Windows 10: How to play CD with Media Player with wired headphones while muting the sound through the...

Discus and support How to play CD with Media Player with wired headphones while muting the sound through the... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I play a CD on the computer with Media Player with wired speakers plugged into the 3.5mm port at the rear of the system unit tower, I hear the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SweetTasha, Jan 11, 2022.

1. How to play CD with Media Player with wired headphones while muting the sound through the...

When I play a CD on the computer with Media Player with wired speakers plugged into the 3.5mm port at the rear of the system unit tower, I hear the audio on both the headphones and the system speakers. Is it possible to head the sound only through the headphones? Presumably I'd need some sort of adapter to connect the headphones, say, through a usb port? Or perhaps there's another app that can do it without any adapter?TIA for your suggestions.SweetTasha.

:)

SweetTasha, Jan 11, 2022
  2. tallguy Win User

Sound won't come back after muting

Problem:

Plugging headphones (Sound plays) -> Muting -> Unmuting -> Sound doesn't play anymore

Fix (No restart required)

Sound doesn't play -> Mute (with headphones in) -> Unplug headphones ->Unmute (with headphones out) -> Mute (with headphones out) -> Plug headphones -> Unmute (with headphones in).

This is the shortest pattern I could find. Important to follow step by step. It might not work because I have no idea why it works on my end (without starting conspiracy theories about boolean variables being out of sync on the audio driver, which would be the most embarassing thing ever for whoever wrote these drivers).

tallguy, Jan 11, 2022
  3. BURNING CDS WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER

Hi,

I appreciate your efforts.

• Are you able to play other audio/video and online audio/video with out any issues?
    • Are you able to play other audio/video on Media Player without any issues?
    As I can see from the title you are using Media Player to play the CDs. Try to play from other apps available and check if it works fine.

It could be either an issue with Media Player or the way you have burned it to the CD or with the sound card.

Burn a CD or DVD in Windows Media Player:

Burn and rip CDs

For reference:

Try all the steps provided in the link below and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems:

Fix sound problems in Windows 10

Hope this helps in resolving the issue with Sound. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jan 11, 2022
  4. How to play CD with Media Player with wired headphones while muting the sound through the...

MEDIA PLAYER- unable to play or rip cd's

Hi Christine,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with the issue.

• Did you check if you are able to play using other CD'S?
    • What is the exact error message or code you receive when you try to play the cd or try to Rip?

For now let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to check if the rip settings are set correctly as mentioned in this article:

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Windows Media player and check if the issue persists. Refer to these steps to uninstall and reinstall Windows Media player:

• Press Window key + F, select “Settings’ tab below the search box.
    • Type “Turn Windows features ON or OFF” and click on the tile with the same name.
    • Now, expand the “Media features” and uncheck the box against “Windows Media player”.
    • Restart the computer.
    • Now follow the same steps and check the box against “Windows Media player” and
      restart the computer to reinstall.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope it helps. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jan 11, 2022
Thema:

How to play CD with Media Player with wired headphones while muting the sound through the...

1. How to play CD with Media Player with wired headphones while muting the sound through the... - Similar Threads - play Media Player

2. Windows Media Player Refusal to Play through Headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player Refusal to Play through Headphones: Hi all, Having an issue with a colleague's windows media player not playing through their headphones on Win 10. The headphones, when set, are the default device, and YouTube and system sounds play perfectly. A separate video player, VCL, is also working correctly and plays...
  3. Windows Media Player Refusal to Play through Headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player Refusal to Play through Headphones: Hi all, Having an issue with a colleague's windows media player not playing through their headphones on Win 10. The headphones, when set, are the default device, and YouTube and system sounds play perfectly. A separate video player, VCL, is also working correctly and plays...
  4. Headphones detected but no sound plays through

Headphones detected but no sound plays through: As of earlier today, no audio will play through any headphones using the 3.5mm headphone jack. Currently do not have my USB headphones to test them. Issue was noticed after my laptop blue screened, unknown why. Volume mixer along with sound settings recognize there is...
  5. Headphones detected but no sound plays through

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones detected but no sound plays through: As of earlier today, no audio will play through any headphones using the 3.5mm headphone jack. Currently do not have my USB headphones to test them. Issue was noticed after my laptop blue screened, unknown why. Volume mixer along with sound settings recognize there is...
  6. No Sound Plays Through Headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Sound Plays Through Headphones: My headphones are selected as the default and show up under Speaker as Headphone RealtekR Audio. When I disconnect them, the option disappears as expected, but nothing changes when I plug them back in; sound continues to play through the speakers even though they aren't the...
  7. No Sound Plays Through Headphones

No Sound Plays Through Headphones: My headphones are selected as the default and show up under Speaker as Headphone RealtekR Audio. When I disconnect them, the option disappears as expected, but nothing changes when I plug them back in; sound continues to play through the speakers even though they aren't the...
  8. How to play CD with Media Player with wired headphones while muting the sound through the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to play CD with Media Player with wired headphones while muting the sound through the...: When I play a CD on the computer with Media Player with wired speakers plugged into the 3.5mm port at the rear of the system unit tower, I hear the audio on both the headphones and the system speakers. Is it possible to head the sound only through the headphones? Presumably...
  9. How to play CD with Media Player with wired headphones while muting the sound through the...

How to play CD with Media Player with wired headphones while muting the sound through the...: When I play a CD on the computer with Media Player with wired speakers plugged into the 3.5mm port at the rear of the system unit tower, I hear the audio on both the headphones and the system speakers. Is it possible to head the sound only through the headphones? Presumably...
  10. Sound won’t play through headphones

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound won’t play through headphones: My headphones are plugged in and registered as a device but it just won’t play any sound. Games don’t have sound at all, Spotify claims it can’t play music, and YouTube plays through the monitor speakers. I’ve tried restarting and unplugging everything and replugging it,...