Windows 10: How to prevent automatic install of nvidia display driver

Discus and support How to prevent automatic install of nvidia display driver in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I recently moved from nvidia to AMD but windows update still install nvidia display driver! how to prevent that ? 148594 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by William40, Jan 17, 2020.

1. William40 Win User

How to prevent automatic install of nvidia display driver

I recently moved from nvidia to AMD but windows update still install nvidia display driver! how to prevent that ?

:)

William40, Jan 17, 2020

2. Automatic GPU drivers installed

Hey guys for the past 6 months I've been running a gtx 580 and I've just sent it back today as part of the step up program to get the gtx 680. For the next 2 weeks I will be using my old 9800 gtx+. I installed the card and booted the computer and upon getting to the windows screen, windows searched automatically online and installed drivers. I rebooted and checked the driver version, and sure enough, it had found and installed the latest drivers for my card.

I've always manually installed drivers by starting up the nvidia process and all that, what windows did, was it a sufficient driver install? When I get the gtx 680, I'm assuming it will do this again, would it be a smart idea to manually install the driver or would windows version do the exact same thing? Thanks guys.

lwgnlseven, Jan 17, 2020
  3. shadow85 Win User
    Why cannot prevent W10 from automatically installing updates?

Why does W10 keep automatically installing my Nvidia graphics drivers?

I have done all the 3 steps here:
    https://windows101tricks.com/disable...river-updates/

to try and prevent windows from automatically installing device drivers, but every time I uninstall the Nvidia graphics drivers and the computer restarts, Windows will always automatically install a driver for it.

This is making me fume!

Could someone please tell me is there another way to actually stop Windows 10 Pro 1809 form automatically installing device drivers?

shadow85, Jan 17, 2020
  4. How to prevent automatic install of nvidia display driver

Preventing installation of problematic Nvidia video driver when installing Windows 10 Insider Preview 14342

Hi Stephen,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with

This issue might be occur if NVidia driver is available in the Device Manager and automatically getting updated.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

When you say that "new installation" and then try re-install the problematic Nvidia driver?", have you tried to disable or uninstall the NVidia driver from the Device Manager?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to disable NVidia driver from the Device Manager and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Expand Display Adapter.

4. Right click on the NVidia driver and click on Disable.

Please get back to us with an update on NVidia driver
    issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

How to prevent automatic install of nvidia display driver

1. How to prevent automatic install of nvidia display driver - Similar Threads - prevent automatic install

2. Prevent Windows from automatically installing drivers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent Windows from automatically installing drivers?: Hi allI have a very specific computer setup which requires me to install specific drivers. Unfortunately, Windows constantly installs drivers which I do not want.There are written articles which can be found through a simple web search, but absolutely none of them work. I...
  3. How to Prevent Windows 10 Automatic Driver Downloading and Installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to Prevent Windows 10 Automatic Driver Downloading and Installation: I have over 15 years experience with Windows. I have observed every single solution on google, every solution on Microsoft's Help, and every possible solution I can think of.Yes, I have gone to System, Advanced System Settings -> Hardware Tab -> Device Installation Settings...
  4. Windows 10 automatically installing Nvidia Drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 automatically installing Nvidia Drivers: How do i stop windows 10 from automatically installing Nvidia drivers? submitted by /u/DmxDex [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jbmwe9/windows_10_automatically_installing_nvidia_drivers/
  5. How to prevent Windows from automatically installing drivers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to prevent Windows from automatically installing drivers?: Hello all, I’ve been trying to tackle this issue all day and it’s starting to drive me mad. I was troubleshooting something else on my system and I realized that I have a piece of hardware that has never been installed correctly. This is the device I’m trying I’m trying to...
  6. Prevent automatic driver installations

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Prevent automatic driver installations: After upgrading my pc to windows 10, the os seems to install serval drivers automatically without notifying about the driver packages. I want to disable this feature and prevent windows from downloading drivers automatically...
  7. Nvidia display drivers ready to install

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia display drivers ready to install: I have just checked for updates on my IP beta W10 and Nvidia display drivers are ready to install. There seems to be no option to reject them. Trouble is, this pc is running its graphics off the Athlon 3000G processor. What is Microsoft up to? *Eek 162844
  8. How to prevent Nvidia drivers from reinstalling?

How to prevent Nvidia drivers from reinstalling?: Hello, In a previous thread, I described a problem I had where my USB mouse and keyboard would freeze frequently. I could not unfreeze a USB port, but mouse and keyboard would work if I changed ports. It was suggested that I completely uninstall all Nvidia drivers and...
  9. NVIDIA display drivers deleted by Windows 10 update - how to prevent

NVIDIA display drivers deleted by Windows 10 update - how to prevent: Windows 10 update keeps deleting NVIDIA display drivers - how to prevent ? After each Windows 10 update: 1) get the message "your display drivers have been updated, restart" 2) after restart only one display is showing content - the other one is blank 3) have poor,...
  10. How to prevent Windows installing video driver updates automatically?

How to prevent Windows installing video driver updates automatically?: I'm running Win 10 Pro 64bit AE and I manually install nVidia graphic driver updates as soon as they are available as I am an avid gamer. However, since February, every time I try to run nVidia's driver install program, it has abended. I end up having to go into safe mode,...