Windows 10: How to prevent/adjust Windows checking if a program is working?

Discus and support How to prevent/adjust Windows checking if a program is working? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, Problem: Windows thinks a program is not responding and then closes it. It say it should wait for the program to respond it still closes it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KvT-Holland, Jun 14, 2019.

1. How to prevent/adjust Windows checking if a program is working?

Hi all,

Problem:

Windows thinks a program is not responding and then closes it. It say it should wait for the program to respond it still closes it after 60 seconds.

-Excel (VBA) when i'm running a macro that takes around 20 min and 'activate' the screen. If don't click it it runs just fine. If i ignore the error the macro sometimes still finishes and I can save my workbook.

-Rust (game) when changing graphic settings. After telling windows to wait the game keeps running for around 60 seconds and then it closes it.
    -Scum (game) also when changing graphic settings and when there is sector change (they seem to take a lot of computing power). The game seems to work just fine, but after a minute it still closes it.

It seems to me that windows thinks a program is crashing/not responding while it should have some patience. Is there any way to disable or adjust it?

The problem with Excel is mayor. I've lost hours of work over the last few weeks. I even had to change the scripts so the can sort of be resumed where they crashed (save the workbook every 100 loops and write the variables down). This made the macro run a few minutes slower :-(

I hope someone can help me out,

Koen.

ps: I still haven't found out what part of Windows checks if a program is not responding. Maybe someone knows what to google for?

:)

KvT-Holland, Jun 14, 2019
  2. trickson Win User

Is there a program to adjust cpu voltage through the windows ?

Yeah if there is no CPU voltage adjustment in the BIOS then I would NOT do this via a program .

trickson, Jun 14, 2019
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jun 14, 2019
  4. Яadeon Win User

How to prevent/adjust Windows checking if a program is working?

Is there a program to adjust cpu voltage through the windows ?

Is there a program to adjust cpu voltage through the windows ? *Smile How to prevent/adjust Windows checking if a program is working? :)

Яadeon, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

How to prevent/adjust Windows checking if a program is working?

1. How to prevent/adjust Windows checking if a program is working? - Similar Threads - prevent adjust checking

2. Prevent Program Window movement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent Program Window movement: I have been trying to find a way to size and move several programs on the screen and then "Lock" their positions so that the end user cannot alter the positions or size through mouse movements or keystrokes. For the project I am working on, I will have four programs...
  3. Prevent Program Window movement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prevent Program Window movement: I have been trying to find a way to size and move several programs on the screen and then "Lock" their positions so that the end user cannot alter the positions or size through mouse movements or keystrokes. For the project I am working on, I will have four programs...
  4. Prevent Program Window movement

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. how can I adjust the palm check on my touchpad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I adjust the palm check on my touchpad?: I purchased a new laptop that has a huge touch pad and the palms of my hands keep touching the pad when I'm typing. The only way I found to get around this is by selecting F5 to disable the touchpad which is a pain. Is there a way in windows 11 to adjust the sensitivity of...
  6. how can I adjust the palm check on my touchpad?

how can I adjust the palm check on my touchpad?: I purchased a new laptop that has a huge touch pad and the palms of my hands keep touching the pad when I'm typing. The only way I found to get around this is by selecting F5 to disable the touchpad which is a pain. Is there a way in windows 11 to adjust the sensitivity of...
  7. How to prevent windows 10 to check the disk at startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent windows 10 to check the disk at startup?: I have a 4 years old PC with an Intel SSD. A month ago it started showing the message "to skip disk checking press any key" at every boot. I tried the chdisk guide showed in some treads but did not work. I ran an intel diagnostic tool and actually it seems that there's some...
  8. How to prevent windows 10 to check the disk at startup?

How to prevent windows 10 to check the disk at startup?: I have a 4 years old PC with an Intel SSD. A month ago it started showing the message "to skip disk checking press any key" at every boot. I tried the chdisk guide showed in some treads but did not work. I ran an intel diagnostic tool and actually it seems that there's some...
  9. How to prevent windows 10 to check the disk at startup?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Preventing GeoBlocked CRL Checks

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Preventing GeoBlocked CRL Checks: We have certificates in the trusted root store that are reaching out to China to check their CRL. We have a blanket block on traffic to China and users are repeatedly seeing popups of blocked traffic. What is the best way to prevent these checks from happening? If I push...