Windows 10: How to prevent close of (new) Microsoft Edge browser when last tab is closed?

Discus and support How to prevent close of (new) Microsoft Edge browser when last tab is closed? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there any way to do it via an extension or setting? Firefox can do it. Thanks. submitted by /u/puppy2016 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/puppy2016, Jun 6, 2020.

1. How to prevent close of (new) Microsoft Edge browser when last tab is closed?

Is there any way to do it via an extension or setting? Firefox can do it. Thanks.

submitted by /u/puppy2016
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/puppy2016, Jun 6, 2020
  2. mrgeek Win User

Turn On or Off Ask to Close All Tabs in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

SUCCESS ! I could not Reset in Apps & features because Edge is not listed. So I used the brute force method. Deleted contents of this folder -

*Arrow Reset Microsoft Edge to Default in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Browsers Email Tutorials

C:\Users\%username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe and the ran powershell (admin) command - Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml” -Verbose}

Opened Edge and a few tabs, checked the 'Always close ...' box and check registry and Voila, the entry is there and set to '0'

How to prevent close of (new) Microsoft Edge browser when last tab is closed? [​IMG]

and dialog box doesn't open any more in subsequent openings and closings of Edge. Now to reset my faves and settings. *Mad Thanks for your suggestions, Brink. Cheers.

mrgeek, Jun 6, 2020
  3. yafyofa Win User
    Edge browser not closing when too many tabs are opened

when I open a lot of tabs sometimes I cant close any of these tabs I press the x on the tab but it does not close I even can ot close edge browser completely by pressing the x buton

but I can close it by right click on the edge icon and close

does anyone got that proplem ?

Original Title: a bug or proplem in Edge Browser -

yafyofa, Jun 6, 2020
  4. mrgeek Win User

How to prevent close of (new) Microsoft Edge browser when last tab is closed?

Turn On or Off Ask to Close All Tabs in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

"If you don't mind, post a screenshot showing this registry key location to see if anything else may stand out as unusual. "

Still not sticking. Here's reg w/your key added, no problem closing all tabs by clicking 'X' in upper-R corner of Edge, no message.

How to prevent close of (new) Microsoft Edge browser when last tab is closed? [​IMG]

Now, re-open Edge with several tabs open. Click 'X' and message appears again. Filled in 'Always close ***' and closed Edge. Here's screen before closing, you see dialog box again

Refreshed View of registry and, as you can see, key is now gone again.

Just an annoyance but I know that on every other browser, ticking the box lets me close all by simply clicking 'X' in upper R. Any help or suggestions welcome and Thanks.

mrgeek, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

How to prevent close of (new) Microsoft Edge browser when last tab is closed?

1. How to prevent close of (new) Microsoft Edge browser when last tab is closed? - Similar Threads - prevent close Microsoft

2. Edge closes the previous tab when I open a new one

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge closes the previous tab when I open a new one: Using Windows 10 Home and Edge Version 90.0.818.46 Official build 64-bitAny time I open a new tab it closes the previous tab. I've shut down and restarted but the problem is still there. Probably going to use Chrome instead if this continues....
  3. Microsoft Edge bug prevents users from closing the browser on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge bug prevents users from closing the browser on Windows 10: Microsoft Edge was recently updated with “Startup boost“, a new feature that allows the browser to launch even faster after a system reboot on Windows 10. For those uninitiated, the startup boost feature maximizes Microsoft Edge’s performance on Windows 10 by launching...
  4. prevent "web apps" from closing when edge close

in Browsers and Email
    prevent "web apps" from closing when edge close: Hi, I have some site installed as apps, amazon prime for example, really useful. But when I close edge opened web apps close too. I already change "Continue running background apps when Microsoft Edge is closed" to "On", but nothing change. Is it a known problem, Is there...
  5. Edge Browser Closes When Attempting To Share Tab In Live Stream

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Browser Closes When Attempting To Share Tab In Live Stream: Hello, I recently purchased a PC running Windows 10 Pro with an Intel Core i5 processor and 16GB RAM for better streaming quality. However, whenever I attempt to share a browser tab during my live stream, the entire browser simply closes. I use Restream.io and have been in...
  6. Stop edge from existing when closing the last tab

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stop edge from existing when closing the last tab: I actually found the same question from 4.5 years ago without any comments. It's really annoying, as the other Redditor commented. Is there a trick to disable this? submitted by /u/if_it_is_in_a [link] [comments]...
  7. Microsoft edge closing and repoening a tab

in Cortana
    Microsoft edge closing and repoening a tab: I have looked at the same question yet the methods do not work how to fix???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-closing-and-repoening-a-tab/e299e48b-3741-4de0-a6dc-0ee06ba1c335"
  8. Microsoft Edge keeps closing tabs by itself

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge keeps closing tabs by itself: Hi, Whenever I try to open Microsoft Edge, It says this page is having a problem loading, and if i try opening a new tab, it closes it automatically, then Microsoft Edge closes itself[ATTACH]...
  9. Closing Out Tab in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Closing Out Tab in Edge: I use Edge browser and alot of the time I'm in full screen with multiple tabs open. I'm aware that ctl + tab will jump from tab to tab. My question, is there a shortcut on the keyboard to close out the tab I'm viewing and not close the other tabs? 126336
  10. How to auto-logoff of browser sessions when closing Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How to auto-logoff of browser sessions when closing Edge: I can't seem to find a setting that will either clear my Edge cookies or do whatever is necessary to log my Google account out when I close the Edge browser. As much as I prefer my family not go through my stuff, I don't want to see theirs after they're done using the...