Windows 10: How to permanently set or adjust the position of an application window on computer screen?

Discus and support How to permanently set or adjust the position of an application window on computer screen? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello Community,Whenever we launch/open any application on our computer, it by default opens exactly in the center of the computer screen. So is there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Vikramaditya84, Jun 1, 2021.

1. How to permanently set or adjust the position of an application window on computer screen?

Hello Community,Whenever we launch/open any application on our computer, it by default opens exactly in the center of the computer screen. So is there any setting available using which we can permanently set or adjust the position of an application window on the screen e.g. in top left, or bottom right etc. So next time when we open that application, it opens in the set position, and not in the center of the screen.PS:- I am not talking about any particular application. You can consider any application.OS: Windows 2010 ProI appreciate any help and suggestions on this.Thank you.

:)

Vikramaditya84, Jun 1, 2021

2. How to permanently set position of some application window on desktop

Hello Experts,

I have a few important applications installed on my PC. I frequently need to open and close those applications. However, let's say, when I launched application A, and in order to login into that application, I parallelly need to
    open another application B to obtain some required information (for login into application A). But application A and B both open on each other and I have to press right key and move one of them to another place or corner on the desktop.

Can you suggest if there is any way to permanently set position of any one of them on the desktop, so I need not to manually move any application to some other corner on the desktop? Request: I don't want to edit registry of my
    PC.

Thanks in advance.

Vikramaditya Singh, Jun 1, 2021
  3. Adjust brightness settings in Windows 10

Hi Vicky,

I understand that you want to adjust the brightness of the computer. I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

2. From where exactly are you trying to adjust the brightness?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Settings in the Search bar and then Enter.
    • Click on the System and then Notifications and Actions which is available on the Left pane.
    • Click on Add or Remove quick Actions.
    • In the make sure that the Brightness is ON.
    • Then click on the Action Center and adjust the Brightness according to your preference.
    Hope this helps. Please get back to us with more information if the issue persists, or if you have any queries related to Windows. We are here to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jun 1, 2021
  4. morat Win User

How to permanently set or adjust the position of an application window on computer screen?

Adjust desktop position

I clean installed Windows 10 for the first time in March 2021. I'm using a 10 years old motherboard with Windows 10 Pro 20H2 32-bit. I was previously on Windows 7 Pro SP1 32-bit.

The start menu and taskbar looks correct, but the x-axis coordinates are off.

How to permanently set or adjust the position of an application window on computer screen? [​IMG]

I tested the Chrome window with the AutoHotkey AU3_Spy.exe Active Window Info utility. If I resize the Chrome window vertically to the top most position, then the active window position top value is 0. If I resize the Chrome window horizontally to the left most position, then the active window position left value is -6, not 0.

How do I adjust the x-axis coordinates?

I tried...

Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > NVIDIA Control Panel > Display > Adjust desktop size and position

There is no "Position" tab like in the following article.

How to fix computer screen shifted to the right
    How to fix computer screen shifted to the right [Windows 10]

The monitor user guide says that position adjustments are only available for VGA input. I'm using DVI input.

My specs...

* ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 AM3 AMD 890GX HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard (ordered in Aug 2010)
    * AMD Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition Callisto 3.2GHz Dual-Core Desktop Processor (ordered in Aug 2010)
    * EVGA 01G-P3-1313-KR GeForce 210 1GB 64-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 Video Card (ordered in Dec 2012)
    * Dell UltraSharp U2412M Monitor (ordered in Nov 2016)
    * G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3-10666) Desktop Memory (ordered in Oct 2019)
    * Samsung 860 EVO Series 250 GB SATA III 2.5" Internal SSD (ordered in Mar 2021)

morat, Jun 1, 2021
Thema:

How to permanently set or adjust the position of an application window on computer screen?

1. How to permanently set or adjust the position of an application window on computer screen? - Similar Threads - permanently set adjust

2. Windows setting adjustment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows setting adjustment: How can I remove a setting that was established when I had my windows desktop device for business purposes? My system is not properly managing windows updates even 2 years after leaving the company and working with business support to remove or adjust the settings on my...
  3. Windows setting adjustment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows setting adjustment: How can I remove a setting that was established when I had my windows desktop device for business purposes? My system is not properly managing windows updates even 2 years after leaving the company and working with business support to remove or adjust the settings on my...
  4. Adjust desktop position

in Windows 10 Support
    Adjust desktop position: I clean installed Windows 10 for the first time in March 2021. I'm using a 10 years old motherboard with Windows 10 Pro 20H2 32-bit. I was previously on Windows 7 Pro SP1 32-bit. The start menu and taskbar looks correct, but the x-axis coordinates are off. I tested the Chrome...
  5. Permanently stopping a recurring false positive?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Permanently stopping a recurring false positive?: Ever since I switched back to Microsoft Defender Antivirus in January after Xfinity stopped offering Norton for free, I have been receiving a persistent false positive on the file C:\Windows\Temp\cpnprt2x64.cid. It has been variously detected at different times as...
  6. Windows never remember applications position on dual screen setup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows never remember applications position on dual screen setup: Hi I am on Windows 10 Pro Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 card Intel core i9 processor Dual monitor setup: 1. Dell P2415Q secondary screen 2. Wacom Cintiq 22" main screen The problem is that all my applications windows positions always reset to the primary monitor after the...
  7. Setting Permanent LOCK SCREEN

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Setting Permanent LOCK SCREEN: How can I set a permanent lock screen picture on my windows 10 computer? I have a specific picture that I want to always be the lock screen but every time I play a song on Groove Music, the computer automatically changes the lock screen image to whatever picture is associated...
  8. How to permanently set position of some application window on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to permanently set position of some application window on desktop: Hello Experts, I have a few important applications installed on my PC. I frequently need to open and close those applications. However, let's say, when I launched application A, and in order to login into that application, I parallelly need to open another application B to...
  9. Computer Screen needs adjustment

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer Screen needs adjustment: my computer screen footer is suddenly more than a inch taller. Can you help me adjust back to standard? Douglass https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-screen-needs-adjustment/7079ff39-cc80-41b8-99f8-b360eff367e0
  10. Windows Re-positioning Applications

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows Re-positioning Applications: I can't help with drivers ... but there's a way to deal with these things. AutoHotKey let's you define hot keys that can execute a variety of functions. It will even allow you to move windows around on screen. It's a full programming language, too. It won't stop your...