Windows 10: How to power up a laptop with the lid closed?

Discus and support How to power up a laptop with the lid closed? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have an external monitor setup with my win10 laptop and everything works fine and I want to press the laptop power button to power up and start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cryptotentnew, Mar 20, 2021.

1. How to power up a laptop with the lid closed?

I have an external monitor setup with my win10 laptop and everything works fine and I want to press the laptop power button to power up and start windows with the laptop lid always closed. How do I do this?

submitted by /u/cryptotentnew
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/cryptotentnew, Mar 20, 2021
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Waking and Powering on laptop with lid close

Hi,

Closing the lid can result in your Windows shutting down, sleeping or hibernating. You can control the behavior and decide what you want to do, once you close the lid. To assist you with your concern, we recommend that you follow these steps on how
    to configure the power option of your device if you want to keep your laptop running even with the lid closed:

• In the Search box, type powercfg.cpl and press
      Enter. This will open the Power Options applet of the Control Panel.
    • Now, in the Power Options window, click Choose what closing the lid
      does link from the left pane.

How to power up a laptop with the lid closed? 23d6d67b-a3ef-4444-a076-00bf166b3471?upload=true.png

• Choose what you want your laptop to do, when it’s running on battery and when it’s plugged in. For instance, under Power button and lid settings section you can find ‘When I Close the Lid’ option. Adjacent to it you can find options to help you define
      power button or lid settings. Once you've selected your options, click Save
      changes button.

How to power up a laptop with the lid closed? 3307afeb-cf65-4fdb-ab36-80e0cc60478e?upload=true.png

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

If you think this was useful, you may "Mark it as answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Sher Amo, Mar 20, 2021
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Laptop restarts after closing the lid

Hi,

It appears that your laptop hibernates when you close its lid. This feature terminates running processes on your machine since it allows the system to use very little power. If
    Do nothing is already selected for Choose what closing the lid does
    in Power Options, let's try to make hibernation unavailable. Follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Windows icon on your home screen.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Click Yes if you get a prompt window.
    • Type powercfg.exe /hibernate off then press Enter.
    See if this will prevent the laptop from hibernating when you close the lid.

Let us know how it turns out.

Ruz San, Mar 20, 2021
  4. How to power up a laptop with the lid closed?

Laptop does not shutdown when i click shutdown and close the lid, it sleeps instead.

Hi Gan,

This scenario happens when your Power Options is misconfigured. For us to have this isolated, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Select Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Select Power & sleep tab.
    • On the right side, click on Additional power settings.
    • On the left pane, select Choose what closing the lid does.
    • Under Power button and lid settings, click the drop down next to
      When I close the lid.
    • Select Shut down.
    • Click on Save changes button.
    • When you’re ready to make your PC shut down, close your laptop's lid.

Note: Every time that you will close the lid, your laptop will automatically shut down.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Janeane Cru, Mar 20, 2021
Thema:

How to power up a laptop with the lid closed?

1. How to power up a laptop with the lid closed? - Similar Threads - power laptop lid

2. Laptop connected to monitor. Laptop no longer powers up when the lid is closed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop connected to monitor. Laptop no longer powers up when the lid is closed.: My laptop is connected via an hdmi cable to a monitor. I was always able to power up the laptop with the lid closed. After a recent update was installed, I no longer can power up the system unless I raise the cover. What changed?...
  3. Laptop connected to monitor. Laptop no longer powers up when the lid is closed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop connected to monitor. Laptop no longer powers up when the lid is closed.: My laptop is connected via an hdmi cable to a monitor. I was always able to power up the laptop with the lid closed. After a recent update was installed, I no longer can power up the system unless I raise the cover. What changed?...
  4. starting laptop when the lid is closed and power button outside

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    starting laptop when the lid is closed and power button outside: I have a hp laptop recently i bought a Samsung monitor I want to start the laptop I have to open the lid and then start . is there any way in which I can start the laptop when the lid is closed and my power button is outside please help...
  5. How to power up laptop with lid closed? From hibernate or shut off.

in Windows 10 Support
    How to power up laptop with lid closed? From hibernate or shut off.: Hello, first post here. I use my laptop with the lid closed, connected to an external monitor. Is there a way to power up the PC while it is shut off or in hibernation mode without opening the laptop? I have the laptop on a dock so it would be preferred to keep it closed. I...
  6. How to power up laptop with lid closed? From hibernate or shut off.

How to power up laptop with lid closed? From hibernate or shut off.: Hello, first post here. I use my laptop with the lid closed, connected to an external monitor. Is there a way to power up the PC while it is shut off or in hibernation mode without opening the laptop? I have the laptop on a dock so it would be preferred to keep it closed. I...
  7. Power Button/Close Lid settings on laptop don't retain

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Power Button/Close Lid settings on laptop don't retain: [ATTACH] Have a curious issue regarding configuring a power plan. Have a new Dell Latitude 5501 running 1909. By default its power plan is set to Ultimate Performance, but I'd like a more balanced profile, so I changed it to Balanced. This profile should keep the CPU...
  8. Close Lid Laptop Hibernates

Close Lid Laptop Hibernates: Hi! I have followed the Advanced Power Settings threads and chose "Do Nothing" when I close the lid. That's not working! When I close the lid, the laptop hibernates and all the monitors go to sleep - it says no power connection! Please help!...
  9. Display Closing Lid and Power Settings

Display Closing Lid and Power Settings: I was wondering about if there was any way for a setting to be changed so that: -If my computer is hooked up to a display (monitor), it would not sleep when I close the lid -If my computer is not hooked up to a display (monitor), it would sleep when I close the lid...
  10. How to force shutdown on laptop lid close ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to force shutdown on laptop lid close ?: Hi, I want to force a shutdown when the user close the laptop lid even if MSWord is open and the document was not saved. Any suggestion ? Regards 67302

Users found this page by searching for:

1. power up laptop with lid closed

2. Notebook closed the cover to press the power button

3. laptop side power button on closed lid