Windows 10: How to play DVD movie on my Microsoft Surface Pro???

Discus and support How to play DVD movie on my Microsoft Surface Pro??? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I installed a DVD movie on my external DVD player and Win 10 encountered an error. I cannot believe that I spent a fortune on this device only to find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Karen1941, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Karen1941 Win User

How to play DVD movie on my Microsoft Surface Pro???

I installed a DVD movie on my external DVD player and Win 10 encountered an error. I cannot believe that I spent a fortune on this device only to find it won't play DVD movies. I looked through programs at Control Panel and see nothing there. Then I tried to download Win for Movies or something like that but it said it was already installed.

I also opened the movie and it is there on Drive D.

:)

Karen1941, Jun 18, 2020
  2. Geethu B Win User

Unable to play movies on DVD

Hi Mary,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I will surely help you.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• What exactly you mean by "play it on the DVD player"? Does the issue occur while copying the moving to a DVD and then playing it on the computer?
    • Did you tried playing the DVD on a different computer?

You may try to copy movie on a different DVD (different brand) and check if it helps.

Reply with required details which will help us to analyze and assist you in a better way.

Geethu B, Jun 18, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    DVD doesn’t play in Windows DVD Player

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Ideally, the Windows DVD Player will play movies that are on optical discs. However, we will need the details requested below:

• Could you please provide more clarity on “will not play my DVD home movies”?
    • What is the complete error message you receive?

We would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    and see if that helps.

You may want to refer the
    Windows DVD player FAQ

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 18, 2020
  4. How to play DVD movie on my Microsoft Surface Pro???

playing a DVD with Windows 10

My surface 3 will not play DVD movies either. It recognizes the DVD player in Windows media, still won't play. Says the file are unrecognizable. The movie is "ground hog day" for pete sakes.. Tried using VLC as suggested, still won't play DVD's. Get the
    same error. Tried other DVD's, none work.. Why doesn't windows have a DVD player built in to the software? This is nuts...

MichaelBencivenga, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

How to play DVD movie on my Microsoft Surface Pro???

1. How to play DVD movie on my Microsoft Surface Pro??? - Similar Threads - play DVD movie

2. DVD Player won't Play Movies but will Play CD's

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD Player won't Play Movies but will Play CD's: I have an HP Pavilion 23 all in one. When I insert a DVD it will not play. All drivers are up to date. I can insert a CD and it will play and I can transfer the music I choose to my music library but it does not play a DVD. Why would this happen?...
  3. DVD Player won't Play Movies but will Play CD's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD Player won't Play Movies but will Play CD's: I have an HP Pavilion 23 all in one. When I insert a DVD it will not play. All drivers are up to date. I can insert a CD and it will play and I can transfer the music I choose to my music library but it does not play a DVD. Why would this happen?...
  4. DVD Player won't Play Movies but will Play CD's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Offline Download For Movies On Surface Pro?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Offline Download For Movies On Surface Pro?: I just recently purchased a Surface Pro and I've been trying to find an app that would allow me to download movies to watch on the go. I was wondering if I purchased/rent a movie from the Microsoft Store would I be able to Download that to my Surface to watch without internet...
  6. external dvd (whizzo tech) movie to play

in Windows 10 Customization
    external dvd (whizzo tech) movie to play: I plugged in the external dvd drive and can not play the movie https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-dvd-whizzo-tech-movie-to-play/3a1d24cb-ecc9-4c1a-8d0b-6c07de6a0aab
  7. playing dvd videos and movies on pc

playing dvd videos and movies on pc: Videos on dvd do not play on my windows 10 pc; only files are shown. How to get auto play going? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playing-dvd-videos-and-movies-on-pc/3dee7e4c-fc5c-4706-a0b6-ca90a21ea395
  8. Auto Play DVD Movie is not working

Auto Play DVD Movie is not working: I went thru a recent upgrade, and now cannot get the display for the auto play dvd option. Can you please help and find out what I can do to get this feature back? Margie...
  9. Playing a DVD on my New Surface Pro

Playing a DVD on my New Surface Pro: Hello, I just bought a New Surface Pro and I am trying to figure out how to play DVD's on it. I also bought an LG DVD writer which functions as an optical DVD reader. I am trying to decide if I need to download an app to play my DVD's or what. For some reason Window Media...
  10. DVD won't play movies on my notebook

DVD won't play movies on my notebook: I have a HP Envy Laptop Windows 10. I have a portable LG DVD player. It will not play movies. It recognizes the DVD player will not play the movie. I have several DVD players installed and none of them will play the movie... HELP...