last night's update stopped recognizing a monitor. How do I roll back?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Last night's update stopped recognizing a monitor. How do I roll back?: I have a main monitor and a secondary one. I also use an older Trendnet KVM. The second monitor is hooked up to both my main and older computer, while the primary is only to my main computer. Both are connected to the primary through the KVM using a splitter. Both worked...
  9. How to update after rolling back

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to update after rolling back: So I rolled back the 393 build to the 372 build. Windows is smart enough to not re-update me to 393 when Windows check for updates. There should be a check box or something to allow the update. So now I want to go to 393 again but WU is not seeing it. How do I force it ?...
  10. Can only roll back to the last build

Can only roll back to the last build: I'm trying to roll back to the OEM Win 7 on this machine. On the setting page "Updates & security" the options under "recovery" did NOT include rolling back to Win 7. The only choice was to roll back to the previous build. I thought perhaps I would have to work my way back to...