Windows 10: How to Pin Settings Menus/Sub-Menus to Start or Task Bar ?

Discus and support How to Pin Settings Menus/Sub-Menus to Start or Task Bar ? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm beginning to get into content creation and streaming, so I've been diving into thing like A/V capture and configuration. Had not realized Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Omnitus, May 22, 2020.

1. Omnitus Win User

How to Pin Settings Menus/Sub-Menus to Start or Task Bar ?

I'm beginning to get into content creation and streaming, so I've been diving into thing like A/V capture and configuration. Had not realized Windows has finally gotten the point of being able to route specific apps audio to various different hardware and virtual interfaces. THANKS! I'm not sure when this actually showed up in windows but I've been wanting it for years! The only trouble now is that I find it just a touch annoying that I have to drill all the way down to Start >> Settings >> System >> Sound >> App volume and device preferences before I can swap things around. Is there any way to Pin a specific sub-menu like that to either start or even to the taskbar ?

I realize this specific use case is probably not a super common one, but it would be really nice to be able to Pin ANY arbitrary settings menu to Start or Taskbar, not just the app sound menu. It used to be and still is totally possible to do something like this by creating shortcuts to cpl files for various menus and utilities, but I at least haven't been able to get at anything in the new Windows 10 style 'Settings' accessible through the cog wheel icon in start using such a method.

Anyone know how to do it ?

I'll definitely take a reg hack if that's what's needed, but I'd love it if MS would simple make all those things pinnable for quick access...

:)

Omnitus, May 22, 2020
  2. Lpb908 Win User

Bottom task bar and start menu

Windows 10 updated this morning now my bottom task bar has lost all the items previously pinned and will not even display time in right corner. Start menu does not work either can get basic commands by right clicking on start menu but that is all. Restarting
    did not help. Any suggestions?

Lpb908, May 22, 2020
  3. Task Bar and Start Menu Problems

Hi Redical,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that Start menu and task bar is not functioning as it should, and we are sorry for the inconvenience.

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

Please refer to the thread answered by Mr. Sharath Srinivasa and follow the steps to resolve the Start Menu issue.

Start menu doesn’t appear

You may also refer to the thread answered by Mr. RavinLad and follow the steps and check if it helps:

Windows 10 10130: Start menu, task bar and settings not working

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 22, 2020
  4. How to Pin Settings Menus/Sub-Menus to Start or Task Bar ?

How to pin shortcut to start menu.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you would like to know how to pin short cut to start menu.

I would suggest you to refer to the article given below if you are using Windows 7.

Pin a program to the Start menu

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Pin-a-program-to-the-Start-menu

And if you are using Windows 10 then I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

Pin apps to Start

Pin the apps you use most often to the Start menu. Here's how:

• Go to Start > All Apps.
    • Press and hold (or right-click) an app.
    • Select Pin to Start.

Hope this helps. Please let us know the results. We will be happy to assist you further.

Mayank Gupta10, May 22, 2020
Thema:

How to Pin Settings Menus/Sub-Menus to Start or Task Bar ?

1. How to Pin Settings Menus/Sub-Menus to Start or Task Bar ? - Similar Threads - Pin Settings Menus

2. Colored menus - how?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Colored menus - how?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/NZ9_001 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gsyal4/colored_menus_how/
  3. Disable the Settings app and all related sub-menus.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable the Settings app and all related sub-menus.: Okay I understand Microsoft is trying to make PC management easier but the settings app is garbage. I'm not trying to disable settings to secure my PC. I found that guide, not what I want. I like the control panel items, the menus actually contain everything you need and...
  4. How to change font size on title bar and menus?

How to change font size on title bar and menus?: How to change font size on title bar and menus? The font on the title screen are not readable; and also some menus. Available settings do not change properly this font front a high resolution HP laptop....
  5. bar with menus at top

bar with menus at top: How do I get a bar with menus at top of window? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bar-with-menus-at-top/fdbf7fe9-738e-4ddc-9bcd-e7917bcb8807
  6. Start sub menus

in Windows 10 Support
    Start sub menus: stop Code: Start sub menus[/quote] in w10 134029
  7. Start menus & type to search

Start menus & type to search: Thought I would show what Win10 Start menus can be (& do, soon*). The content is a wee bit different because, one is 1903 & the other is the latest Fast Track Insider Build. *With the IB can see Start typing to search. This reminds of Win8 when one could just type 'in...
  8. Start menus settings not saving

Start menus settings not saving: I'm trying to change setting under personalization settings for the start menu to view as full start screen. I'm also trying to customize the apps on the start menu but the apps won't move to the move....
  9. How to change Start menu context menus

How to change Start menu context menus: Does anyone know if there is a way to get rid of the "More" submenu and integrate its options into the main context menu? I believe this style was introduced in the Anniversary Update. Does anyone know why this was done? 72869
  10. Cascading menus in Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Cascading menus in Start menu: Anyone know if I can get back cascading menu in Start menu - so I can access my folders and Word files. I really miss this from Win7. The search isn't good with Win10. I'd prefer to glide to a file from Start Menu, via the Documents folder, instead of having to use a...