Windows 10: How to play old pc games on windows 10

Discus and support How to play old pc games on windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; hi i am just wondering how i can play old pc games on my windows 10 gaming pc, it's games like resident evil 1 1996 version and so on!, i have a steam... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Teknosfinest, Dec 22, 2019.

1. How to play old pc games on windows 10

hi i am just wondering how i can play old pc games on my windows 10 gaming pc, it's games like resident evil 1 1996 version and so on!, i have a steam account and i can get certain old games on it but not all!, so is there any suggestions where i can get alot of old games like resident evil to run on my windows 10 gaming pc?

:)

Teknosfinest, Dec 22, 2019
  2. Kamil2EE Win User

Playing old pc games on new laptop(windows 10)

Can't play an old pc game on my new laptop. Tried clicking on properties but next step was click on compatability tab and this tab was not there??? Tried another way to run a test program for compatibility but it didnt run. Triedin MS-DOS mode didnt
    work. And tried running DOS BOX installing, it installed but didnt open to see if coukd find game and play. ???

Kamil2EE, Dec 22, 2019
  3. Unable to play old games in Windows 10

Hello Larry,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please provide more information to help you better:

• What is the exact issue that you are facing with old games on Windows 10?

• On which operating system that the games ran successfully?

• Which game are you referring to?

• Do you get any error message?

You might be facing this issue due to the incompatibility of the game with Windows 10. So I suggest you to install the game in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Now, to install in Compatibility Mode, follow these steps:

a. Locate the executable file (.exe file) for the driver installation program.

b. Right-click the file, and then click Properties.

c. In the Package Name Properties dialog box, click the Compatibility tab.

d. Click to select the Run this program in compatibility mode for check box, click Windows 8/ Windows 7
    with which it is compatible with in the Run this program in compatibility mode for list, and then click OK.

e. Double-click the executable file to start the installation program.

Hope this helps. Please get back to us with the results we will be happy to help you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Dec 22, 2019
  4. How to play old pc games on windows 10

Playing Old Dos Games

I have an Old Dos Game that I was able to find in bin format and was trying to figure out how to play it on Windows 10. I was trying to figure out DosBox but maybe it's just me but it's too complicated.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

sparker781, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

How to play old pc games on windows 10

1. How to play old pc games on windows 10 - Similar Threads - play old games

2. How to Play Old PC Games on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 News
    How to Play Old PC Games on Windows 11?: Do you miss playing Solitaire or Pinball? Do you miss your old Windows games after upgrading to Windows 11? Many people still turn to the dark web to play these games. We have a better solution for you and show you how to play your favorite games on your Windows 11 PC. Why...
  3. How to play old CDROM games on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to play old CDROM games on Windows 11: I recently got Riven and Myst III and I wanted to try them out. However, I can't get them to work. Does anyone know how? I am trying to run them on Windows 11 and they are made for Windows 95/98/ME....
  4. How to play old CDROM games on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to play old CDROM games on Windows 11: I recently got Riven and Myst III and I wanted to try them out. However, I can't get them to work. Does anyone know how? I am trying to run them on Windows 11 and they are made for Windows 95/98/ME....
  5. Playing pc games on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Playing pc games on windows 10: Why can't i play my old pc games now I have windows 10. They used to play ok on Vista and windows 7. Wish I didn't have windows 10 now. Hate it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playing-pc-games-on-windows-10/56f44db8-729b-4d3a-9d89-605423f4c421
  6. Play an old Game

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Play an old Game: Cheers guys, I'm trying to play Unreal Tournament in my new release of Windows 10, but I can't. The This is my old favorite window xp game. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/play-an-old-game/7fe6ad08-9df3-46d4-afb6-21984837f2d6
  7. Cant play old games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant play old games: Hey my windows 10 cant play some old games command and conquer Tiberian Sun and command and conquer Red alert 2 it says one or more dlls are missing please reinstall and i have...
  8. Playing Old Dos Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Playing Old Dos Games: I have an Old Dos Game that I was able to find in bin format and was trying to figure out how to play it on Windows 10. I was trying to figure out DosBox but maybe it's just me but it's too complicated. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks 36500
  9. How do you install directplay on windows 10 to play old games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you install directplay on windows 10 to play old games?: Please help me! Trying to play theme hospital on windows 10 and when I try to play it says I need to install directplay. It then says it needs to restart the pc to do so. It restarts and then nothing happens and it hasn't installed. Tried this over and over. Read many other...
  10. How to play OLD games..?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to play OLD games..?: We purchased many CD based games for our first child (Spy Fox, Putt-Putt, Pajama Sam, etc). These games have great re-play value, and now our third child wants to play them on her Win10 Dell 2-in-1. However, they all say they are 16-bit games and can't be played. Is there...