Windows 10: How to pin 'url' shortcut created from the desktop to the taskbar

Discus and support How to pin 'url' shortcut created from the desktop to the taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I've used the following steps to create a shortcut to the windows display settings page however there is no option to right click -> pin to taskbar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Maharero, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Maharero Win User

How to pin 'url' shortcut created from the desktop to the taskbar

Hi, I've used the following steps to create a shortcut to the windows display settings page however there is no option to right click -> pin to taskbar or to just drag the shortcut there (a red circle with a cross appears when I hover it over the taskbar)

1: Right clicked on the desktop -> new -> Shortcut

2: For the location of the item I typed: ms-settings:display

3: This creates a 'url' file that links to the display settings page when opened

This shortcut will shorten the amount of time it takes me to turn off a specific monitor of my multi-monitor setup since the options given from windows + p is not sufficient (i.e. sometimes I need to only turn off both monitor 1 and 3 but keep 2 on)

:)

Maharero, Mar 5, 2019

2. Pin Windows 10 Maps to taskbar or create a desktop shortcut for it

Hi JM,

In pinning an app in taskbar and creating a desktop shortcut, follow the steps below.

A. How to pin apps to taskbar in Windows 10.

• Type Maps in Cortana Search.
    • Right-click on it and choose Pin to Taskbar.

How to pin 'url' shortcut created from the desktop to the taskbar 987714d5-eb03-4326-9024-8c5855974ac2.jpg

B. How to create desktop shortcut in Windows 10.

• Right-click an open area on the Desktop.
    • Hover your mouse on New and click Shortcut.
    • Click Browse.
    • Click the program or file you want to create a shortcut.
    • Choose Open and hit Next. You have the option to change the name for the shortcut.
    • Click Finish button if it appears at the bottom of the dialog box.
    • Click Next button if it appears at the bottom of the dialog box.
    • Click the icon you want to use for the shortcut, and then click Finish.

If you have further questions, feel free to reply to this post.

Amylove Loy, Mar 5, 2019
  3. jmstealth Win User
    Pin Windows 10 Maps to taskbar or create a desktop shortcut for it

1. How do you pin the Windows 10 Maps app to the taskbar? OR

2. How do you create a desktop shortcut for it?

jmstealth, Mar 5, 2019
  4. Berton Win User

Pin Shortcut

I do it by not creating a shortcut but letting Windows do it. I click on the tiny icon [favicon] at the left end of the URL/Address and dragging to the Desktop, then I have the right-click choices of Pin to Start and Pin to Taskbar. If pinned to Start it usually is at the bottom of the column of tiles so I drag it up the list to where I want it.

Berton, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

1. How to pin 'url' shortcut created from the desktop to the taskbar - Similar Threads - pin 'url' shortcut

2. I have created a GPO to create a URL Shortcut on Desktop but it is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have created a GPO to create a URL Shortcut on Desktop but it is not working: Dear Support,I have created a URL Shortcut GPO to create a URL based shortcut on desktop but its not working on old profiles. Kindly guide me why is it not working for old user Profiles. I have logged-on the with this new Profile:Kindly guide me.Thanks....
  3. I have created a GPO to create a URL Shortcut on Desktop but it is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have created a GPO to create a URL Shortcut on Desktop but it is not working: Dear Support,I have created a URL Shortcut GPO to create a URL based shortcut on desktop but its not working on old profiles. Kindly guide me why is it not working for old user Profiles. I have logged-on the with this new Profile:Kindly guide me.Thanks....
  4. how to create desktop shortcuts from pinned taskbar apps and websites in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to create desktop shortcuts from pinned taskbar apps and websites in windows 11: How to create desktop shortcuts from pinned taskbar apps and websites in windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-desktop-shortcuts-from-pinned/86fceab5-6fe0-48d2-b5e6-77bd15b30c6c
  5. how to create desktop shortcuts from pinned taskbar apps and websites in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to create desktop shortcuts from pinned taskbar apps and websites in windows 11: How to create desktop shortcuts from pinned taskbar apps and websites in windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-desktop-shortcuts-from-pinned/86fceab5-6fe0-48d2-b5e6-77bd15b30c6c
  6. Pinned URLs on the taskbar location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pinned URLs on the taskbar location: I have a bunched of pinned URLs on my taskbar that I would like to copy from my old computer to my new computer. I know where the pinned apps are located %AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar but the URLs are not in that folder.There are tons...
  7. how to create shortcut on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to create shortcut on desktop: I need to create short cuts on my sesk top of URLs and programs frequently used https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-shortcut-on-desktop/7bd2975a-3d10-48f3-94e4-1bc2009430ea
  8. How to create shortcut apps from urls (pinned to taskbar)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to create shortcut apps from urls (pinned to taskbar): [ATTACH] Hello, I'm trying to create url shortcuts that behave like an app and that I could pin to my taskbar.I managed to create one but now it seems impossible to repeat the process, I'm going mad ! Here I created a Dynamics CRM shortcut pinned to my W10 taskbar (the...
  9. Pin simple desktop shortcut to taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pin simple desktop shortcut to taskbar: Using Windows 10, created a simple shortcut to take me to the desktop. Want to pin it to the Taskbar so I can easily get back tot he desktop at anytime. Yes I know you can click on the far right of the bar on the bottom of the screen, but as far as I can tell you have to be...
  10. Problems when creating URL shortcuts on the desktop

in Browsers and Email
    Problems when creating URL shortcuts on the desktop: It has always been easy to create a shortcut to a URL on the Windows desktop using the following procedure: 1. Copy the URL from the browser address bar 2. Use the mouse context menu on the desktop 3. Choose New> Shortcut from the menu 4. Paste the URL into the field...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to create a pin from a url

2. how to make a url shortcut for taskbar

3. how to make shortcut url as taskbar icon

4. HOW TO PIN A url SHORTCUT TO TASKBAR,
  5. how to pin a url to desktop,
  6. how to pin url shortcut to desktop[,
  7. how to pin a shortcut URL to desktop