Windows 10: How to pin a tile in tablet mode ?

Discus and support How to pin a tile in tablet mode ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Good afternoon all, My new laptop double as a tablet. by swiveling the screen all the back back. Now that the weather is getting better I would like to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GeneralLee01, May 25, 2021.

1. How to pin a tile in tablet mode ?

Good afternoon all, My new laptop double as a tablet. by swiveling the screen all the back back. Now that the weather is getting better I would like to use my laptop as a tablet whil sipping coffee outside. All seems to work ok . . . BUT . . . . I have a basic issue that I can not figure out. In the attached screenshot you see my screen in desktop mode. There are no tiles at all and I seem unable (probably lack of knowledge on my side) to add any tiles to this screen. Hopefully there is a simple solution. Thanks in advance for your help.

:)

GeneralLee01, May 25, 2021

2. MS Office 2016 tiles in Win10 Home and Tablet Mode

It appears that you cannot change the label of the tiles in Win10 Home when in Tablet Mode.

This is major oversight on behalf of Microsoft.

Even Microsoft Office 2016 when you create a shortcut (tile) for Word, Excel, and Powerpoint in Tablet mode you cannot distinguish which program is

which from its label unless you actually hover over the tile.

Whether the tile is in medium or small mode each tile is labeled W-Microsoft .... then the program name.

But all you will see even in medium size is W-Microsoft.

Why is that ?

Even to create the tiles for these three program I had to go to the program exe and pin it to start.

Even in ALL Programs while in tablet mode one cannot pin MS Office to start.

MS Office Tools is listed but none of the programs are listed within Tools.

I can't see how Microsoft neglected showing their own program in Tablet Mode.

I am confused as are hundreds of others with the same questions and no answers.

FrederickMohrXJ, May 25, 2021
  3. Vinodh.V Win User
    Tablet Mode doesn't automatically turn on

Hi Roice,

We suggest you to follow the below steps to make the tablet mode permanent:

• Click start and select settings.
    • Select settings and then select tablet mode.
    • Now you have different options to choose from, please choose settings that suits you.
    Hope this information helps.

Vinodh.V, May 25, 2021
  4. How to pin a tile in tablet mode ?

pinned apps in the tablet mode disappeared

live tiles

Pinned apps on the tablet mode of my windows 10 disappeared completely after installing march 2017 updates and restarting Windows. Please what do I need to do to make my customized apps appear again on the tablet mode. Thanks

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Sylvester Asuenimen, May 25, 2021
Thema:

How to pin a tile in tablet mode ?

1. How to pin a tile in tablet mode ? - Similar Threads - pin tile tablet

2. How to deactivate tablet mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to deactivate tablet mode?: I have a computer that is capable of rotating flat to act as a tablet and during this the task bar gets larger and the keyboard deactivates. The computer has a lot of issues and for the past few days the task bar has been larger but the keyboard still worked. This morning the...
  3. How to deactivate tablet mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to deactivate tablet mode?: I have a computer that is capable of rotating flat to act as a tablet and during this the task bar gets larger and the keyboard deactivates. The computer has a lot of issues and for the past few days the task bar has been larger but the keyboard still worked. This morning the...
  4. tablet mode

tablet mode: I was playing genshin impact on my laptop and wanted to try it with tablet mode so I flipped the screen to turn on tablet mode the game was open so it adjusted to the screen vertically and when I switched back the game screen was stuck and don't know what to do but this is...
  5. Tablet Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tablet Mode: HP Stream Windows 10 home...tablet mode is on but isn't working. It worked when I first purchased the computer then just stopped. I'm afraid I hit a wrong setting...any advice??...
  6. tablet mode

tablet mode: I saw my brother use the tablet mode but he does not want to tell me how I put it, they could help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tablet-mode/417db7cb-1d88-41a7-bcf4-ac007ef5a73f
  7. Windows 10, Tablet Mode, Locking Tiles in chosen location?

Windows 10, Tablet Mode, Locking Tiles in chosen location?: I am using a Surface Pro. Windows 10. In tablet mode, I arrange the start tiles the way I prefer them. First column has 2 larger groups; the second column has 3 small groups. When I switch to laptop mode and back to tablet mode, the system rearranges the tiles. It moves...
  8. Windows 10 OS1809 Tiles disappeared in Tablet mode

Windows 10 OS1809 Tiles disappeared in Tablet mode: I current have a Surface GO since September. The issue has been there since the beginning and after this update it still remains, so I think it might be worth your attention to get it fixed. Scenario: When I close apps the system goes to start menu by default, then there's...
  9. Windows 10 OS1809 Tiles disappeared in Tablet mode

Windows 10 OS1809 Tiles disappeared in Tablet mode: I current have a Surface GO since September. The issue has been there since the beginning and after this update it still remains, so I think it might be worth your attention to get it fixed. Scenario: When I close apps the system goes to start menu by default, then there's...
  10. Tablet Mode

Tablet Mode: Tablet Mode doesn"t work Windows 10 64 bit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/tablet-mode/20aaec50-f38f-4066-a10f-8fa9bb6a02b7