Windows 10: How to pin windows update to start menu?

Discus and support How to pin windows update to start menu? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi Windows10! When I was setting up my laptop a few years ago, I pinned my windows update to the start menu (see the screenshot:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NonindulgentKitten, Jun 26, 2020.

1. How to pin windows update to start menu?

Hi Windows10!

When I was setting up my laptop a few years ago, I pinned my windows update to the start menu (see the screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/XW9HEJE). I was just installing Windows on a new computer and I can't figure out how to do it... Can you please help?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/NonindulgentKitten
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NonindulgentKitten, Jun 26, 2020

2. How to pin shortcut to start menu.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you would like to know how to pin short cut to start menu.

I would suggest you to refer to the article given below if you are using Windows 7.

Pin a program to the Start menu

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Pin-a-program-to-the-Start-menu

And if you are using Windows 10 then I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

Pin apps to Start

Pin the apps you use most often to the Start menu. Here's how:

• Go to Start > All Apps.
    • Press and hold (or right-click) an app.
    • Select Pin to Start.

Hope this helps. Please let us know the results. We will be happy to assist you further.

Mayank Gupta10, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 Pin HTML file to Start Menu

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

You can pin the website to Start

• Open the web site and click on (…)
    • Click on pin to start

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Yaqub K Win User

How to pin windows update to start menu?

Windows 10 - Cannot pin applications to start menu, but old games are there

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I would like to inform you that you can only pin or unpin desktop apps or modern apps/apps installed from Windows Store to the start screen.

As you mentioned you are facing issues while searching for Paint. I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.
    • Type Paint.
    • Right click on Paint desktop app and select Pin to start.

You may refer to the following link for more information:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-see-whats-on-the-menu

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

How to pin windows update to start menu?

1. How to pin windows update to start menu? - Similar Threads - pin update start

2. Pinning to start menu windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pinning to start menu windows 10: I have never had any problems pinning a web page to start menu before but obviously there have been some changes. I consulted several sites on the internet and they all say to click on the 3 dots in the top right corner and select pin to start from the drop down menu. It is...
  3. How to pin a bat file to start menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to pin a bat file to start menu: Before anyone points to the various workarounds, I've tried all I can find and they all seem to have problems. I want to be able to give other people in my office a folder of files eg, on a usb stick that they can move to a location on their PC that allow them to connect to...
  4. How to pin calendar to start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to pin calendar to start menu: I want to pin calendar to the Start Menu. I use Office 2019 on my Windows 10 computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-pin-calendar-to-start-menu/4b5397ed-9095-4a0e-b9cf-db7fbcdaf4f5
  5. How to pin File Explorer to the Start menu

How to pin File Explorer to the Start menu: Pls. tell me how to pin File Explorer to the Start menu, so that I will have it in 2 places (also on taskbar), so that I can open it separately (twice) at the same time....
  6. pin to start menu customizations

pin to start menu customizations: Where are start menu tiles (pinned shortcuts) stored? I can't find them. I want to customize the start menu and back it up to deploy elsewhere. 12877
  7. How to pin app in start menu ??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to pin app in start menu ??: How to pin app in start menu ? ? I mean I dont want to pin app in start. I want to pin app in start menu like windows 7. Is it possible ? ? I search in setting but i cant fnd any option. Is thr any 3rd party software to do this ? ? 82320
  8. Only "pin to start" (as a tile) and not "pin to start menu"?

in Windows 10 Support
    Only "pin to start" (as a tile) and not "pin to start menu"?: Hello! I haven't tried the previews but follow the development through blogs and YouTube. I am running 8.1 on all my PC's and love it. I've become used to the start screen and tiles but was under the impression that the new start menu in 10 would make it possible to pin...
  9. How to Pin IE Shortcuts to Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Pin IE Shortcuts to Start Menu: UPDATE: See Edwin's method in Post #4 for IE it is much easier than mine. But for other browsers use this method. Since you cannot just drag and drop a shortcut to a web site into the app menu the way I do it is to create a short cut on my desktop then copy it into the...
  10. How to customize pinned Start Menu icon?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to customize pinned Start Menu icon?: I have a shortcut on the left-hand side of Start Menu that opens my Gmail in a Chrome window. This shortcut is actually a shortcut to chrome.exe with a bunch of command-line arguments that make it open my Gmail page right away. The shortcut has a custom "red enevelope" icon....