Windows 10: How to pin data usage stat to start menu (fresh install)

Discus and support How to pin data usage stat to start menu (fresh install) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So it seems with a fresh install of windows "data usage" is no longer its own "setting/category" under "Network & Internet." As a result, I haven't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Pollytechnics, Apr 12, 2021.

1. How to pin data usage stat to start menu (fresh install)

So it seems with a fresh install of windows "data usage" is no longer its own "setting/category" under "Network & Internet."

As a result, I haven't found a way to pin it to start as it only shows up under the connection type (ie ethernet) and doesn't give you a pin option if right clicked.

Anyone know a workaround/solution?

submitted by /u/Pollytechnics
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Pollytechnics, Apr 12, 2021

2. How to pin shortcut to start menu.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you would like to know how to pin short cut to start menu.

I would suggest you to refer to the article given below if you are using Windows 7.

Pin a program to the Start menu

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

And if you are using Windows 10 then I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

Pin apps to Start

Pin the apps you use most often to the Start menu. Here's how:

• Go to Start > All Apps.
    • Press and hold (or right-click) an app.
    • Select Pin to Start.

Hope this helps. Please let us know the results. We will be happy to assist you further.

Mayank Gupta10, Apr 12, 2021
  3. akzak Win User
    Usage Stats

Where can I find my usage stats?

- call time

- # of SMS

- data sent/received

akzak, Apr 12, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

How to pin data usage stat to start menu (fresh install)

Where do you find the list of items pinned to the start menu?

A reasonable 'guess' following a couple of simple experiments suggests the registry:

How to pin data usage stat to start menu (fresh install) [​IMG]

- note the name there.

- unless the data is held where access is restricted e.g. the WindowsApps folder.

dalchina, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

How to pin data usage stat to start menu (fresh install)

1. How to pin data usage stat to start menu (fresh install) - Similar Threads - pin data usage

2. Windows 11 - network data usage stats - usage stats all consolidated under system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - network data usage stats - usage stats all consolidated under system: Hello everyone, I have noticed issue with network data usage not being helpful at all. I run a variety of application on my computer and use edge as my default browser but when I go under my usage stats tab, everything is labeled as system usage rather than being properly...
  3. Windows 11 - network data usage stats - usage stats all consolidated under system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - network data usage stats - usage stats all consolidated under system: Hello everyone, I have noticed issue with network data usage not being helpful at all. I run a variety of application on my computer and use edge as my default browser but when I go under my usage stats tab, everything is labeled as system usage rather than being properly...
  4. Clear network usage stats

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Clear network usage stats: helloi want to know how to clear windows 10 network usage stats as there's no optionhope fully someone helps theres no option as clear usage stats as shown in other sites.do i need to reset the network settings pr cleaar something from the event viewer/ registry?also is there...
  5. data usage stats error

in Windows 10 Customization
    data usage stats error: i just rested my PC using windows media creation tool and everything is fine except the data usage meter which is stuck at 0 mb no matter how much i use it also PC consumes a lot more internet from what used to the gap is exponential...
  6. Grey tiles in start menu on fresh install.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Grey tiles in start menu on fresh install.: [ATTACH] Hi, i installed windows 10 two days ago, and I ran into a strange behaviour. The default apps + home logo are grey out instead of having a blue background in the start menu. I tried reinstalling, updating but nothing helped :/ Can you guys help me? Here's a...
  7. How to pin calendar to start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to pin calendar to start menu: I want to pin calendar to the Start Menu. I use Office 2019 on my Windows 10 computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-pin-calendar-to-start-menu/4b5397ed-9095-4a0e-b9cf-db7fbcdaf4f5
  8. Browser Usage Stats - IE Gains

in Browsers and Email
    Browser Usage Stats - IE Gains: Excerpt from article. Meanwhile, guess which browser is up substantially among Windows 10 users over the same period? Chrome usage remained steady, at just a fraction over 56 percent. Firefox usage fell dramatically, from 11 percent to 9 percent. The big winner...
  9. How to pin app in start menu ??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to pin app in start menu ??: How to pin app in start menu ? ? I mean I dont want to pin app in start. I want to pin app in start menu like windows 7. Is it possible ? ? I search in setting but i cant fnd any option. Is thr any 3rd party software to do this ? ? 82320
  10. Start up menu problems aftter fresh install

in Windows 10 Support
    Start up menu problems aftter fresh install: I recently completed a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro. I had a windows update problem, most specifically with Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3185611) - Error 0x80004005. I eventually was able to download it form Windows Catalog, and install...