Windows 10: How to persist proxy credentials in Edge Chromium, Google Chrome and Firefox

Discus and support How to persist proxy credentials in Edge Chromium, Google Chrome and Firefox in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, Sometimes, at work, I need to configure proxy in IE to access network and Internet. However, only IE is able to persist credentials and in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/misidoro, Jan 18, 2020.

1. How to persist proxy credentials in Edge Chromium, Google Chrome and Firefox

Hello,

Sometimes, at work, I need to configure proxy in IE to access network and Internet.

However, only IE is able to persist credentials and in other browsers, credentials are asked whenever I open the browser or try to access a web page in the Internet.

How can I persist proxy credentials in Edge Chromium, Google Chrome and Firefox to have the same behavior as IE?

Ideally, I would like not to have to store credentials in the browser itself but use the ones in Windows Credential Manager just like IE and old Edge do.

Is this possible?

Thanks

submitted by /u/misidoro
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/misidoro, Jan 18, 2020

2. Uninstall Chromium on Windows 10

I have Windows 10 home, tried your instructions and they Didn't work. Chromium isn't listed in add and remove programs. Searched all files and folders and it came up with nothing. I had short cut listed in my start menu, if clicked on it opened Google
    chrome! I went to task manager where Chromium was listed, and right clicked on it and brought up, open file location. It found the file, it had Chromium and its other file contents. I clicked on delete Chromium and I deleted all the other contents of the
    file. Clicked on the shortcut said the file was gone, deleted shortcut and now I guess its gone!

Googling Chromium says it isn't spyware or a virus just a version of google chrome. Open source code that was used to make Google Chrome. When I opened it, it went to Google. I appreciated your reply. Now I guess if I want to use it I'll just download
    Google Chrome. I already have Edge, IE11, And Firefox.

william3780, Jan 18, 2020
  3. Firefox or Chrome in Linux?

with colour management enabled, Chrome/Chromium is much slower than Firefox.

pr0n Inspector, Jan 18, 2020
  4. Vijay B Win User

How to persist proxy credentials in Edge Chromium, Google Chrome and Firefox

Google Chrome and Mozilla firefox do not open

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

1. Are you able to open all the other programs in Windows 10?

2. Did you install the latest version of Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox on your computer?

I would suggest you to install the latest Version of Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox and check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

How to persist proxy credentials in Edge Chromium, Google Chrome and Firefox

1. How to persist proxy credentials in Edge Chromium, Google Chrome and Firefox - Similar Threads - persist proxy credentials

2. Firefox and chrome are giving proxy issue. No issues in Edge. Using Windows 10 22h2. This...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firefox and chrome are giving proxy issue. No issues in Edge. Using Windows 10 22h2. This...: Firefox and chrome are giving proxy issue. No issues in Edge. Using Windows 10 21h2. This is happening with many users from our organization. One of the frequent error for Firefox is PR_END_OF_FILE_ERRORupgraded windows 10 to 22h2, no Proxy setup on machine. reinstalled all...
  3. Firefox and chrome are giving proxy issue. No issues in Edge. Using Windows 10 22h2. This...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Firefox and chrome are giving proxy issue. No issues in Edge. Using Windows 10 22h2. This...: Firefox and chrome are giving proxy issue. No issues in Edge. Using Windows 10 21h2. This is happening with many users from our organization. One of the frequent error for Firefox is PR_END_OF_FILE_ERRORupgraded windows 10 to 22h2, no Proxy setup on machine. reinstalled all...
  4. Firefox and chrome are giving proxy issue. No issues in Edge. Using Windows 10 22h2. This...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. New Chromium Edge and Google Sign In

in Browsers and Email
    New Chromium Edge and Google Sign In: Trying out the new Chromium Edge and it won't let me sign into anything google. Keeps coming up with the following error. I have checked all the settings and everything looks ok. Hope someone can help.Thanks in advance. [img] 149287
  6. Syncing Edge Chromium with Google account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Syncing Edge Chromium with Google account: Hello, How can I sync Edge Chromium with my Google account and automatically sync bookmarks and extensions? My goal is use browsers interchangeable with Google account synced and have bookmarks and extensions in sync in both browsers. Is this possible? I enabled external...
  7. Google Chrome vs Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome vs Firefox: I use to use Google Chrome but switched over to Firefox in the last year or two (since they re-vamped it) i didn't like the old Firefox but the new one is very nice...and i don't care much for Edge at all... After reading about Microsoft's plans to re-do Edge into a Chrome...
  8. The proxy server is refusing connections error in Firefox or Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    The proxy server is refusing connections error in Firefox or Chrome: [ATTACH] If you are using Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome browser in Windows, and receive an error message called The proxy server is refusing connections while opening a website, then this post will be able to help you. Although we have [...] This post The proxy server is...
  9. Using Google Chrome Extensions in firefox?

in Browsers and Email
    Using Google Chrome Extensions in firefox?: Firefox says they're working on webextension support for their addons, potentially letting users install google chrome extensions on firefox for cross-compatibility or something, which is why I would really like to use the improvedtube chrome extension in firefox (its stupid...
  10. Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome vs Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge vs Google Chrome vs Firefox: I have had problems with Edge opening my Facebook etc very slowly. I even downloaded Firefox to see if it was faster. I prefer Chrome. It is much faster than Edge or Firefox. However, there is something weird happening. When I start my computer and tell Cortana "Facebook log...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge chromium works with proxy but not google chrome

2. edge chromium proxy credentials