Windows 10: How to Pin any App or Game to Taskbar using Microsoft Store in Windows 11

Discus and support How to Pin any App or Game to Taskbar using Microsoft Store in Windows 11 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If you want to pin multiple apps or games to Taskbar using Microsoft Store, here is how you can do that. It is possible to pin any Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Oct 17, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to Pin any App or Game to Taskbar using Microsoft Store in Windows 11

WinClub, Oct 17, 2021

2. MS Store Games

Hi Gene,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query.

When you download a Game or an App from Windows Store, the location where the files and folders related to the Game or an App will be located in
    WindowsApps folder at Program Files which can be accessed from C: drive.

Step 1: You can search the Game or an App you downloaded using
    Cortana by following the steps below:

• Click on Start key on the Keyboard and type the game name in the search box. The downloaded game will show in the top most search result.
    • Click on the game and check if you can access the game.

Step 2: To pin the game on the taskbar, follow the steps below:

• Search for the game using Cortana by following the steps above.
    • Right click on the game and select Pin to Taskbar option.
    • Close the window and check if the game is pinned to taskbar.

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 17, 2021
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store | Windows Central

P4-630, Oct 17, 2021
  4. How to Pin any App or Game to Taskbar using Microsoft Store in Windows 11

Unable to download app from Microsoft Store

It seems that this is a Chrome issue. Have you tried resetting Chrome?

On the other hand, we suggest that you open Microsoft Store app instead of opening Store through Chrome. The following are steps on how to open Microsoft Store on Windows 10:

• To open Microsoft Store on Windows 10, select the Microsoft Store icon on the taskbar.
    • If you don't see the Microsoft Store icon on the taskbar, it might have been unpinned. To pin it, select the Start button, type
      Microsoft Store, press and hold (or right-click) Microsoft Store, then choose More > Pin
      to taskbar
    • If Microsoft Store won't launch, get more info at Microsoft Store does
      not launch

Regards.

JohnMel And, Oct 17, 2021
Thema:

How to Pin any App or Game to Taskbar using Microsoft Store in Windows 11

1. How to Pin any App or Game to Taskbar using Microsoft Store in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Pin App Game

2. Unable to launch any Xbox app game or Microsoft Store app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to launch any Xbox app game or Microsoft Store app.: I've had this problem for days. When I try to launch a game on the Xbox app, I get an error message saying that the game cannot be launched, with the error code "0x80070005". The problem associated to this error code on Xbox's website relates to Xbox One, which I do not own....
  3. Unable to launch any Xbox app game or Microsoft Store app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to launch any Xbox app game or Microsoft Store app.: I've had this problem for days. When I try to launch a game on the Xbox app, I get an error message saying that the game cannot be launched, with the error code "0x80070005". The problem associated to this error code on Xbox's website relates to Xbox One, which I do not own....
  4. Can't install any apps/games on the Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't install any apps/games on the Microsoft Store: I was just trying to install Minecraft for Windows on the Microsoft Store, but whenever I click on an app/game it just shows this.I've tried everything to trying to enable the Windows Update service in services.msc, but whenever I try to set it to "Manual" so I can start it...
  5. Can't install any apps/games on the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install any apps/games on the Microsoft Store: I was just trying to install Minecraft for Windows on the Microsoft Store, but whenever I click on an app/game it just shows this.I've tried everything to trying to enable the Windows Update service in services.msc, but whenever I try to set it to "Manual" so I can start it...
  6. Can't install any apps/games on the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to pin any app to the Taskbar in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to pin any app to the Taskbar in Windows 11: [ATTACH]Although Windows 11 blocks you from pinning any app to the taskbar by dragging, you can bypass that restriction using this tutorial. Here is how you can pin any app to the taskbar in Windows 11. Two methods are mentioned below, and you can use either of them according...
  8. Chrome Apps and Windows Store App Taskbar Pin Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chrome Apps and Windows Store App Taskbar Pin Issue: Windows apps and Chrome Apps pinning interfere with each other. How to recreate:Create a Chrome App from messenger.com. Pin it to the taskbar.Install Windows store Messenger app. Pin it to the taskbar.Now delete Chrome messenger.com pinWindows store Messenger app pin no...
  9. Microsoft Store apps pinned to taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Store apps pinned to taskbar: How can I pin a store app to the taskbar with a custom icon? I have a very minimalistic theme that I like to use for the taskbar. I customize all the shortcuts I pin to the taskbar but when I try to pin a shortcut to a store app it reverts back to its default icon. No other...
  10. Any way to backup Microsoft Store apps and games?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Any way to backup Microsoft Store apps and games?: Forza Horizon 4 took ages to download, and my connection is TERRIBLE (like 3 mb/s terrible) and our monthly data cap isn't very high as it is, so I'd either have to back this game up somehow, or just not redownload it again any time soon. Anyway, is it possible to backup...