Windows 10: How to premanently disable Windows Firewall for private profile

Discus and support How to premanently disable Windows Firewall for private profile in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since I have to turn off Windows Firewall for my private home network after every re boot in order for other pcs on my network to have access to shared... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by oldtraveler, Aug 10, 2019.

1. How to premanently disable Windows Firewall for private profile

Since I have to turn off Windows Firewall for my private home network after every re boot in order for other pcs on my network to have access to shared files on this pc, I wish to just permanently disable the firewall.

:)

oldtraveler, Aug 10, 2019
  2. Tam1111 Win User

Windows Firewall Private Profile Turn OFF

Hi,

I was trying to turn on Network Discovery and enable file sharing (not Homegroup). I'd like to connect to a SMB fileserver running on a linux server on my local home network. When I went to "Network", Windows 10 told me to enable network discovery through
    a popup underneath the address bar. When I click to "Turn on Network and Filesharing" it immediately turns itself off and the popup appears again. I can click "turn on" to infinity it just keeps resetting and offering the popup again. It turned out that when
    I disable the windows firewall private profile, network discovery turned on and stayed on. However when I reboot firewall is automatically enabled for private profile.

I'd like to learn how I can permanently turn off windows firewall private profile. As well, as I also use TinyWall as a firewall, I'd like to know how I can completely turn off windows firewall. Please note that for the purposes of everything described above,
    TinyWall was disabled and was not a culprit.

If anyone knows how I can configure windows firewall to allow Network Discovery to work that would also be of help. Thanks!

Tam1111, Aug 10, 2019
  3. Steevo Win User
    Windows Firewall blocking program even with inbound/outbound rule enabled.

Windows firewall is like a fart when you have squirty dumplings, you shouldn't really trust it.

Disable the private network firewall, if the application works fine do this.

Open a CMD prompt window with admin rights. type in "netstat" without the quotes and press enter. You should get a list of what IP and port is connecting to what port and or service. Open those ports for the application, or just allow those ports to be unfiltered.

Steevo, Aug 10, 2019
  4. slim142 Win User

How to premanently disable Windows Firewall for private profile

Windows Firewall blocking program even with inbound/outbound rule enabled.

Will try this asap. Thanks!

slim142, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

How to premanently disable Windows Firewall for private profile

1. How to premanently disable Windows Firewall for private profile - Similar Threads - premanently disable Firewall

2. How to fix premanently disabling Wi-Fi?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix premanently disabling Wi-Fi?: Recently, the Wi-Fi on my laptop will randomly disabled permanently for unknown reasons. What I mean is that it'll disable itself & I won't be able to enable it without restarting my laptop once or even multiple times when it happens. The Wi-Fi quick settings will randomly...
  3. How to fix premanently disabling Wi-Fi?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix premanently disabling Wi-Fi?: Recently, the Wi-Fi on my laptop will randomly disabled permanently for unknown reasons. What I mean is that it'll disable itself & I won't be able to enable it without restarting my laptop once or even multiple times when it happens. The Wi-Fi quick settings will randomly...
  4. Firewall disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firewall disabled: I recently uninstalled the Norton 360 AV suite I'd been using for a couple of years in favor of another AV software. I soon get a notification from Windows security that the firewall services are inactive. I checked and saw that both Windows firewall and the new AV firewall...
  5. Firewall disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Firewall disabled: I recently uninstalled the Norton 360 AV suite I'd been using for a couple of years in favor of another AV software. I soon get a notification from Windows security that the firewall services are inactive. I checked and saw that both Windows firewall and the new AV firewall...
  6. How to temporarily disable antivirus and firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to temporarily disable antivirus and firewall: I am trying to download a game I know is safe but I'm being "protected" by my antivirus. None of the articles I have read so far have been helpful....
  7. Windows Firewall Private Profile Turn OFF

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Firewall Private Profile Turn OFF: Hi, I was trying to turn on Network Discovery and enable file sharing (not Homegroup). I'd like to connect to a SMB fileserver running on a linux server on my local home network. When I went to "Network", Windows 10 told me to enable network discovery through a popup...
  8. How to disable a firewall rule windows 1809

How to disable a firewall rule windows 1809: What I want to do is very simple. I have a few firewall rules that I set up that are no longer needed and I want to remove/disable them so the app is no longer allowed through. I found a remove button but it is greyed out. All the advice and instructions on the internet are...
  9. Windows 10 Private Firewall randomly blocking internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Private Firewall randomly blocking internet: I've had this weird issue for the last several months. Randomly all internet related apps will lose their connection and my web browser says it cannot get a DNS address. After a minute or two the issue fixes itself. When I look at my network adapter my IP and DNS addresses...
  10. windows firewall will not stay disabled

windows firewall will not stay disabled: I allowed my win10 home 64bit to update to 1703 last week. I hesitate to allow updates as MS insists on removing customizations, changes many user settings, and activates many services I don't want running. since allowing the update, windows firewall was turned on, I can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. permanently turn off windows defender firewall for private networks