Windows 10: How to Pin a website shortcut to Windows 10 Start Menu using Chrome, Edge, Firefox or Opera

Discus and support How to Pin a website shortcut to Windows 10 Start Menu using Chrome, Edge, Firefox or Opera in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; In this post, we will show you how to pin a shortcut of your favorite website to the Start Menu in Windows 10, using Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Opera or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 25, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to Pin a website shortcut to Windows 10 Start Menu using Chrome, Edge, Firefox or Opera

In this post, we will show you how to pin a shortcut of your favorite website to the Start Menu in Windows 10, using Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Opera or Internet Explorer browsers. We have already seen how to Pin a File or Folder to Start Menu, now let us see how to do this.

Pin website shortcut to Start Menu using Edge browser

How to Pin a website shortcut to Windows 10 Start Menu using Chrome, Edge, Firefox or Opera [​IMG]

1. Launch Microsoft Edge browser
    2. Press Alt+F
    3. Click on More Tools
    4. Select Pin to Start
    5. Open Start and you will see the pinned website favicon.

Edge makes it very easy to pin the shortcut.

Pin a website shortcut to Windows 10 Start Menu using Chrome

How to Pin a website shortcut to Windows 10 Start Menu using Chrome, Edge, Firefox or Opera [​IMG]

1. Launch Google Chrome browser
    2. Click open the 3-dotted Settings link
    3. Select More tools
    4. Click Create shortcut
    5. In the pop-up box that appears, select Create
    6. A desktop shortcut will be created

Once this is created, cut and paste the shortcut in the following hidden folder:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

Now open Start > All apps, and locate the shortcut you placed.

Right-click on it and select Pin to Start.

Pin a website shortcut to Start Menu using Firefox or Opera

The following method will work for all web browsers including Firefox and Opera.

Open the website in your favorite browser, and drag and drop its favicon to the desktop.

Then place it in the following hidden folder:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

To quickly access this folder open Run and type shellHow to Pin a website shortcut to Windows 10 Start Menu using Chrome, Edge, Firefox or Opera :programs and hit Enter.

Now open Start > All apps, and locate the shortcut you placed.

Right-click on it and select Pin to Start.

Pin a website shortcut to Start using IE

Open the desktop version on Internet Explorer and press Alt+T to open Tools. Select Add site to Apps.

Now open your Start Screen and go to the All Apps view by clicking on the “down” arrow at the bottom left side of the start screen. You will see your website app created.

Right-click the website icon and from the bottom menu, select Pin to Start. Else drag-and-drop it on to the Start Menu.

You will now see the website tile pinned to your Windows 10 Start Menu.

That’s it!

This article How to Pin a website shortcut to Windows 10 Start Menu using Chrome, Edge, Firefox or Opera first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 25, 2021
  2. tcman50 Win User

How to create shortcuts for start menu?

thanks for the info but I am not trying to shortcut files to open in Opera, I am trying to shortcut websites to open in Opera.

websites can easily be pinned to start menu via a supplied option in the Edge browser, how do I pin websites to the start menu via Opera or any other browser?, just not seeing it.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

TC

tcman50, Apr 25, 2021
  3. tcman50 Win User
    How to create shortcuts for start menu?

I am at my wits end with this issue:

I started to populate my start menu with shortcuts (tiles) for things like google finance, flagler live news, etc..all websites by hitting "pin to start" in the new edge browser.

I have now made Opera my default browser, so now I want to have these same shortcuts (tiles) in my start menu but to open with my Opera browser.

I open Opera, go to the site in question and make a shortcut of it to the desktop, I then go to drag it to the start pin and which time it says "pin to start" but it will never pin a opera shortcut to the start menu.

I read somewhere that one can only pin .exe files to the start menu but sites "pinned to start" through the Edge browser are not .exe files, so how come the start menu will except "pin to start" from Edge shortcuts but not from any other browser?

Any help would be appreciated, this is a potential deal breaker for me given that the Edge browser is so unfinshed at the moment.

TC

tcman50, Apr 25, 2021
  4. rivre Win User

How to Pin a website shortcut to Windows 10 Start Menu using Chrome, Edge, Firefox or Opera

Creating shortcuts for Edge and Opera

I'm guessing there's no way to start Edge or Opera in private mode direct from a shortcut? With Chrome and Firefox you just add an extra command in the shortcut (like --incognito for Chrome), and then when you click the shortcut it opens the browser in private mode.

rivre, Apr 25, 2021
Thema:

1. How to Pin a website shortcut to Windows 10 Start Menu using Chrome, Edge, Firefox or Opera - Similar Threads - Pin website shortcut

2. Win 10 - Chrome sluggish at boot time while Edge, Firefox, Opera, all start normally?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 - Chrome sluggish at boot time while Edge, Firefox, Opera, all start normally?: I boot the win 10 pc, some programs start okay, I click on Google Chrome and it takes ages Firefox and Opera for example start straight away, even Edge? Anti-virus comes back with nothing found, defrag not needed because it's SSD etc....
  3. Your connection is not private opera chrome edge firefox fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your connection is not private opera chrome edge firefox fix: I get "your connection is not private" error on most web browsers like opera, chrome, edge. Some websites are still accessible but others are not.In Google Chrome and Opera show as: "Your connection is not private"Attackers might be trying to steal your information from...
  4. Your connection is not private opera chrome edge firefox fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your connection is not private opera chrome edge firefox fix: I get "your connection is not private" error on most web browsers like opera, chrome, edge. Some websites are still accessible but others are not.In Google Chrome and Opera show as: "Your connection is not private"Attackers might be trying to steal your information from...
  5. Pin website shortcuts to Taskbar & Start Menu using Chrome, Edge, Firefox in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Pin website shortcuts to Taskbar & Start Menu using Chrome, Edge, Firefox in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Chrome, Edge, and Firefox have a feature, and that is, they let you pin the shortcuts to your favorite websites easily to your Windows Taskbar or Start Menu. Whether you are using Windows 11 or Windows 10, or any other version, you can use the following method to pin...
  6. How to update Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Opera browser on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to update Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Opera browser on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Good secure, updated Browsers are the key to remaining safe online when browsing the web. While most modern browsers are set to update automatically, today in this post, we will see how you can manually update Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and [...] This post How...
  7. Firefox "blocked by administrator; Edge, Chrome, Opera, IE not blocked

in Windows 10 Customization
    Firefox "blocked by administrator; Edge, Chrome, Opera, IE not blocked: I run W10 (upgrade from 8.0) on a Lenovo G700 laptop. This morning, I reinstalled Firefox, but I get a "blocked by administrator" message. Chrome, Opera, Edge and IE all work normally. I can bring Firefox up with "Run as Administrator," but that won't work when I click on a...
  8. Some videos not opening In Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Some videos not opening In Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and Edge: This may not be a Windows 10 problem. I thought some of you might be able to help me get this problem solved. A few Youtube videos, some videos on contest sites I visit, and one on Woodsmith Shops. Most comments that I have gotten asking on another computer help site,...
  9. Creating shortcuts for Edge and Opera

in Browsers and Email
    Creating shortcuts for Edge and Opera: I'm trying to create some shortcuts to my browsers on my new Windows 10 64bit PC, but I'm stuck on a couple issues: - How can I create a private browsing shortcut for Opera? It's easy to do this for Firefox and Chrome - but I can't figure out how to do it for Opera. -...
  10. Firefox API to Support Chrome, Opera

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox API to Support Chrome, Opera: [img] Mozilla announced the plans on their blog: We are announcing some major upcoming changes to Firefox add-ons. Our add-on ecosystem has evolved through incremental, organic growth over the years, but there are some modernizations to Firefox that require some...