Windows 10: how to play a DVD using Windows 10 Media Player

Discus and support how to play a DVD using Windows 10 Media Player in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I play DVDs with VOB, BUP, and IFO files using Windows 10 Media Player? I'm guessing the devices and drivers is best place to post this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BillLowell, Oct 1, 2018.

1. how to play a DVD using Windows 10 Media Player

How do I play DVDs with VOB, BUP, and IFO files using Windows 10 Media Player? I'm guessing the devices and drivers is best place to post this question. Thank you for any help.

:)

BillLowell, Oct 1, 2018

2. Unable to play DVDs on Windows Media Player, Windows 10

Hi Alison,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better:

• What exactly happens when you try to play DVDs on Windows Media Player?
    • Are the DVDs being detected on your computer?

I suggest you to run Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter.

Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter find and fix problems with playing DVDs in Windows Media Player.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onWindows Media Player DVD and follow the onscreen instructions.
    Also refer to the Microsoft article to know more about: Windows
    Media Player

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 1, 2018
  3. David Haz Win User
    Windows Media Player doesnt recognize there is a DVD in the player, and wont play it. Windows 10.

Hello,

May we know if there are any error messages that appear when you attempt to play the DVD in Windows Media Player?

As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter
    and see if it fixes the issue. Here's how to run the troubleshooter:

• Press the Start button, then type troubleshooting.
    • Click Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all.
    • Click Windows Media Player DVD.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting.

If you need further assistance, feel free to ask us.

Regards.

David Haz, Oct 1, 2018
  4. how to play a DVD using Windows 10 Media Player

Faulty Windows Media Player

Windows Mesdis Player developed a fault (Played jerky an missed bits) so I down loaded Media Player 10.

It's no better. Any suggestions (I run Windows 98)

christieau, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

how to play a DVD using Windows 10 Media Player

1. how to play a DVD using Windows 10 Media Player - Similar Threads - play DVD using

2. Can I play DVD video with Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I play DVD video with Windows Media Player: I have DVDs that play on my Blu-ray device with video and audio output to the TV. Can that same DVD play with WMP? Presumably NOT to the TV, but to my Windows monitor!TIA for you help.SweetTasha...
  3. DVD Media Player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD Media Player: I'm trying to install the 7 day free DVD Media Player update from Microsoft. Being told my computer is not linked to my Microsoft account. How do I link my computer to my Microsoft account? Thank you. Kelly...
  4. MEDIA PLAYER WONT PLAY DVD

in Windows 10 Customization
    MEDIA PLAYER WONT PLAY DVD: Media player is not playing DVD movie says disc is empty when it is a movie DVD. I have tried going into the Files ,Play View and Tools sections to work it out but all dead ends .I'm running Windows 10. What can I do ?...
  5. Can't play DVD's on Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't play DVD's on Windows Media Player: Why can't I play DVD's in Windows Media Player? This seems like something I should be able to do! TEll me how! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-play-dvds-on-windows-media-player/ea449b05-98a3-461e-9ae8-06d05fabfa34
  6. Why wont Dell media player play dvd

Why wont Dell media player play dvd: this worked since I purchased it a few, months ago and now it wont play eternal dvd it is Windows 10 and a Dell laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-dell-media-player-play-dvd/a635df67-824a-491d-babc-f651f370da8b
  7. DVD region on media player with DVD driver and windows DVD player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD region on media player with DVD driver and windows DVD player: Can I change the region for DVD player in windows media player if I have DVD drive with windows dvd player installed? thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-region-on-media-player-with-dvd-driver-and/cd23d83c-3505-402a-86bb-4eaf15c8f3cd
  8. Windows Media player doesn't play my DVD

Windows Media player doesn't play my DVD: How get I Windows 10 Media player ,play my DVD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-media-player-doesnt-play-my-dvd/0b0997ad-2dc4-44cb-9e46-bb7362362564
  9. DVD Media Player

in Windows 10 Customization
    DVD Media Player: How do I get my Windows 10 DVD Media Player to display on my screen and being playing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/dvd-media-player/81c50456-3bf0-45b9-8d92-fad28cfbf8ad
  10. VLC Media Player or any media player won't play DVD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VLC Media Player or any media player won't play DVD: So I am going to tell you about this, when I was trying to open a DVD on a third-party media player, it doesn't play. I tried VLC, but it doesn't play without an error, while I tried it on 5KPlayer, but it has the same issue as VLC, then, I tried it on MPC-HC, but it said...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell media player

2. power media for dell wont open

3. how to play a dvd using media player

4. how to play dvd on windows media player windows 10