Windows 10: How to preinstall a application in audit mode with desktop shortcut?

Discus and support How to preinstall a application in audit mode with desktop shortcut? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I installed an application in audit mode, and then sysprep.exe to OOBE. After this , i can find the applications, but desktop shortcut and startup menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by demonguy, Dec 16, 2015.

1. demonguy Win User

How to preinstall a application in audit mode with desktop shortcut?

I installed an application in audit mode, and then sysprep.exe to OOBE. After this , i can find the applications, but desktop shortcut and startup menu disappear
    How can i prevent these ?

:)

demonguy, Dec 16, 2015

2. Installation of Windows 10 - Pause restart for new PC Owner

You would need to some OEM Preinstallation Kit to do that, which normally a part of OEM Licenses.

Another option is to just turn off the computer when it reaches OOBE or configure Audit Mode:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardwa...

Andre Da Costa, Dec 16, 2015
  3. AlyssaM90 Win User
    Activating Windows 10

My computer is in audit mode. I think that was the whole issue. But I cannot figure out how to take it off of Audit mode.

AlyssaM90, Dec 16, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

In Audit Mode, the shortcuts will be created on the built-in admin's desktop. To show them on each new user's desktop after the sysprep, you need to copy them to the default user profile. This is done with the answer file component CopyProfile and using the /generalize switch with the sysprep command.

About Default User Profile customization: Default User Profile - Customize in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    More about Audit Mode & Sysprep: Windows 10 Image - Customize in Audit Mode with Sysprep - Windows 10 Forums

Thema:

1. How to preinstall a application in audit mode with desktop shortcut? - Similar Threads - preinstall application audit

2. Desktop shortcut for an application file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop shortcut for an application file: I am trying to create a desktop shortcut for "fastdl.app". I know that I can type that in as the URL in various browsers, but, I don't seem to be able to create a shortcut for it. When I type in "fastdl.app" without the quotes in the "Target" box, I get the error message:The...
  3. Desktop shortcut for an application file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop shortcut for an application file: I am trying to create a desktop shortcut for "fastdl.app". I know that I can type that in as the URL in various browsers, but, I don't seem to be able to create a shortcut for it. When I type in "fastdl.app" without the quotes in the "Target" box, I get the error message:The...
  4. Preinstallation mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preinstallation mode: Changing the format of the partition requires to be in preinstall mode. How do I get there? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preinstallation-mode/e79087c9-2d30-4df4-808e-f86ad406a6d5
  5. Preinstallation mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Preinstallation mode: Changing the format of the partition requires to be in preinstall mode. How do I get there? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preinstallation-mode/e79087c9-2d30-4df4-808e-f86ad406a6d5
  6. Audit mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audit mode: How do I get out of audit mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audit-mode/806c0874-884f-479b-8ddb-dee09d104dc4
  7. What is Audit Mode in Windows 10? How to boot into or out of Audit Mode?

in Windows 10 News
    What is Audit Mode in Windows 10? How to boot into or out of Audit Mode?: [ATTACH]Have you ever wondered how OEMs deploy Windows 10 OS with their own set of apps and drivers? Or how does the recovery partition helps […] This article What is Audit Mode in Windows 10? How to boot into or out of Audit Mode? first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read...
  8. what is audit mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    what is audit mode: my win 10 won't install because it's in audit mode. what is audit mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-audit-mode/d0b1a6aa-be1e-4abb-b82b-1a3e54675033
  9. Audit Mode and Robocopy

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Audit Mode and Robocopy: So today I had an interesting issue. I had a data transfer from an old hard drive to a newly purchased system. It wasnt my system, else I would've follow windows oobe and then transfered the files. Instead, i hit control+shift+F3 to enter audit mode and then I opened PS as...
  10. How to update windows 1803 in audit mode?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to update windows 1803 in audit mode?: Hello, creating a golden image with loads of applications and doing updates, was able to do up to doing the 1803 update which does not allow me to, using windows 10 education, in audit mode. heard of doing an offline update, not sure where to find this info, many thanks 115725