Windows 10: How to port forward FTP Server creted by IIS in Windows 10

Discus and support How to port forward FTP Server creted by IIS in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Please help me I'm desperate...I can't seem to find the answer to this. I have set up an FTP Server using IIS on Win10. 1. Permissions, firewall works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by erikbraun1242, Mar 19, 2020.

1. How to port forward FTP Server creted by IIS in Windows 10

Please help me I'm desperate...I can't seem to find the answer to this. I have set up an FTP Server using IIS on Win10.

1. Permissions, firewall works fine on lan, but outside I can't seem to access it.

2. I have port forwarded the server and also the passive data port range, but I get no directory listing error.

3. I saw many people fixed it by assigning external router IP but I don't know how and also I have a ddns setup.

Can someone help? Please.

:)

erikbraun1242, Mar 19, 2020

2. W10 IIS FTPS (Secure) Can't run passive mode port forwarding unknown

OS Windows 10 Pro, I have installed IIS FTP on my PC. I can run FTP from an client running fine but NOT Secure. So I "Create Certificate Request" (CCR) send it to my certificate provider. In return I get my certificate. Then I install my certificate "Complete
    Create Certificate Request" On my IIS\FTP I active my certificate an run under active "required secure connection" ok

Keep in mind I have only port 21-22 forwarded to my PC

Now I start from client FTPS (Secure) then is stop..

27 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,2,1,4,98).

Server reports local IP -> Redirect to: xxx.xxx.xx.xxx

ISS (Secure) block the passive mode.

QST

I there somebody that can tell me witch port I have to forwarded

Thx Robert

R van Wingerden, Mar 19, 2020
  3. Handler Win User
    Firewall blocking port 21 even though IIS FTP server is enabled

Hello!

I'm puzzled. If I turn off windows firewall I can hit the FTP server from the WAN fine and even from the LAN. Turn the firewall back on and that port is blocked! When I installed IIS for the FTP server I added (ticked the boxes) for FTP Server in the firewall.

The $64,000 question is this; why is the firewall being a pest?

Thanks!

Update: I added my own inbound rule for ports 20-21. I can connect via the WAN but the LAN says it's blocked. What am I missing????

Handler, Mar 19, 2020
  4. HAMZA Win User

How to port forward FTP Server creted by IIS in Windows 10

FTP server is not working

I have setup an FTP server on Windows 10 through IIS. I setup the server with port "30003". I've done port forwarding and now port 30003 is open. I am able to access my ftp server by LAN computers. But anyone outside my network cannot access it. I've allowed Ftp server in firewall also. The Ftp Folder is shared with "Everyone". How can I solve this problem?

HAMZA, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

How to port forward FTP Server creted by IIS in Windows 10

1. How to port forward FTP Server creted by IIS in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - port forward FTP

2. Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server: Total newb here. Trying to set up a file server in Windows 10. I've set up IIS services FTP service, FTP extensibility, and IIS management console. I created a test site with a physical path to a local folder. I set up a port forward 21 with xFinity they say my server doesn't...
  3. Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server: Total newb here. Trying to set up a file server in Windows 10. I've set up IIS services FTP service, FTP extensibility, and IIS management console. I created a test site with a physical path to a local folder. I set up a port forward 21 with xFinity they say my server doesn't...
  4. Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Setting up FTP site with Windows Server 2016 IIS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up FTP site with Windows Server 2016 IIS: Hi everyone,I'm super new to Windows Server 2016 so please bare with me.I currently have my FTP site set up using this instruction below.https://neoserver.site/help/setting-ftp-server-windows-server-2016I've found that our physical firewall was blocking port 20 and 21 so went...
  6. Setting up FTP site with Windows Server 2016 IIS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting up FTP site with Windows Server 2016 IIS: Hi everyone,I'm super new to Windows Server 2016 so please bare with me.I currently have my FTP site set up using this instruction below.https://neoserver.site/help/setting-ftp-server-windows-server-2016I've found that our physical firewall was blocking port 20 and 21 so went...
  7. Port forwarding minecraft server doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Port forwarding minecraft server doesn't work: I wanted to create minecraft server, and everything works fine but if i want to port forward minecraft port 25565 it looks like it's ok but if i try port forward cheker or say my friend to connect it is not working. Thank you for help!...
  8. FTP Access IIS

FTP Access IIS: Hi I set up an FTP site using IIS to share files within my LAN. I have created a new user on the same PC as FTP site but when i try to access FTP folder from any device on the LAN using username and password of my new user it refuses to let me in showing the following: Could...
  9. Can't start FTP server Port in use or ??

Can't start FTP server Port in use or ??: I am very ashamed the knowledge I have of computers but seem be stumped on this one.. I have turned of my windows firewall completely and opened ports in my router. Why am I getting this? Do I need to force kill whatever is using it? image — ImgBB I opened ports on...
  10. Firewall blocking port 21 even though IIS FTP server is enabled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewall blocking port 21 even though IIS FTP server is enabled: Hello! I'm puzzled. If I turn off windows firewall I can hit the FTP server from the WAN fine and even from the LAN. Turn the firewall back on and that port is blocked! When I installed IIS for the FTP server I added (ticked the boxes) for FTP Server in the firewall....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. PORT FORWARDING IIS APP

2. PORT FORWARDING AN FTP IIS WEB SERVICE