Windows 10: How to prevent account deletion?

Discus and support How to prevent account deletion? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am having an administrative user account with a password on a computer in the computer lab. And there is another admininstrative account for public... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by SambhunathMeher, Oct 30, 2018.

1. How to prevent account deletion?

I am having an administrative user account with a password on a computer in the computer lab. And there is another admininstrative account for public use without a password which all other students use. Yesterday when I opened the computer I found my account deleted. It was wierd I thought someone would have done that. So I made it again and today I found it deleted again. I don't want to doubt someone unnecessarily. So Is there a way by which I can prevent an administrator from deleting my account? Something like it would need my account password to delete my account so that only I can do it or something like that?

:)

SambhunathMeher, Oct 30, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 30, 2018
  3. Deleted account keeps reappearing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Is it still appearing no matter how you try to delete? I suggest you to follow the steps below to remove user account from your computer, and check if it helps. Try the ones you’re comfortable with.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account”
      /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Step 3: Steps to Delete a User Account in Run command.

• Press Windows + R and type netplwiz, press
      Enter.

• Select the User account, click on the
      Remove
      button.
    Regards.

SujataMoktan, Oct 30, 2018
  4. kenkickr Win User

How to prevent account deletion?

Deleting User Accounts

If you can access the admin account through safe mode then all you have to do to remove the other account passwords is go into User Accounts in the control panel and either delete the accounts or, I'm not sure, remove the account passwords.

kenkickr, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

How to prevent account deletion?

1. How to prevent account deletion? - Similar Threads - prevent account deletion

2. How to delete mincecraft account without deleting microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete mincecraft account without deleting microsoft account: My minecraft account was linked to this microsoft account from the start. I never had to shift from mojang account. So now I want to delete this minecraft account, but I can't delete my microsoft account because all my data on windows laptop is on the user linked to this...
  3. How to prevent a deleted file from re-appearing ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent a deleted file from re-appearing ?: In a puzzlingly erratic way, a downloaded file that I have repeatedly deleted, keeps re-appearing in a folder. What can be going on, and how can it be prevented ?...
  4. How to prevent a deleted file from re-appearing ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to prevent a deleted file from re-appearing ?: In a puzzlingly erratic way, a downloaded file that I have repeatedly deleted, keeps re-appearing in a folder. What can be going on, and how can it be prevented ?...
  5. how to prevent Microsoft Defender from deleting automatically?

how to prevent Microsoft Defender from deleting automatically?: how to prevent Microsoft Defender from deleting automatically? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-prevent-microsoft-defender-from-deleting/3aa388b1-0dc3-460b-8f72-0a3f22b09a63
  6. How to delete an account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete an account: How to delete an account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-an-account/10ef61b6-7366-4895-8de1-c2a702b9e933
  7. How to delete an account

How to delete an account: How to delete an account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-an-account/10ef61b6-7366-4895-8de1-c2a702b9e933
  8. How to prevent deletion of files in directory?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to prevent deletion of files in directory?: Using Windows Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.804) I followed these steps but without success: 1. At the root of a non-system drive create a folder "folder". 2. Inside create a file "file.txt". 3. For folder add permission rule: everyone / deny / delete subfolders and files:...
  9. How to prevent user to deleting shortcuts from the desk?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to prevent user to deleting shortcuts from the desk?: win10 I found on net the solution -to put the shortcuts in the public desktop folder [/this pc/local disk/users/public/public desktop ] - but it doesn't work for me -and the user still can delete them what can I do?...
  10. Prevent Accidental Deletion

in Windows 10 Support
    Prevent Accidental Deletion: What's the easiest way to protect a file from accidental deletion? I'm looking for something similar to setting "Read-only" in Properties. 34539

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to prevent account deletion