Windows 10: How to permenantly remove GameInput Redistributable?

Discus and support How to permenantly remove GameInput Redistributable? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I've been having this problem where GameInput Redistributable causes my pc to freeze completely and crash everything on the screen freezes, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Caper Iris, Jul 18, 2020.

1. How to permenantly remove GameInput Redistributable?

Hi,

I've been having this problem where GameInput Redistributable causes my pc to freeze completely and crash everything on the screen freezes, the num lock test doesn't work, ctrl+alt+dlt doesn't work. The only solution I had is to uninstall the feature and my PC works fine.

However every time I reboot it reinstalls it.

Which means I have to uninstall it every single time I turn my pc on.

My windows updates are blocked from updating, but it still reinstalls it. Please tell me theres a way to uninstall it for good. Its so infuriating to have to uninstall it or have my PC just die every few hours. :

:)

Caper Iris, Jul 18, 2020
  2. Callender Win User

How to permenantly remove Adobe Flash Player ?

Just disable update.

How to permenantly remove GameInput Redistributable? [​IMG]

Callender, Jul 18, 2020
  3. Callender Win User

Well if you uninstalled via Control Panel add/ reove programs it probably didn't work.

I've just run the dedicated removal tool from Adobe (run as administrator) and it didn't fully uninstall flash player. See the following:

These registry changes straight away after runnng dedicated uninstaller.

These leftovers after a reboot.

Ran this script. Note there is no SysWOW64 directory on my 32bit machine but I left the entries for anyone running 64bit.

Another reboot is required to force delete leftovers.

After the reboot it's gone including the updater and update service.

So the moral of the story is that it's not guranteed to be removed unless you check for leftovers.

Callender, Jul 18, 2020
  4. Callender Win User

How to permenantly remove GameInput Redistributable?

Just search for control panel in the windows search box and click the desktop app. Or lauch contol panel any other way that you know of.

When Control Panel opens switch view to "small icons"

No Ccleaner? Disable the task in Task Scheduler.

Callender, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

How to permenantly remove GameInput Redistributable?

1. How to permenantly remove GameInput Redistributable? - Similar Threads - permenantly remove GameInput

2. Is there a way to prevent GameInput Redistributable from reinstalling itself after I remove it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to prevent GameInput Redistributable from reinstalling itself after I remove it?: Hello, I'm having similar issues to this query posted nearly two years ago. Long story short, I'm fairly certain that the service Microsoft GameInput Redistributable is causing my Windows system to freeze on a near daily basis, particularly when it reinstalls or reconfigures...
  3. Is there a way to prevent GameInput Redistributable from reinstalling itself after I remove it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to prevent GameInput Redistributable from reinstalling itself after I remove it?: Hello, I'm having similar issues to this query posted nearly two years ago. Long story short, I'm fairly certain that the service Microsoft GameInput Redistributable is causing my Windows system to freeze on a near daily basis, particularly when it reinstalls or reconfigures...
  4. Is there a way to prevent GameInput Redistributable from reinstalling itself after I remove it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to get rid of GameInput Redistributable permanently?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get rid of GameInput Redistributable permanently?: Hey guys, since a short while ago my laptop keeps crashing at random intervals. Not cool, but anyways. After checking the Reliability Monitor, ''GameInput Redistributable'' is acting up; at the exact same time my laptop freezes, EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I'm sick of this needless...
  6. Laptop Freezes because GameInput Redistributable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Freezes because GameInput Redistributable: My quite brand new Asus Tuf Gaming Laptop seems to have started freezing at 9/20/2020 and from the reliability monitor and some digging around it feels like its being caused by GameInput Redistributable, though i am not 100% sure if its the problem. Any help or tips on...
  7. GameInput redistributable and drawing tablets

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GameInput redistributable and drawing tablets: Two days ago, my drawing tablet began missing my inputs. My pen would be on the screen, but the cursor would not move, or it would move seconds after I had moved the pen. For reference, I had purchased my tablet 2 years ago and have not had this problem before. After...
  8. "GameInput Redistributable" -- What is it, what's using it, how to get rid of it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "GameInput Redistributable" -- What is it, what's using it, how to get rid of it?: Since sometime before 02 June 2020, two of our three computers have been showing the following under Windows Update: "Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004 The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. We’re offering this update to compatible devices, but your device...
  9. GameInput Redistributable, does anybody know what this is?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    GameInput Redistributable, does anybody know what this is?: I found it installed in my programs list today: https://i.imgur.com/LnfnsPU.png Apparently it's from Microsoft, but I can't find any official info on it. There's another recent thread about it here and nobody there knows what it is either. submitted by /u/sheburns...
  10. How to permenantly remove Adobe Flash Player ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to permenantly remove Adobe Flash Player ?: Surface 3. Windows 10 Home, version 1709, OS Build 16299.214 Adobe Flash Player kept re-installing BY ITSELF each time I uninstalled it. What to do ? Adding : Yes. I had Chrome installed. I had it uninstalled 10 minutes ago. Will that help ? 103707

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to disable gameinpour redistrubatle