Windows 10: How to premanently disable Windows Firewall for private profile

Discus and support How to premanently disable Windows Firewall for private profile in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since I have to turn off Windows Firewall for my private home network after every re boot in order for other pcs on my network to have access to shared... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by oldtraveler, Aug 10, 2019.

1. How to premanently disable Windows Firewall for private profile

Since I have to turn off Windows Firewall for my private home network after every re boot in order for other pcs on my network to have access to shared files on this pc, I wish to just permanently disable the firewall.

:)

oldtraveler, Aug 10, 2019
  2. Tam1111 Win User

Windows Firewall Private Profile Turn OFF

Hi,

I was trying to turn on Network Discovery and enable file sharing (not Homegroup). I'd like to connect to a SMB fileserver running on a linux server on my local home network. When I went to "Network", Windows 10 told me to enable network discovery through
    a popup underneath the address bar. When I click to "Turn on Network and Filesharing" it immediately turns itself off and the popup appears again. I can click "turn on" to infinity it just keeps resetting and offering the popup again. It turned out that when
    I disable the windows firewall private profile, network discovery turned on and stayed on. However when I reboot firewall is automatically enabled for private profile.

I'd like to learn how I can permanently turn off windows firewall private profile. As well, as I also use TinyWall as a firewall, I'd like to know how I can completely turn off windows firewall. Please note that for the purposes of everything described above,
    TinyWall was disabled and was not a culprit.

If anyone knows how I can configure windows firewall to allow Network Discovery to work that would also be of help. Thanks!

Tam1111, Aug 10, 2019
  3. Steevo Win User
    Windows Firewall blocking program even with inbound/outbound rule enabled.

Windows firewall is like a fart when you have squirty dumplings, you shouldn't really trust it.

Disable the private network firewall, if the application works fine do this.

Open a CMD prompt window with admin rights. type in "netstat" without the quotes and press enter. You should get a list of what IP and port is connecting to what port and or service. Open those ports for the application, or just allow those ports to be unfiltered.

Steevo, Aug 10, 2019
  4. slim142 Win User

How to premanently disable Windows Firewall for private profile

Windows Firewall blocking program even with inbound/outbound rule enabled.

Will try this asap. Thanks!

slim142, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

How to premanently disable Windows Firewall for private profile

1. How to premanently disable Windows Firewall for private profile - Similar Threads - premanently disable Firewall

2. How to disable Firewall & Network Protection Notifications

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to disable Firewall & Network Protection Notifications: Hello, I would like to disable the windows 10 Firewall & Network Protection notification from asking me every few minutes to turn it back on. I have done many searches online and done everything that others have listed to fix this problem but after everything I can, it still...
  3. Windows 10 Firewall logging on domain profile.

Windows 10 Firewall logging on domain profile.: I am working on turning on the domain profile for Windows 10 via gpo. We have a relatively large environment and this has not been turned on for the domain profile in the past. So the current plan is turn on the Firewall with Policy and create an Any/Any rule for inbound...
  4. Windows Firewall Private Profile Turn OFF

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Firewall Private Profile Turn OFF: Hi, I was trying to turn on Network Discovery and enable file sharing (not Homegroup). I'd like to connect to a SMB fileserver running on a linux server on my local home network. When I went to "Network", Windows 10 told me to enable network discovery through a popup...
  5. How to disable a firewall rule windows 1809

How to disable a firewall rule windows 1809: What I want to do is very simple. I have a few firewall rules that I set up that are no longer needed and I want to remove/disable them so the app is no longer allowed through. I found a remove button but it is greyed out. All the advice and instructions on the internet are...
  6. Windows 10 Private Firewall randomly blocking internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Private Firewall randomly blocking internet: I've had this weird issue for the last several months. Randomly all internet related apps will lose their connection and my web browser says it cannot get a DNS address. After a minute or two the issue fixes itself. When I look at my network adapter my IP and DNS addresses...
  7. Private Firewall settings blocking RDP access

Private Firewall settings blocking RDP access: Hi all, Cant seem to have both Firewall Private network settings and RDP working together. Here's my setup. Note it works fine when I have the firewall as in the image,, but once I swtich to 'Turn On Windows Defender Firewall in Private Network settings, RDP gets blocked....
  8. windows firewall will not stay disabled

windows firewall will not stay disabled: I allowed my win10 home 64bit to update to 1703 last week. I hesitate to allow updates as MS insists on removing customizations, changes many user settings, and activates many services I don't want running. since allowing the update, windows firewall was turned on, I can...
  9. Disable Windows firewall when running 3rd party firewall?

Disable Windows firewall when running 3rd party firewall?: Quick question - I use Comodo firewall free edition as I like the functionality and interface. Should I disable Windows firewall since I have Comodo running? If so, how do I do that? 66137
  10. Firewall Disabled Bug?

Firewall Disabled Bug?: I just updated to the FCU from the AU. There seems to be a firewall notification bug. Settings / System / About indicates that the Firewall is disabled but the Firewall settings in the Control Panel are fine (see below). I've disabled and re-enabled the Firewall but this...