Windows 10: How to pin Action Center as a Sidebar in Windows 10

Discus and support How to pin Action Center as a Sidebar in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]The Action Center is a notification center where you can view, interact with, and dismiss all Windows 10 notifications. The Action Center lists... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 3, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to pin Action Center as a Sidebar in Windows 10

WinClub, Apr 3, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Disable Action Center in Windows 7?

Unfortunately that doesn't disable Action Center, all it does it cause Acution Center to bitch about the Security Center service not running.

Action Center seems to be a different beast from Security Center...

And telling it to not display any messages gets it out of the way, the same way disabling the icon in the suggestions above does, but Action Center is still enabled and running.

newtekie1, Apr 3, 2020
  3. Stop action center notifications in Windows 10

Hi Emily,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• Do you want to stop notifications only from Defender or stop all action center notifications?
    To stop action center notifications, I suggest you to follow the steps given below:

• Type settings in search bar and hit
      enter.

• Go to system.

• Select notifications and actions.

• Click on turn system icons on or off.

• Turn off action center.

Reference: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-notification-settings-in-action-center

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Apr 3, 2020
  4. otium Win User

Add or Remove Quick Actions in Action Center in Windows 10

Hi,

I wonder if there is a way to turn on/off certain Quick Actions icons in the Action Center via the registry, instead of doing it manually as described above.

Before asking here I've wandered through some posts and searched the internet. I've noticed these keys:

1/

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ActionCenter\Quick Actions\

Here's a list of names of all the Quick Actions.

2/

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ActionCenter\Quick Actions\UnpinnedByDefault

Here's a list of names of Quick Actions that should be Unpinned by default. If I add some here (based on the names in the list described above) and reboot it doesn't seem to work.

3/

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\ActionCenter\Quick Actions

The value PinnedQuickActionSlotCount here is set at 4, which is the amount of Quick Actions seen by default without expanding the view in the Action Center. I don't need to change this one so I haven't tried it.

4/

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Quick Actions\Pinned

There seems to be a numbered list here of Pinned Quick Actions. The names are the same as in the list I mentioned in (1/). However if I remove some values here it also doesn't have effect (even after a reboot).

----

Conclusion: I haven't found a thing that actually worked. Did anyone figure this out already?

Thanks,

otium, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

1. How to pin Action Center as a Sidebar in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - pin Action Center

2. Action Center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Action Center: In Action Center, it says Windows Defender, needs to scan my computer, but it won't scan. I can not even find it listed in my Uninstall List. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center/d97c18d1-e9af-41b4-931c-117f709f1f83
  3. Action Center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Action Center: Windows Defender, in Action Center, will not scan. I can not find it listed in my Uninstall programs. Anyway to fix it, to scan, or how can I uninstall it? Thanks for any help....
  4. How to reset Quick Actions in Action Center in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to reset Quick Actions in Action Center in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you want to get quick access to commonly used apps and settings in […] This article How to reset Quick Actions in Action Center in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. Action Center

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Action Center: Hi. I want Action Center to show more than 20 notifications. Any idea on how to achieve that? Thanks in advance. submitted by /u/fromaoo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gp87pe/action_center/
  6. How to remove action center in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove action center in windows 10: When I go into system settings then notifications and actions, there is nothing on that page about removing action center. Only open action center is there! All my internet searches about doing this tell me that this is where I do it, but there is nothing there!...
  7. action center

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    action center: What do I do? It shows that I have a notification but when I click into it blank How do I fix this ? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center/b74e9a83-d6ae-404c-96ad-cb89e2845df5"
  8. action center

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    action center: The action center icon indicates 'actions recommended' but when I open the security center I have green checks next to all categories with the notation 'no actions needed' but the icon says I have a problem and won't go away....
  9. Action Center

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center: How to remove those annoying "back up files" notifications in action center when I already use an external drive 22593
  10. Rearrange Action Center Quick Actions in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Rearrange Action Center Quick Actions in Windows 10: How to: Rearrange Action Center Quick Actions in Windows 10 How to Rearrange Action Center Quick Actions in Windows 10 The Action Center has personalized quick actions at the bottom to be able to easily toggle on/off or open items such as Airplane mode, All settings,...