Windows 10: How to play a sound when you Shutdown, Lock or Unlock Windows 10

Discus and support How to play a sound when you Shutdown, Lock or Unlock Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If you want to play a sound when you shut down or lock Windows 10 computer, then this article will show you how to do […] This article How to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jul 2, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to play a sound when you Shutdown, Lock or Unlock Windows 10

WinClub, Jul 2, 2020

2. Can i FORCE or mod windows 10 to play all misc sounds? e.g lock/unlock

i want to make windows 10 able to play all of its sounds like back in the day, including login and log off sounds, lock and unlock sounds, shutdown sounds and constant startup sound without disabling fastboot. and yes i have did all those registry hacks to show hidden sounds again but they dont work anymore in these newer builds.

xdarkmario, Jul 2, 2020
  3. Rivergoat Win User
    Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing

I'm running Threshold 2 of Win10. It seems the Startup Sound is working again. Previously, even checked it would only play intermittently on a warm boot, not a cold one. Now it seems to work all the time. There is a 3rd party app that lets you change the Startup Sound to whatever you want, without you having to go through the hack steps.

The Exit Windows sound is another matter. Even enabled via the Registry and reappearing in the Sound list, selecting a sound for that does not make it play at shutdown.

Rivergoat, Jul 2, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

How to Play a Sound at Shutdown in Windows 10

Actually I think you're lucky to consistently get a shutdown sound at all. I seem to recall the issue is that Windows shuts down too fast for it to be played.

Assuming you mean this:
    Play Sound at Shutdown in Windows 10
    when you refer to
    that does make provision for you to select your own sound file.

Also worth skimming through the comments following by people who've tried it.

dalchina, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

1. How to play a sound when you Shutdown, Lock or Unlock Windows 10 - Similar Threads - play sound Shutdown

2. How do you unlock this lock?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do you unlock this lock?: How do you unlock this lock? thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-unlock-this-lock/9755f284-e8ff-4734-8446-fce86344c314
  3. How do you unlock this lock?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you unlock this lock?: How do you unlock this lock? thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-unlock-this-lock/9755f284-e8ff-4734-8446-fce86344c314
  4. How do you unlock this lock?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to unlock when you get message "This device is locked by an administrator"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to unlock when you get message "This device is locked by an administrator": My Windows 10 computer is locked. I got the message "this device is locked by an administrator" but can't log into computer with my admin account to unlock it. I may have locked it unintentionally from a different computer in my house using the "devices" option but can't find...
  6. How to unlock when you get message "This device is locked by an administrator"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to unlock when you get message "This device is locked by an administrator": My Windows 10 computer is locked. I got the message "this device is locked by an administrator" but can't log into computer with my admin account to unlock it. I may have locked it unintentionally from a different computer in my house using the "devices" option but can't find...
  7. How to Play a Sound at Shutdown in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Play a Sound at Shutdown in Windows 10: Hi there, I followed your instructions 100%, but no matter which sound file I chose, I always get this one (check attachments), followed by this screen (check attachments). It's driving me crazy! Any thoughts, feedback? My winver=1909 Thank you, 151542
  8. Play Sound when Unlock Computer in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Play Sound when Unlock Computer in Windows: How to: Play Sound when Unlock Computer in Windows [img] Information Locking your PC protects it from unauthorized use when you need to step away from the PC, and don't want to shut down. When you unlock and sign in when ready to continue where you left off. Other...
  9. Play Sound when Lock Computer in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Play Sound when Lock Computer in Windows: How to: Play Sound when Lock Computer in Windows [img] Information Locking your PC protects it from unauthorized use when you need to step away from the PC, and don't want to shut down. When you unlock and sign in when ready to continue where you left off. Other users...
  10. Play Sound at Shutdown in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Play Sound at Shutdown in Windows 10: How to: Play Sound at Shutdown in Windows 10 How to Play a Sound at Shutdown in Windows 10 Starting in Windows 8, the Windows Shutdown sound event has been disabled. This leaves you unable to change or play the Windows Shutdown sound when a user selects to shut down the...