Windows 10: How to pin File Explorer to Most Used list or Live Tile

Discus and support How to pin File Explorer to Most Used list or Live Tile in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I've searched here, been all over tutorials, and even on the web only found outdated non-working solutions to add a quick way to get File Explorer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mustachio, May 2, 2019.

1. Mustachio Win User

How to pin File Explorer to Most Used list or Live Tile

So I've searched here, been all over tutorials, and even on the web only found outdated non-working solutions to add a quick way to get File Explorer. Very simple question. One webpage said you cannot add it to Most Used list. Another goes into downloading a simplified UWP App.

Hoping someone can help me add it to either.

Thanks,

Mac

:)

Mustachio, May 2, 2019

2. How to pin a folder to the pinned File Explorer's frequent list?

How to pin a folder to the pinned File Explorer's frequent list?

DebroopGoswami, May 2, 2019
  3. Tony K Win User
    Pin or Unpin Items on Jump Lists in Windows 10

Hi, Shawn. Been learning a few things. A solution to my "Pin file to" in File Explorer context menu problem. Not sure to call these jump lists or context menus. You may want to add this to your tutorial here, for it deals with the Office apps Start tiles' jump lists/context menus. Right click on an Office app tile and pin a recently opened file to the jump list/context menu.

Here's the Word tile list/menu. This works in Publisher, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access.

Attachment 136132

Anther handy quick list in Office Outlook.

Attachment 136134

Even the Paint tile has a Recent list to pin a file to a jump list. I'd imagine any "creative" app will have the same.

If you don't want to add here, I can make a tute on the subject, that's if there is not one already.

Tony K, May 2, 2019
  4. How to pin File Explorer to Most Used list or Live Tile

Can i separate quick access from explore list to taskbar pinned list?

it's really getting annoying that i can't see any of the recent used files list as i have too many pinned list,
    can i have a separate list for task bar pinned list and quick access list in explorer?

RohithKumarSp, May 2, 2019
Thema:

How to pin File Explorer to Most Used list or Live Tile

1. How to pin File Explorer to Most Used list or Live Tile - Similar Threads - pin File Explorer

2. Live tiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Live tiles: I have two questions. First why can you no longer pin tiles to start in Windows 10? You are only allowed to pin them to the Taskbar which does nothing to make the live tile start page in tablet mode work. Second why do the live tiles already on the start page now open as apps...
  3. Live tiles

Live tiles: What does the Movies and TV live tile actually do? It's just sitting there doing nothing even after I've added my videos. I even tried resizing it lmao https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-tiles/1b2082a0-7a16-47ea-9685-ff3fc6ef2506
  4. Live Tiles

Live Tiles: Live tiles don't work when the screen set on a custom scale. Like 110%. Actually they work if the tile's size is medium, but if it is different than the medium it doesn't. Does anyone know how to fix it?...
  5. Live Tiles

Live Tiles: Advice please ! It is better to have the live tiles in Windows 10 turned off for better performance ? What tiles if any should be turned on and why ? I seem to think my laptop boots up quicker with most of my live tiles turned off ! Brian...
  6. live tiles

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    live tiles: Hi, How can I revert to the old MS Store tile, please? The new one is an eyesore to say the least... Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-tiles/bd2ed418-704b-4536-a850-9bfa42c24246"
  7. Live Tiles

Live Tiles: Sine the October update my live tiles have disappeared and the only ones present are the Windows default tiles. When I add my tiles and remove the ones I don't need and restart the default tiles return and mine disappear again. Also cannot connect to Microsoft store to try...
  8. Live Tiles

Live Tiles: Sine the October update my live tiles have disappeared and the only ones present are the Windows default tiles. When I add my tiles and remove the ones I don't need and restart the default tiles return and mine disappear again. Also cannot connect to Microsoft store to try...
  9. Live Tiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Live Tiles: Just upgraded to windows 10 and the live tiles do not work any ideas what to do? 9255
  10. Live tiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Live tiles: Just curious. If I open my start menu the live tiles like store, weather and news do their thing. Cycling through. But after a a while they stop updating and show a static picture or piece of info. Is that how it should be? I would prefer they were on a repeatable loop. Is...