Windows 10: How to Prep a USED SSD for Windows 10 Clean Install?

Discus and support How to Prep a USED SSD for Windows 10 Clean Install? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250 GB . I got in a pinch with a failing hard drive on another PC and temporarily used this SSD for a short time to hold... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mangorunner, Oct 9, 2018.

1. How to Prep a USED SSD for Windows 10 Clean Install?

I have a Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250 GB . I got in a pinch with a failing hard drive on another PC and temporarily used this SSD for a short time to hold personal data files. All of those data files have been backed up and I'm ready to re-use this SSD drive for a clean install of Windows 10. However, all those old data files are still on the SSD. What is the best way to prep the drive for the Windows 10 fresh install process?

• Should I use Samsung Magician's Secure Erase function?
    • Should I let Windows reformat the drive during the Windows 10 clean install process? (I have not actually been through the process, but I have read that it will be an option.)
    • Is there another, better method?

Thanks very much for the advice. This is an INCREDIBLE forum and resource for Windows 10!
    Carol

:)

mangorunner, Oct 9, 2018

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Oct 9, 2018
  3. Clean install Windows 10 on new SSD to rplace failing HDD and corrupte

How to do a clean install of Windows 10 on a new SSD that will replace a failing HDD and corrupted data files in a Laptop PC?
    There seems to be a lot of old posts that touch on various subjects that I need help with but none that lump them all together. This is a clean install of Windows 10 on a new SSD on a Laptop PC that was previously upgraded to Windows 10 with the free upgrade just prior to the free upgrade becoming unavailable. About 6 months ago intermittent weird problems began to appear and with the help of various support groups and Windows Community we came to the conclusion that the HDD needed to be replaced(failed Seagate's drive test) with an SSD (My Choice) and a clean install of Windows 10(corrupted data files in the OS).
    I was given a URL to download and burn to DVD an ISO file of Windows 10 PRO 64bit OS. I purchased a 240GB Sandisk SSD. I don't need to partition this drive as the single C: partition is adequate for size and speed.
    Is there a step by step procedure listed somewhere that preps(formats?) the SSD using disk management for Windows 10 and then using the ISO file that I burned to a DVD, installs Windows 10 on to my SSD? I am not familiar with ISO files and am assuming that is something that is sent to you to boot from and install from when you order SW from MS.

RogerAttila, Oct 9, 2018
  4. Delta6326 Win User

How to Prep a USED SSD for Windows 10 Clean Install?

Delta6326, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

How to Prep a USED SSD for Windows 10 Clean Install?

1. How to Prep a USED SSD for Windows 10 Clean Install? - Similar Threads - Prep USED SSD

2. How to clean install windows in SSD & use a HDD as for storage?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to clean install windows in SSD & use a HDD as for storage?: My Dell laptop is running very slow due to HDD that's why I have decided to install a SSD to boot my windows and other applications. But now I have problems with installation of windows in SSD. Please help me with this installation process ....
  3. How to clean install windows in SSD & use a HDD as for storage?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to clean install windows in SSD & use a HDD as for storage?: My Dell laptop is running very slow due to HDD that's why I have decided to install a SSD to boot my windows and other applications. But now I have problems with installation of windows in SSD. Please help me with this installation process ....
  4. How to clean install windows in SSD & use a HDD as for storage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Clean Installation of Windows 10 on ssd.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean Installation of Windows 10 on ssd.: Unable to boot, getting the following error message from startup repair;Startup repair Log File: D:\Windows\System32\LogFiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt Tried to use all other methods found, none have worked....
  6. Clean Installation of Windows 10 on ssd.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clean Installation of Windows 10 on ssd.: Unable to boot, getting the following error message from startup repair;Startup repair Log File: D:\Windows\System32\LogFiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt Tried to use all other methods found, none have worked....
  7. Clean Installation of Windows 10 on ssd.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Clean Install of Windows 10 on SSD

Clean Install of Windows 10 on SSD: I've got a clunky 1TB HDD that's just about to fall over. I want to buy a 1TB SSD and rather than transfer everything over from the HDD, I want to do a fresh install of Windows 10 on the SDD. How easy is this and how do I go about it?...
  9. How to clean install windows to ssd

How to clean install windows to ssd: So I've had a gaming laptop that I haven't touched and it didn't have any hard drives connected to it (moved it to my now current gaming pc). So I was wondering if it was possible to purchase a new ssd then clean install it from my computer and transfer the ssd to my laptop...
  10. Clean install W10 on an old machine: what/how to prep?

Clean install W10 on an old machine: what/how to prep?: Folks, I've borked my W7 install. Don't ask how: it takes skillz. *Wink Anyhow, rather than reinstalling W7, I figured this is the perfect time to perform a clean install of W10. I've found the thread, I've created a USB install stick. Before I take the plunge, I'd like to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to clean windows boot ssd for reuse

2. how to prep an ssd for windows 10 clean install

3. prep ssd for windows 10 install

4. how to install windows on used ssd,
  5. preparing ssd for windows 10,
  6. installing windows 10 on a used ssd,
  7. how to install used ssd,
  8. installing windows 10 on used ssd