Windows 10: How to play sound on specific email arrival?

Discus and support How to play sound on specific email arrival? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; In the outlook web email I tried to create a rule that would play a sound on a specific email arriving. I could not do that, is this possible?... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ErikHellberg, May 25, 2019.

1. How to play sound on specific email arrival?

In the outlook web email I tried to create a rule that would play a sound on a specific email arriving.

I could not do that, is this possible?

:)

ErikHellberg, May 25, 2019

2. sound alert for outgoing mail

Hello,

We would like to gather additional information to better assist you with your inquiry. Please provided the answers to the questions below:

• What email client are you using, is it the Outlook desktop app or the Mail app?
    • What is your concern with the sound alert for outgoing mail?

In the meantime, we suggest checking the articles below for additional assistance with sound effects in Outlook:

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, May 25, 2019
  3. No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 25, 2019
  4. How to play sound on specific email arrival?

Is it possible to get Sound notification when Emails arrive

Hello Michael,

We understand that you would like to get sound notification when a e-mail arrivers. We will assist you with your query.

• Which application are you using to access your e-mails?
    • Are you using Mail App in Windows 10?

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it works for you:

1. Go to your Desktop.
    • Press Windows
      How to play sound on specific email arrival? Windows_Key.png
      +
      D keys to go to your desktop.
    2. Right click on the sound icon in the taskbar system icons area at the far right.

3. Right Click/tap on "Sounds".

4. Scroll down and click/tap on the Desktop Mail Notification"

5. Click/tap on the drop down arrow menu and select sound you like.

6. Scroll down and click/tap on New Mail Notification".

7. Click/tap on the drop down arrow menu and select sound you like.

8. Now click on "Apply".

Further If you are using Mail app, check if the sound notification is ON on. Follow the steps below:

1. Open Mail app.

2. Click on Settings (Gear Icon).

3. Click on Options and scroll down to Notification
    portion.

4. Make sure that Notification is turned on and Play sound
    box is checked.

Let us know if it works. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 25, 2019
Thema:

How to play sound on specific email arrival?

1. How to play sound on specific email arrival? - Similar Threads - play sound specific

2. Sound not playing from specific programs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound not playing from specific programs: Over the last few days I've had an issue on and off where some of my programs haven't been playing sound through my headphones , which are wired if that helps, the only help I've been able to find is to update my drivers which I already have and nothing happened, also as of...
  3. Sound not playing from specific programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound not playing from specific programs: Over the last few days I've had an issue on and off where some of my programs haven't been playing sound through my headphones , which are wired if that helps, the only help I've been able to find is to update my drivers which I already have and nothing happened, also as of...
  4. Sound not playing from specific programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. no email is arriving

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no email is arriving: no email is arriving https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-email-is-arriving/ab6900b8-422b-4670-9adb-82a536b1d728
  6. no email is arriving

no email is arriving: no email is arriving https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-email-is-arriving/ab6900b8-422b-4670-9adb-82a536b1d728
  7. Emails not arriving

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Emails not arriving: I cannot receive emails on *** Email address is removed for privacy *** except on the Virgin Media site. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emails-not-arriving/96d41839-d7d0-462b-8b61-9ea974bd23f8
  8. play sound when typing specific langauge on keybord

in Windows 10 Customization
    play sound when typing specific langauge on keybord: I am using win 10 with 2 langauges but many times i am typing in the wrong langauge that I want! is it a way of setting the ketbord typing will play sound when I am using specific langauge but not the other langaude? Yehuda...
  9. NO "AS EMAIL ARRIVES" OPTION

NO "AS EMAIL ARRIVES" OPTION: After a recent move I had to change my ISP...which is now Spectrum. I've successfully set up my Windows 10 App for Spectrum/Charter email, but it is synching far too slowly. A lot of the email I receive is time-sensitive, but the App is currently checking for email only...
  10. Help with email attachments arriving blank?

Help with email attachments arriving blank?: Today in emails, when opening up links to documents, the document pages come up empty, without any words but with the lines, boxes and formatting and logo at top of page. What is being blocked here and what have I accidentally clicked on to disallow these to come through? Do...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. play a sound for a specific email arriving

2. sound for a specific email