Windows 10: How to Pin or Unpin Icons to Taskbar or Start Menu in Windows 11

Discus and support How to Pin or Unpin Icons to Taskbar or Start Menu in Windows 11 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If you want to pin or unpin icons to the Taskbar or Start Menu in Windows 11, here is how you can do that. It is possible to pin any app to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Oct 3, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to Pin or Unpin Icons to Taskbar or Start Menu in Windows 11

WinClub, Oct 3, 2021
  2. ArtP Win User

'Pin to Start' and 'Unpin from Start" items in Windows 10

Thanks Cliff. The first suggestion didn't work because the shortcut icon is not listed. The second easier suggestion didn't work because right-clicking does not include "Open File Location" as an option, only "Unpin from Start" and "Resize". Screenshots are included. "xmltobgl" is the culprit icon.

How to Pin or Unpin Icons to Taskbar or Start Menu in Windows 11 [​IMG]

How to Pin or Unpin Icons to Taskbar or Start Menu in Windows 11 [​IMG]

ArtP, Oct 3, 2021
  3. mgreen10 Win User
    Cannot unpin an Excel file from the Taskbar

Long ago I pinned an Excel file to the Windows 10 taskbar. This means that if I right click on the Excel icon, which is also pinned to the taskbar, a pop-up list of file names appears with the pinned file at the top.

The pinned file has an "Unpin from this list" icon beside it. If I click on the unpin icon, nothing happens. I tried pinning another Excel file to the taskbar and was able to unpin it. The problem seems to affect only this one file, pinned long ago.

I have Googled and tried many posts for removing a pinned item (file, not an app) from the taskbar. None of them have worked.

How can I unpin this Excel file?

Thanks!

mgreen10, Oct 3, 2021
  4. How to Pin or Unpin Icons to Taskbar or Start Menu in Windows 11

Taskbar icons have changed - why? How do I fix them?

Hi Macabre,

Thank you for being part of the Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I suggest you to Unpin and Repin the apps to the Taskbar.

Follow the below steps to Unpin and Repin the apps:

• Right click on the app form the Taskbar and select Unpin this program from the taskbar
      option.
    • Click on the Start icon.
    • Right click on the app which you want to pin to the Taskbar and select
      Pin to Taskbar
      option.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Oct 3, 2021
Thema:

How to Pin or Unpin Icons to Taskbar or Start Menu in Windows 11

1. How to Pin or Unpin Icons to Taskbar or Start Menu in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Pin Unpin Icons

2. Pinned and unpinned items in Windows 11 quick access menu have the same pinned icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinned and unpinned items in Windows 11 quick access menu have the same pinned icon: Hi! i recently noticed that both pinned and unpinned items in the quick access menu have the same pinned icon.https://imgur.com/a/mgT4Wo5Heres the picture of the pinned itemhttps://imgur.com/a/G2Ee88iAnd heres the picture of the unpinned item that for some reason has the pin...
  3. Pinned and unpinned items in Windows 11 quick access menu have the same pinned icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pinned and unpinned items in Windows 11 quick access menu have the same pinned icon: Hi! i recently noticed that both pinned and unpinned items in the quick access menu have the same pinned icon.https://imgur.com/a/mgT4Wo5Heres the picture of the pinned itemhttps://imgur.com/a/G2Ee88iAnd heres the picture of the unpinned item that for some reason has the pin...
  4. How to pin or unpin Your Phone apps to Start and Taskbar in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to pin or unpin Your Phone apps to Start and Taskbar in Windows 11: [ATTACH]If you want to pin or unpin Your Phone apps to Start Menu or Taskbar, this guide will help you go through the process. You can pin any of your mobile apps to the Start menu and Taskbar in Windows 11 and use them when your phone is connected to your PC. The Your Phone...
  5. unpin start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    unpin start menu: i tried to reinstall my browser (firefox) so i uninstalled it but i can't unpin the shortcut i have in my start menu what's the solution? https://i.postimg.cc/5jc0DFvM/2.png forgot to add that when i click on it, nothing happens submitted by /u/djindjer [link]...
  6. Pin or Unpin Program icons from Taskbar or Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Pin or Unpin Program icons from Taskbar or Start Menu in Windows 10: [ATTACH]When you install an application on your Windows computer, the program’s executable file goes […] This article Pin or Unpin Program icons from Taskbar or Start Menu in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Cannot Pin or Unpin Apps in Windows 10 Start Menu.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Pin or Unpin Apps in Windows 10 Start Menu.: Windows 10 Start Menu is Locked. Cannot Pin or Unpin Apps in Windows 10 Start Menu. I have also tried this command in Powershell - Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"} But my...
  8. Can't unpin/pin items in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't unpin/pin items in start menu: Hi, I've been using windows 10 for some time and I didn't have any problems until now, idk when the problem appeared or what caused it. I wanted to uninstall a program that I wasn't using, and it was pinned to my start menu tile, and I wanted to put something in that...
  9. Start menu problem "pin and unpin to start"

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu problem "pin and unpin to start": Hi guys I work on win 10 pin to start & unpin to start was working normally and a few days ago i found that it's not exist anymore and when i perform a right click on a free space in start menu there's nothing happens [img] [img] [img] [img] 49409
  10. Unable to pin/unpin for start menu OR customize!

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to pin/unpin for start menu OR customize!: just done a fresh install of windows and i literately cant do anything that relates to pinning or tweaking the start menu. i was reading that there is a way to fix this via tiledatalayer ??? and followed some examples however there was no tiledatalayer folder present in...