Windows 10: How to permanently uninstall a second mouse listed in Device Manager

Discus and support How to permanently uninstall a second mouse listed in Device Manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I'm having problems with my computer scrolling on its own. This happens both when I have my external mouse plugged in and when I am using only the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by YentePotgieter, Sep 17, 2018.

1. How to permanently uninstall a second mouse listed in Device Manager

Hi

I'm having problems with my computer scrolling on its own. This happens both when I have my external mouse plugged in and when I am using only the touch pad. When my pointer hovers over certain lists, it will scroll to the bottom and stay there. I then have no way in returning to the top. This also happens in certain settings, where it then scrolls to the bottom and selects the bottom setting. I then can't change it back to any other setting.

I saw in my Device Manager that there are two listings named "HID-compliant mouse". I updated both with no change. I then uninstalled the second listing and the scrolling stopped completely.

The problem is, however, that the second HID-compliant mouse keeps reinstalling.

Is there any way to permanently uninstall this?

Thank you in advance

Yente

:)

YentePotgieter, Sep 17, 2018

2. No hardware listed in Device manager?

I don't konw whathappend but in Device manager and in my Network connections there is nothing where there used to be a Modem listed and all my hardware in Device Manager. What happend and how do I fix this?

How to permanently uninstall a second mouse listed in Device Manager What%20the%20Crap.jpg

AphexDreamer, Sep 17, 2018
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Sep 17, 2018
  4. How to permanently uninstall a second mouse listed in Device Manager

More than one listing in Device Manager

In addition to the resolution, we suggest that you uninstall both keyboard drivers from the
    Device Manager of your PC, and then restart your device to automatically reinstall the appropriate keyboard driver on your computer. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

• Click Start, type Device Manager, and then press
      Enter.
    • Expand the Keyboard section, right-click on the device driver, and then select
      Uninstall.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
    • Uninstall both drivers.
    • Once you’re done, restart your device and check if the issue persists.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

How to permanently uninstall a second mouse listed in Device Manager

1. How to permanently uninstall a second mouse listed in Device Manager - Similar Threads - permanently uninstall second

2. Device manager there is no list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device manager there is no list: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-manager-there-is-no-list/23840481-62bc-4af9-b442-b79c6e850882
  3. Device manager there is no list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device manager there is no list: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-manager-there-is-no-list/23840481-62bc-4af9-b442-b79c6e850882
  4. Devices Manager lists devices as driverless.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Devices Manager lists devices as driverless.: Some of my devices, including my graphics card and ethernet controller, have suddenly been listed under unknown devices rather than their usual category The Video Controller and Audio Devices are what I think is supposed to be an Nvidia GTX 1060 6gb. The Ethernet controller...
  5. Keyboard, mouse and monitor not listed in Device Manager?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard, mouse and monitor not listed in Device Manager?: Hmm. Maybe that's the cause of my failed 2004 feature updates? I would get an 0xc1900101 error, meaning incompatible drivers. How can I have the correct drivers if they're not even listed in Device Manager? Instead I see HID Keyboard Device listed three times, HID compliant...
  6. Camera not listing in device manager

Camera not listing in device manager: Hi, Camera not listing in device manager tried uninstalling drivers. installed latest updates windows 10 was installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-listing-in-device-manager/dfcb1881-eed0-44bc-9a54-a320de3d40a4
  7. How do I permanently uninstall a device from the device manager

How do I permanently uninstall a device from the device manager: How do I remove Microsoft PS/2 KEyboard and mouse permanently, because they keep reappearing after I uninstall them, they are causing my computer to crash....
  8. How to make changes in Device Manager permanent

How to make changes in Device Manager permanent: I have a touchscreen laptop which recently acquired a crack. Near this crack there will often be "ghost clicks". To try and stop this problem I disabled the HID compliant touch screen in Device manager. It worked. However the next day the touchscreen had re-enabled itself,...
  9. How to make changes in Device Manager permanent

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make changes in Device Manager permanent: I have a touchscreen laptop which recently acquired a crack. Near this crack there will often be "ghost clicks". To try and stop this problem I disabled the HID compliant touch screen in Device manager. It worked. However the next day the touchscreen had re-enabled itself,...
  10. Device not listed under Device Manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Device not listed under Device Manager: Hello all, I just upgraded to Windows 10; not much problems for me, except one that I really wish I new that before upgrading. Let me just say this; the Windows 10 app on my pc (runing Win7 Ultimate) did not say anything about this issue, that's why I upgraded. Under...