Windows 10: How to pin icons to desktop Win 11?

Discus and support How to pin icons to desktop Win 11? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How to pin icons to desktop screen?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Keith C1, Feb 6, 2023.

1. Keith C1 Win User

How to pin icons to desktop Win 11?

How to pin icons to desktop screen?

:)

Keith C1, Feb 6, 2023
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

Problem with desktop icons

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue could be caused if the Desktop Icons are hidden.

1. May I know, if you are aware of any recent changes made to the system after which you are facing this issue?
    2. Which version and edition of Windows is installed on the computer?

I suggest you go through this articleShow, hide, or
    resize desktop icons
    follow the steps, if the icons are hidden, you should get it back.

If you want to pin any icon to desktop you can check

Pin apps and folders to the desktop or taskbar
    and you can easily access them from the desktop screen.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Feb 6, 2023
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Feb 6, 2023
  4. MCK
    mck Win User

Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    1. Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    2. I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    3. Click OK
    4. Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thema:

1. How to pin icons to desktop Win 11? - Similar Threads - pin icons desktop

2. can´t configure size of desktop icons on Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can´t configure size of desktop icons on Win 11: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\1[ regedit started as admin ]Usually on previous Windows versions I was used to configure the desktop icons size by editing on Dword screen the decimal value. Now on Windows 11 I can´t do it , it simply won´t work....
  3. Win 10-11 PC Desktop Shortcut Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10-11 PC Desktop Shortcut Icons: I know how to adjust the height and width of a desktop icon in the registry.I know how to adjust the size of the desktop iconsWhat I need to know is how to put the text for each desktop icon shortcut to the right of the icon instead of underneath it so that it appears and...
  4. Win 10-11 PC Desktop Shortcut Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10-11 PC Desktop Shortcut Icons: I know how to adjust the height and width of a desktop icon in the registry.I know how to adjust the size of the desktop iconsWhat I need to know is how to put the text for each desktop icon shortcut to the right of the icon instead of underneath it so that it appears and...
  5. Win 10-11 PC Desktop Shortcut Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. How to pin icons to desktop Win 11?

How to pin icons to desktop Win 11?: How to pin icons to desktop screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-pin-icons-to-desktop-win-11/0fa7ceb0-0c1b-4d30-b89a-4c3d83009f0a
  7. HOME ICON APPEARS ON DESKTOP IN WIN 11 22H2 VERSION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOME ICON APPEARS ON DESKTOP IN WIN 11 22H2 VERSION: Hello, I've recently upgraded my desktop system to Win 11 version 22H2 with a fresh install. I've copied a folder on the desktop from another internal HDD. After sometime I deleted the folder. However an icon named as "Home" appeared suddenly on the desktop. It is not a...
  8. HOME ICON APPEARS ON DESKTOP IN WIN 11 22H2 VERSION

HOME ICON APPEARS ON DESKTOP IN WIN 11 22H2 VERSION: Hello, I've recently upgraded my desktop system to Win 11 version 22H2 with a fresh install. I've copied a folder on the desktop from another internal HDD. After sometime I deleted the folder. However an icon named as "Home" appeared suddenly on the desktop. It is not a...
  9. How to place an icon on desktop in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to place an icon on desktop in Windows 11: Want to be able to go directly to that site.I use the Chrome Browser. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-place-an-icon-on-desktop-in-windows-11/79ae5e41-fcbc-45d3-91af-a842eddcc1ea
  10. Desktop icons in win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons in win 10: Hello community. Wondering why half of my desktop icons have the new " Edge " green & blue swirl in place of the programs icon? Also how can I change them? Thanks for any help, Dave 150973