Windows 10: How to play YouTube HDR content without turning on Windows HD Colour?

Discus and support How to play YouTube HDR content without turning on Windows HD Colour? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a HDR600 (I know it's not a proper HDR1000) monitor but Windows HD Colour is really awful and I don't want to have it on all the time, but would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nfshp253, Nov 26, 2020.

1. How to play YouTube HDR content without turning on Windows HD Colour?

I have a HDR600 (I know it's not a proper HDR1000) monitor but Windows HD Colour is really awful and I don't want to have it on all the time, but would still like to view HDR videos on YouTube. Is there a way to do this on Chrome (through some kind of extension) or on another browser? For my local media I use MPC-BE with madVR, which automatically turns on the monitor's HDR mode when playing HDR content, even with Windows HD Colour off. Can a browser do something similar?

submitted by /u/nfshp253
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nfshp253, Nov 26, 2020

2. about playing hdr content

on windows hd colour setting.

my display capablities is showing

stream hdr videos -yes

use hdr-no

use wcg-no

what is the difference between stream hdr and use hdr?

why my display capablities is showing no sign for use hdr and use wcg

hashirkanakkayil, Nov 26, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - YouTube HDR ?

Hi, Yesterday I was watching HDR content on Youtube. Youtube Video displayed [HDR] logo.Today the same
    HDR content does not dislpay HDR logo at the bottom right but just
    HD ?

Could I be mistaken?

----

How to play YouTube HDR content without turning on Windows HD Colour? c9d22ea2-9cb6-4d29-9b7b-ead3ab8e6ecc?upload=true.png

----

My settings:

----

How to play YouTube HDR content without turning on Windows HD Colour? d9bb3b88-a731-4b73-9bfb-97f078a5617d?upload=true.png

----

Davidmw5009, Nov 26, 2020
  4. How to play YouTube HDR content without turning on Windows HD Colour?

HDR content in Window 10

So I have been trying to fix the HDR content on my laptop (Lenovo X1 Extreme Gen 2, 4K OLED) because the colours are too saturated (beyond what normal saturation of colours should look like. I even had the entire screen replaced and still no fix.

Upon inspecting the Windows settings for HDR, I noticed that other users on the internet have more settings available for their HDR content than I do (despite the fact that my settings say "Yes" for all 3 of the "Display Capabilities"). I also noticed that
    the option to calibrate my display for HDR in Windows settings, only appears when I swtich HDR OFF. As soon as I switch HDR back ON, that setting disappears.

Please could someone guide me, my HDR is too saturated and I do not know how to fix it on my own, I have tried spending hours upon hours looking for a way to fix it - but it seems that I am the only one experiencing an issue like this since no one has posted
    anything about the issue like mine.

(Please excuse me or the long post, it's one of my first time's using this platform to get help).

Thanking you in advance for any help How to play YouTube HDR content without turning on Windows HD Colour? :)

HuzaifahMasood, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

How to play YouTube HDR content without turning on Windows HD Colour?

1. How to play YouTube HDR content without turning on Windows HD Colour? - Similar Threads - play YouTube HDR

2. Strange colours when capturing screen with HDR turned on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange colours when capturing screen with HDR turned on: Here you can see how the colours become more and more grey with each iteration, and unfortunately this also applies to the final image in the recorded video.As you can see, OBS is detecting that I am using HDR.Discord has a similar problem, but the colours become darker.Here...
  3. [HDR]Turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [HDR]Turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video: I turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video, I found that the video image was overexposed. After suspending the video, it could be restored to normal. May I ask why this phenomenon occurs and is it normal?...
  4. [HDR]Turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [HDR]Turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video: I turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video, I found that the video image was overexposed. After suspending the video, it could be restored to normal. May I ask why this phenomenon occurs and is it normal?...
  5. Blurry and washed out colours when HDR in windows is turn on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blurry and washed out colours when HDR in windows is turn on: HiPlease advise if HDR enabled in windows should change my display colours to juicy one ? I'm new to HDR and anyhelp will be much appreciated. ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report: 5/21/2021, 22:28:07 Machine name: DESKTOP-MLQH8O3...
  6. about playing hdr content

about playing hdr content: on windows hd colour setting. my display capablities is showing stream hdr videos -yes use hdr-no use wcg-no what is the difference between stream hdr and use hdr? why my display capablities is showing no sign for use hdr and use wcg...
  7. HDR content in Window 10

HDR content in Window 10: So I have been trying to fix the HDR content on my laptop Lenovo X1 Extreme Gen 2, 4K OLED because the colours are too saturated beyond what normal saturation of colours should look like. I even had the entire screen replaced and still no fix. Upon inspecting the Windows...
  8. HDR Youtube video turns black at random times

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDR Youtube video turns black at random times: I have HDR on a HDR capable display (idk if its the right term, it's just hdr that my monitor can handle) and It's set through window's 10's windows. when I open a video on youtube as soon as I fullscreen it, it turns black for a few seconds and whenever I press somewhere...
  9. Windows 10 - YouTube HDR ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 - YouTube HDR ?: Hi, Yesterday I was watching HDR content on Youtube. Youtube Video displayed [HDR] logo.Today the sameHDR content does not dislpay HDR logo at the bottom right but justHD ? Could I be mistaken? ---- [ATTACH] ---- My settings: ---- [ATTACH] ----...
  10. HDR Issue - Playing games or fullscreen Youtube videos

HDR Issue - Playing games or fullscreen Youtube videos: I recently got an LG HDR compatible monitor. I run with HDR on and for the most part have no issues. I have played 2 games since I got the monitor - Nier : Automata works fine, I also play an older game called Outland. Playing Outland is fine until I exit the game - the...