Windows 10: How to pin websites to the Taskbar with Microsoft Edge

Discus and support How to pin websites to the Taskbar with Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The new Microsoft Edge web browser is set to replace the old one, and that’s not entirely a bad thing. The old version of Edge, in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jan 6, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to pin websites to the Taskbar with Microsoft Edge

WinClub, Jan 6, 2020
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Pin Microsoft Edge to Taskbar

Hi,

It's possible that you're not able to pin Edge to the taskbar due to some corrupted system files. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is currently on your computer? To check, click
      Start, type winver, and press Enter.
    • Does this only happen to Edge? Have you tried pinning other apps to the taskbar?
    • What are all of the troubleshooting steps that you've done? Please list all of them so that we could move on to the next steps.

Yolvi Ell, Jan 6, 2020
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Pin Microsoft Edge to Taskbar

We appreciate the information you've provided. The latest build for version 1703 is 15063.483, so if you don't have the latest build installed, we suggest installing them by going to
    Settings > Update & Security > Check for Updates.

This could also happen if you have any programs that modify how Windows normally looks that might override the Pin to Taskbar function. To find out if any other programs are preventing you from pinning Edge to the taskbar, perform a clean boot. This will
    load Windows with minimal drivers and programs, minimizing the risk of software conflicts. Check if you could pin Edge to the taskbar while in a clean boot environment by following the steps

here

Note: To return your computer back to normal, check the section How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting.

We'd also recommend creating a new user profile to check if this is caused by a corrupted user profile. You may find the steps for doing that through this link.

Let us know if you're able to pin Edge to the taskbar after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Jan 6, 2020
  4. How to pin websites to the Taskbar with Microsoft Edge

Trying to pin 'Microsoft Edge' to taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the issue that you are facing currently, and we in Community will try to resolve your issue the best way we can.

I would like to suggest that you follow the steps below to resolve your issue:

• Go to task manager. (To open press ctrl+alt+delete)
    • Click on Details, select explorer.exe and click End Task.
    • Go to file, located on the top left corner of task manager
    • Type explorer.exe and click on OK.
    Try to pin Edge to taskbar and check if the issue still persist.

Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you further.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

How to pin websites to the Taskbar with Microsoft Edge

1. How to pin websites to the Taskbar with Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - pin websites Taskbar

2. pinning Edge to taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pinning Edge to taskbar: I want Edge pinned to my taskbar but none of the suggestions I have found have worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinning-edge-to-taskbar/fb9963cb-14da-40bb-a468-f89ff0be40b6
  3. pinning Edge to taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pinning Edge to taskbar: I want Edge pinned to my taskbar but none of the suggestions I have found have worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinning-edge-to-taskbar/fb9963cb-14da-40bb-a468-f89ff0be40b6
  4. Icon from website Pinned to Taskbar, but opens in Edge Icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icon from website Pinned to Taskbar, but opens in Edge Icon: In internet explorer, I could pin a website to the taskbar and the window would remain on that pinned icon. So if the website had a different icon, it would keep all of the windows for that icon separate from my internet explorer icon. This was a vital tool for me for years...
  5. Icon from website Pinned to Taskbar, but opens in Edge Icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icon from website Pinned to Taskbar, but opens in Edge Icon: In internet explorer, I could pin a website to the taskbar and the window would remain on that pinned icon. So if the website had a different icon, it would keep all of the windows for that icon separate from my internet explorer icon. This was a vital tool for me for years...
  6. Icon from website Pinned to Taskbar, but opens in Edge Icon

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Can not pin Microsoft Edge to taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Can not pin Microsoft Edge to taskbar: I tried right clicking on the file and shortcut but it only says Unpin from Start, and also tried dragging and dropping, but just shows a error symbol on my mouse and takes file back to its position on the desktop. It just randomly disappeared from my taskbar and was left on...
  8. How do you pin the Microsoft Edge icon to the taskbar?

in Browsers and Email
    How do you pin the Microsoft Edge icon to the taskbar?: When I right-click the Microsft Edge icon on either the Desktop or the Start Menu, I do not get the option to pin to the Taskbar, only the option to pin to Start Menu. Also, dragging the icon to the task bar gives an error symbol and does not work. However, other applications...
  9. Pin to Taskbar a Website in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Pin to Taskbar a Website in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Pin to Taskbar a Website in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Pin to Taskbar a Website in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10...
  10. Pin to Start a Website in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Pin to Start a Website in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Pin to Start a Website in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to 'Pin to Start' a Website in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do I pin a website to my taskvar or desktop using Microsoft Edge

2. microsoft edge pin site to taskbar