Windows 10: How to prevent all application windows from minimizing

Discus and support How to prevent all application windows from minimizing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Could someone please offer a solution to a problem with W 10. Applications with 10 windows open will all minimize at the same time, and I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dana D_, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Dana D_ Win User

How to prevent all application windows from minimizing

Could someone please offer a solution to a problem with W 10.

Applications with 10 windows open will all minimize at the same time, and I can't figure out what is triggering this.

It's probably the mouse. However, I have to spend a lot of time getting each window back.

Is there a way to turn this feature off so windows don't minimize my application ?

Is there a way to turn all the windows back on? If I right-click the icon on the bottom of windows, there is no option to restore all windows

This is a real problem, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.

:)

Dana D_, Apr 18, 2021

2. Minimize applications

Hi Osman,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As the above description is not clear do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Which applications are you referring to?
    • Are you referring to the minimized applications in the Task bar?
    • If so, what is the exact issue you are facing with it?

Your query is little unclear, I suggest you to follow the below article to help us understand your query.

Microsoft Community

Reply to the post with the required information and brief description about this issue, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 18, 2021
  3. josechow Win User
    Windows Minimize all applications

I am having sort of an issue here. Whenever I load up a full screen application, it is minimized to the tray... and immediately after I bring it back up, its minimized again. I ran a dxdiag video test, and the tests are canceled due to a "key press". In light of this, I unplugged all input devices and hooked up a standard ps2 keyboard as the only input device, and there is still an issue... I have also done numerous anti-virus checks hoping that was the problem, but none were found. I currently use AVG free.

Other than that, im not sure what is causing this problem, but it is rather annoying since it disables me from playing any game or running any full windows application.

josechow, Apr 18, 2021
  4. CK011885 Win User

Prevent Fullscreen games from minimizing?

I've actually never had the game minimize on me...yet. It's something I'm always worried about happening though. The one time it did minimize was because I plugged my phone in and the AutoPlay window popped up asking what I want to do about the Removable Disk that was just plugged in. So I'm mostly asking this as a preventative measure, I've invested about 3 weeks into this level 79 character, it would suck for it to die because the game got minimized for some unforeseen reason. So there's no way of forcing a window to always stay in focus or something along those lines?

Some other things I've tested though so not minimize the game, like a Steam message from a friend won't minimize. I'm not sure why some things do and some don't. But if there was a way to prevent it, I'd like to do it.

CK011885, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

1. How to prevent all application windows from minimizing - Similar Threads - prevent application minimizing

2. How to prevent a window from automatically minimizing on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent a window from automatically minimizing on Windows 10: Hi. I would like to find out if there is any way that I can prevent a window from minimizing automatically when I click on another open window on Windows 10 . At times I need to copy down details of a certain document onto another document. Copy and paste or Split screen...
  3. How to prevent a window from automatically minimizing on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to prevent a window from automatically minimizing on Windows 10: Hi. I would like to find out if there is any way that I can prevent a window from minimizing automatically when I click on another open window on Windows 10 . At times I need to copy down details of a certain document onto another document. Copy and paste or Split screen...
  4. How to prevent a window from automatically minimizing on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to Minimize All Windows and Keep Them Minimized

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Minimize All Windows and Keep Them Minimized: So, I'm a fan of the minimize all button on the bottom-right, probably one of the only explorer features from Windows 7 8? that I actually like lol, but here's what annoys me about it. If you minimize all and then open a window, it will always bring up all the windows that...
  6. Is it possible to prevent full screen applications from minimizing when they lose focus?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to prevent full screen applications from minimizing when they lose focus?: I use a dual monitor setup, and would like to dedicate one monitor to display applications in full screen mode, while using the other to manage other applications I'm using. I would expect that an application being used in full screen mode should should take priority of...
  7. Applications minimizing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Applications minimizing: When I open any application on my lenovo computer, it comes up and automatically minimizes. When I try to save my work, it saves the work them minimizes. The most annoying is using TruboTax, it minimizes after each entry. I ran a full system virus scan and there were no...
  8. Preventing window from minimizing when clicking outside of it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Preventing window from minimizing when clicking outside of it?: Is there a way to stop a window that is not snapped from minimizing when I click another window? submitted by /u/Double_AA_Battery [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kaotqz/preventing_window_from_minimizing_when_clicking/
  9. How to stop a window from minimizing when clicking the application behind it

How to stop a window from minimizing when clicking the application behind it: I want to lock in place my task manager whilst being able to use the application open behind it so i can see it at the same time, how do i do this? submitted by /u/PhoenixMaster123 [link] [comments]...
  10. Prevent windows on 2nd monitor from minimizing?

Prevent windows on 2nd monitor from minimizing?: Is there a way in Windows 10 to prevent windows on my second monitor from minimizing every time I click Show Desktop or Alt+Tab? I have DisplayFusion Pro if there's an option there. I keep my Discord, Steam friends list, NZXT CAM system monitoring, and occasionally SLOBS on...