Windows 10: How to preform sfc offline scan

Discus and support How to preform sfc offline scan in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi i recently did an sfc scannow and got some components could not be fixed so tried sfc offline scan and got no errors. Could i have done the offline... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ChehadeTannous, May 29, 2020.

1. How to preform sfc offline scan

Hi i recently did an sfc scannow and got some components could not be fixed so tried sfc offline scan and got no errors. Could i have done the offline scan wrong? I have hp laptop windows 10, only 2 hard drives windows c and recovery D. What is the correct sfc offline scan format.

NOTE:i am having a bundle of system failures where explorer.exe crashes and files/apps take ages to load and settings/control pannel are either empty of not responding How to preform sfc offline scan a9fc7893-2aa5-44fd-a71d-c404f23d6c4a?upload=true.jpg

:)

ChehadeTannous, May 29, 2020
  2. Geosammy Win User

SFC Scan Found Corrupt Files...

After running the In-place upgrade, without any issues.
    The results from the SCF scan speak for themselves.
    As you can see from my screenshot of the scan.

How to preform sfc offline scan [​IMG]

Thanks for all the suggestions on this issue.
    It's the second in-place upgrade I've needed to preform.
    I just hope this doesn't become a pattern.

Now it's time to do a complete system backups.

Geosammy, May 29, 2020
  3. Steve C Win User
    Defender Periodic Scanning or Offline Scanning?

That link does suggest it's useful to use Defender offline scanning in addition to periodic scanning and a third party real time anti virus (e.g. Kaspersky).

Steve C, May 29, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

How to preform sfc offline scan

SFC scannow offline

To find your Windows drive letter from an offline command prompt or having booted your PC from a boot disk such as Kari's very useful one available from the top of the Software and Apps section here:

a. the simple, crude pragmatic approach- from a command prompt use the DIR command on the various drive letters available and so discover which drive letter contains your Windows folder

b. the more sophisticated approach:
    use BCDEDIT - see step 5 in the guide below:

SFC Offline:
    How to Run SFC OFFLINE (System File Checker tool) - wintips.org - Windows Tips How-tos

dalchina, May 29, 2020
Thema:

How to preform sfc offline scan

1. How to preform sfc offline scan - Similar Threads - preform sfc offline

2. SFC scan result - need online or offline repair?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SFC scan result - need online or offline repair?: I finished an "SFC /scannow" scan and got the following message. My question is if the corrupt files have been repaired, why does the message mention online and offline repairs? Are there corrupted files not yet repaired? Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and...
  3. SFC Scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SFC Scan: Hello there, i am tech savvy to a point but im not sure whats going on here, i think my computer reset while i was buying some bitcoin now the monero program I use wont work, i cant get cmd to to work at all. I did an sfc /scannow and these are the results i got back...
  4. SFC scanning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SFC scanning: I am trying to reset my PC and it keeps failing. so i read that if i SFC scan it may fix my problem, when I try to use command sfc /scannow it says this, "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service.". So I read that if I type, net start trustedinstaller,...
  5. SFC Scan

SFC Scan: Hi, i got everyday many bluescreens and this is a bit upset. I searched on google the different bluescreen codes i got (and there's a lot and different every time), and one of them told me to use the sfc scannow, and that's the output: https://pastebin.com/raw/v6E4UsLk...
  6. Sfc scan

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sfc scan: I am showing corrupt files that they could fix in sfc scan. I need instructions on how to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scan/d9cc5dec-8de1-46b8-9d8a-949425a7d303"
  7. SFC scan

SFC scan: When I run SFC scan , cmd displays that corrupt files are found but was unable to fix some of them. Here is the screen shoot : What should I do ? [ATTACH] *Moved from Virus and Malware forums*...
  8. SFC scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SFC scan: When I run SFC scan , cmd displays that corrupt files are found but was unable to fix some of them. Here is the screen shoot : What should I do ? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/sfc-scan/4933511a-fad9-4b65-91d6-adbfd7717e07
  9. sfc scan

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sfc scan: Did a scan found a lot of corrupt files also did the clean up files repair health DISM also no luck should I reset the computer to factory settings nothing I do repairs the corrupt files ? Thank You TIMMY 2018-08-15 07:49:42, Info CBS TI: ---...
  10. SFC scannow offline

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC scannow offline: This is my first post on this excellent forum. I have been trying to run a sfc scan, both online and offline, but neither will get very far before the system cancels them. I read up (here as I recall) on how to run the scan offline. So far I have named 'C' as both offbootdir...