Windows 10: How to postpone automatic Windows 10 update?

Discus and support How to postpone automatic Windows 10 update? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I need my computer tonight without interruption and Windows wants to update. How can I tell it to wait til tomorrow?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by gwalks, May 18, 2019.

1. gwalks Win User

How to postpone automatic Windows 10 update?

I need my computer tonight without interruption and Windows wants to update. How can I tell it to wait til tomorrow?

:)

gwalks, May 18, 2019

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, May 18, 2019
  3. bigscale Win User
    windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, May 18, 2019
  4. jbunch07 Win User

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile How to postpone automatic Windows 10 update? :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, May 18, 2019
Thema:

1. How to postpone automatic Windows 10 update? - Similar Threads - postpone automatic update

2. How to stop automatic updates in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop automatic updates in Windows 10: This is one of the most destructive features of Windows 10. Every so often I leave my computer with lots of open files and unsaved work. Next day, the bulk of this is deleted - how kind.This is compounded by the failure of MS to indicate whether a file is saved or not....
  3. How to stop automatic updates in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop automatic updates in Windows 10: This is one of the most destructive features of Windows 10. Every so often I leave my computer with lots of open files and unsaved work. Next day, the bulk of this is deleted - how kind.This is compounded by the failure of MS to indicate whether a file is saved or not....
  4. Postpone e-mails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Postpone e-mails: Hello, I'd like to send various emails to my employees when it's their birthday. Sometimes this is a Sunday or a Holiday. I know how to postpone my e-mail, but then it online wants to send the email when I'm online. Is it possible to plan/programme/send emails when I'm...
  5. Taskbar problem - Icons are postponed. How to fix it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar problem - Icons are postponed. How to fix it?: [ATTACH] So you can see that the icons of the programs way deeper are as it should be. I can't see which program are open. How do I fix it? On my second monitor it looks right. All Icons at the same hight. (Taskbar fixed doesn't make a difference.) I already tried...
  6. How Long can a Feature Update be Postponed?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How Long can a Feature Update be Postponed?: I've had 1809 running well for a while now and have been putting off 1903 as I don't need any surprises! It says of course 1903 is waiting for download and install. Well I've just chosen to not bother with it, but when will it force itself upon me? Is there any rule of thumb...
  7. Postpone or Pause Updates & Reboots Temporarily

in Windows 10 Customization
    Postpone or Pause Updates & Reboots Temporarily: I'm assuming this has been asked, but I can't find it., so I'm posting a question with answer here. If you want to postpone Windows 10 updates temporarily (e.g., I'm running an analysis in Python that takes ~14 days, but Windows thinks it's OK to download updates and reboot...
  8. How to stop windows 10 automatic update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to stop windows 10 automatic update: I am not interested in the latest windows 10 automatic update. How can I stop my computer from installing it? Besides the very likely event that the update will cause my computer to stop working, once repaired I will have to reconfigure my computer as the update will erase...
  9. Postponing or scheduling windows 10 updates.. Why can't I?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Postponing or scheduling windows 10 updates.. Why can't I?: I have googled and looked through multiple answers online, all of which have completely different system panels for updates. These are a few of the update answers I've looked at that are 100% useless to me because they don't match what I have (so you don't post these as...
  10. Is This New? Postpone Installing Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is This New? Postpone Installing Updates: I don't believe I've noticed this before, but on my laptop, that does not have a metered connection or any other WU restrictions other that "Notify to Schedule Restart" I got an option asking if I wanted to install the updates downloaded or reschedule. Is this new? Windows...