Windows 10: How to prevent additional keyboard layouts from coming back?

Discus and support How to prevent additional keyboard layouts from coming back? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Jpcrs [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fkpzcl/how_to_prevent_additional_keyboard_layouts_from/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Jpcrs, Mar 18, 2020.

1. /u/Jpcrs Win User

How to prevent additional keyboard layouts from coming back?

/u/Jpcrs, Mar 18, 2020

2. Keyboard layout

Hello,
    I have Windows 10 with English interface language and German keyboard layout (ENG-DE).
    Periodically the ENG-US keyboard is added (The language bar appears again), even if the US layout it is not listed in the language options (???)
    At this time I have to add manually the US layout, then remove it, now the language bar disappears again.

Any idea about? Can I prevent the US layout from bein installed?

Thanks, Marco

marcomarsella, Mar 18, 2020
  3. How to prevent Windows 10 from changing keyboard language layout?

I want to prevent Windows 10 from automatically changing my keyboard language layout.

I have both English and Spanish language setup on Windows, but I want to keep JUST the Spanish keyboard layout. Windows 10 keep 'updating' and adding the English keyboard layout.

I find I need to go to Language settings and manually removing the English keyboard layout and adding the Spanish keyboard layout under the Enlglish language settings.

I simply wantto STOP this.

All the resources I have found refer to the previous Windows 10 version before the update.

It is impossible to follow those steps after having the Windows 10 Creator´s Update installed.

Any suggestions are welcomed.

Best regards.

Enrique Camou, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Cannot remove Keyboard Layout

Hi,

It is possible that you need to configure your keyboard layout that is why you still see it in the list even you already remove it. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps on this

thread
    provided by DikkeryDok last October 27, 2017 to remove the specific keyboard layout you are referring to.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

1. How to prevent additional keyboard layouts from coming back? - Similar Threads - prevent additional keyboard

2. How to prevent Windows 11 from adding new keyboard layouts at will

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent Windows 11 from adding new keyboard layouts at will: And no, I don't need guides on how to remove keyboard layouts, i can do it myself thank you very much. I just want it to stop adding a layout without my permission. I've been struggling with this for 2 years now...
  3. How to prevent Windows 11 from adding new keyboard layouts at will

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to prevent Windows 11 from adding new keyboard layouts at will: And no, I don't need guides on how to remove keyboard layouts, i can do it myself thank you very much. I just want it to stop adding a layout without my permission. I've been struggling with this for 2 years now...
  4. How to get rid of additional input methods keyboard layouts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of additional input methods keyboard layouts: Hello,I have several keyboard layouts between which I can switch with WindowsKey + space-bar.They show up as well in the notification area of the taskbar.I do not need them; I have only one keyboard with only one layout, and even if I may type in another language at times, I...
  5. How to get rid of additional input methods keyboard layouts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get rid of additional input methods keyboard layouts: Hello,I have several keyboard layouts between which I can switch with WindowsKey + space-bar.They show up as well in the notification area of the taskbar.I do not need them; I have only one keyboard with only one layout, and even if I may type in another language at times, I...
  6. How add/install additional keyboard input layouts? UK-International is missing!

in Windows 10 Customization
    How add/install additional keyboard input layouts? UK-International is missing!: How add/install additional keyboard input layouts? UK International format is missing! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-addinstall-additional-keyboard-input-layouts/e3d57720-fbab-427e-9741-e4cbc8d8ea28
  7. How to prevent Windows 10 from automatically adding keyboard layouts US Keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to prevent Windows 10 from automatically adding keyboard layouts US Keyboard: So every time i Remove the US Keyboard layouts windows 10 adds it again even if i remove it and restart the damn think comes back and i cant change to the keyboard layout i want my windows 10 wont let me. So please help me i want English UK With swedish keyboard layout i dont...
  8. How can I prevent the touch keyboard from coming on when I'm using the Bluetooth keyboard?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I prevent the touch keyboard from coming on when I'm using the Bluetooth keyboard?: Even when I'm using the Bluetooth keyboard for fast typing, the touch (on-screen) keyboard keeps coming on and blocking my view of the screen. I have to stop what I'm doing and banish it each time. Is there any way to make the touch keyboard stay off when I'm using the...
  9. How to prevent $Windows.~BT file from coming back?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to prevent $Windows.~BT file from coming back?: I have a $Windows.~BT file on my c drive (Windows 10 Trial version, Partitioned on a Macbook via Bootcamp) that takes up a lot of space (can easily get to 17gb+ if left undeleted). Normally I can't delete it via the recycle bin so I did some googling and found that you can do...
  10. How to prevent windows from switching keyboard layout on the fly ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to prevent windows from switching keyboard layout on the fly ?: hey all i have 2 keybard layouts, English and French. So once in a while the keyboard will just change input on its own. Not kidding. i just start my browser to type something in a forum or facebook whatever and the layout changes from one to the other. Windows...