Windows 10: how to prevent child account from switching to a second local profile on edge

Discus and support how to prevent child account from switching to a second local profile on edge in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; how do you prevent the child from switching from his child live account profile in the latest edge to a local profile and bypass all the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by gforg2, May 12, 2020.

1. gforg2 Win User

how to prevent child account from switching to a second local profile on edge

how do you prevent the child from switching from his child live account profile in the latest edge to a local profile and bypass all the settings/parental controls ?

Since it is Chromium based edge any solution available to disable that at edge/chromium level ?

:)

gforg2, May 12, 2020

2. How to prevent child account from switching to Local account on the PC to circumvent Family safety?

Original Title: Prevent switching to local account

I have a windows 10 computer with family safety setup. Simply my child is able to circumvent family safety by switching to local account instead of microsoft account.

yassermuslim, May 12, 2020
  3. McHenry Win User
    Microsoft family features - child profile not working properly

Prakhar Khare

I went into System Properties > Advanced and clicked
    Settings under User Profiles and deleted the user profile there.

I followed the provided instructions and completed the steps in Windows PowerShell and rebooted, but had the same result when I tried to run Microsoft - Official Home Page (Windows
    10 suggests searching for an app in the Microsoft Store).

Also, while PowerShell went through 100+ steps, some of them gave some errors regarding the current software being newer versions than what was trying to be installed, or errors indicating that
    requested actions could not be taken due to accounts not being logged in at the time.

Under Settings >
    Accounts > Your info the Verify link is missing for this child's profile.

I did try following a link that should not be there on a Windows Family Features Child account, which is
    Sign in with a local account instead and entered all of the requested account name and password info. Fortunately the task resulted in an error that indicated that it could not complete the request, so a local account was not created.

All of this leads me to believe that the Microsoft account services are not linked or installed properly for this child account. Perhaps the most recent Windows 10 update may have corrupted the previous
    child profile (which had issues with Internet Settings cache size too low for practical internet use in Edge and IE), and may have also corrupted the Default user profile on this computer.

I will not try to remove the child from the family, because I don't think that will resolve the issue (Microsoft seems to like to charge to add children even in troubleshooting). I will
    try the following:

1. I will add this child's Microsoft account to another computer, and see what happens with his profile on that computer
    2. I will examine another child's account on this computer to see whether it was affected by the Edge / IE cache issue
    3. I will see whether I can enable a third child's Microsoft account on this computer and see what the result is when that account profile is created.

Please let me know if there are other steps you recommend (other than removing his MS account from my family)

Regards

Mark

McHenry, May 12, 2020
  4. how to prevent child account from switching to a second local profile on edge

Child account

I did set up a Child account, I did fallow all the steps window ask, the account say that the child is in the family, when I tried to log, give me the message "The Profile Service service Failed The Sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded".

Answering your questions:

• Did you make any changes to the child account prior to the issue? No, I did not make any changes.
    • Since when you are facing this issue? Right from the start. I never got to login.
    • Are you able to login with other child accounts on the computer? No
    I suggest you to restart the computer once and check if you are able to login to the computer. I did, the same problem, I do not have any problem with my account or my wife.

Thank you for your help.

David.

David EDongo Sr, May 12, 2020
Thema:

how to prevent child account from switching to a second local profile on edge

1. how to prevent child account from switching to a second local profile on edge - Similar Threads - prevent child account

2. how to switch windows 10 child account to local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to switch windows 10 child account to local account: i saw someone asking the same question but i still can't change it below "your family" it only said we can't connect to Microsoft family on this device might not be up to date I was thinking what dose that matter for a long time....
  3. how to switch windows 10 child account to local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to switch windows 10 child account to local account: i saw someone asking the same question but i still can't change it below "your family" it only said we can't connect to Microsoft family on this device might not be up to date I was thinking what dose that matter for a long time....
  4. how to switch windows 10 child account to local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How to change from child account to local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change from child account to local account: I have been looking for this for a while. I signed into a child account in Microsoft Family and want to change back to a local account because it's restricting me from Google I am using Microsoft Edge by the way. I have looked and cannot see a single button that says "change...
  6. How to change from child account to local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change from child account to local account: I have been looking for this for a while. I signed into a child account in Microsoft Family and want to change back to a local account because it's restricting me from Google I am using Microsoft Edge by the way. I have looked and cannot see a single button that says "change...
  7. How to change from child account to local account

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. how to prevent child account from downloading google chrome

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to prevent child account from downloading google chrome: Hi, My children have been using google classroom for their distance learning school, but lately they've been trying to circumvent the Microsoft Family by downloading Google Chrome themselves thru this https://www.google.com/chrome/ site. Is there a way to prevent it? I...
  9. How to switch from PC local account to Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to switch from PC local account to Microsoft account?: So I wanted to switch from my local account to my Microsoft account, but my microsoft account was already associated with my local account so I couldn't just use the "sign in with microsoft instead" option. Fine. So I created a new local account and made it admin, then...
  10. HOW TO DISCONNECT AN OUTLOOK ACCOUNT FROM A LOCAL PROFILE????

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    HOW TO DISCONNECT AN OUTLOOK ACCOUNT FROM A LOCAL PROFILE????: Previously, i had a local account with no outlook email attached to it, then i wanted to use the mail app to use one of my emails that is my only outlook account. after connecting it, now my local account has attached to this outlook account, and ive deleted the outlook...