Windows 10: How to prevent changes to Windows 10 updates setting by Microsoft?

Discus and support How to prevent changes to Windows 10 updates setting by Microsoft? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have two bat files in Task Manager to control the updates to a specific time period when downloads are not metered by my ISP. Lately during updates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JamesMcClure419, Aug 16, 2018.

1. How to prevent changes to Windows 10 updates setting by Microsoft?

I have two bat files in Task Manager to control the updates to a specific time period when downloads are not metered by my ISP. Lately during updates Microsoft has been turning off the bat file and resetting the update to happen any time, usually during the day when my data usage is metered. How can I prevent the downloads during the metered time period without having Microsoft resetting my schedule? They allow setting the installation time but what is needed is being able to set the download time. Downloads use data charges but installations do not.

:)

JamesMcClure419, Aug 16, 2018
  2. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Aug 16, 2018
  3. chispy Win User
    Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Aug 16, 2018
  4. trparky Win User

How to prevent changes to Windows 10 updates setting by Microsoft?

Say goodbye to ransomware with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Yes, ransomware will be a thing of the past with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update thanks to something called "Controlled Folder Access" in Windows Defender.

Windows 10 will hide your important files from ransomware soon | The Verge

These are protections for your files against ransomware at the kernel and Windows Defender level. Rest easy, your files are safe.

About damn time Microsoft!

trparky, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

How to prevent changes to Windows 10 updates setting by Microsoft?

1. How to prevent changes to Windows 10 updates setting by Microsoft? - Similar Threads - prevent changes updates

2. How to prevent unsolicited changes to SNAP settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent unsolicited changes to SNAP settings: In my x32Win10ProV22H2 the settings for SNAP and for DISPLAY FULL PATH IN TITLE BAR keep getting reset from time to time. Is there anyway to lock them down to prevent unwanted reversal ?...
  3. How to prevent unsolicited changes to SNAP settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to prevent unsolicited changes to SNAP settings: In my x32Win10ProV22H2 the settings for SNAP and for DISPLAY FULL PATH IN TITLE BAR keep getting reset from time to time. Is there anyway to lock them down to prevent unwanted reversal ?...
  4. How to prevent unsolicited changes to SNAP settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to prevent Microsoft ignoring a default browser settings?

How to prevent Microsoft ignoring a default browser settings?: Microsoft is so eager to propagate its Edge that it even ignores a setting for a default browser. I use Chrome but many MS apps opens Edge instead. For example Bing Wallpaper. But there are many more, which open a link in Edge ignoring the settings. This is not a bug, this is...
  6. How to prevent Microsoft ignoring a default browser settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to prevent Microsoft ignoring a default browser settings?: Microsoft is so eager to propagate its Edge that it even ignores a setting for a default browser. I use Chrome but many MS apps opens Edge instead. For example Bing Wallpaper. But there are many more, which open a link in Edge ignoring the settings. This is not a bug, this is...
  7. How to prevent changing Network settings by home user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent changing Network settings by home user: HiI have a requirement to block the ability of standard user changing network settings mainly IP address and MAC address. My son keeps on changing the IP address to bypass other security arrangements. This is happening on a Dell Laptop running on MS Windows 11 Home Edition An...
  8. How to prevent changing Network settings by home user

How to prevent changing Network settings by home user: HiI have a requirement to block the ability of standard user changing network settings mainly IP address and MAC address. My son keeps on changing the IP address to bypass other security arrangements. This is happening on a Dell Laptop running on MS Windows 11 Home Edition An...
  9. How do I prevent unnecessary changes in setting caused by updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I prevent unnecessary changes in setting caused by updates?: Hi, I would like to know how to stop unnecessary, minor changes in laptop/Word/etc settings done by upgrades? Let me give you an example to clarify:- once I bought my laptop 6 months ago, I would personalize it by selecting dark mode over light mode, I would set a picture for...
  10. How to prevent changes to Favorites on Microsoft Edge on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to prevent changes to Favorites on Microsoft Edge on Windows 10: [ATTACH]In this post, we will show you how to prevent changes to Favorites on […] This article How to prevent changes to Favorites on Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...