Windows 10: How to prevent Cortona processes from running

Discus and support How to prevent Cortona processes from running in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have Windows 10, and have disabled its processes before so they don't run. I can kill them in task manager, but want to prevent them from running... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by WynnDose, Mar 2, 2019.

1. WynnDose Win User

How to prevent Cortona processes from running

I have Windows 10, and have disabled its processes before so they don't run. I can kill them in task manager, but want to prevent them from running entirely yet again. MS re-enables Cortana on every update, and has made it harder to disable in its entirety. I do not want Cortana or any process exclusively associated with Cortana to ever run on my machines. On the machine I am posting this from I have Windows 10 Home, Version 1803, build 17134.590.

:)

WynnDose, Mar 2, 2019
  2. philc43 Win User

which processes prevent sleep?

Well there are no obvious processes listed as preventing your system from sleeping. Have you tried leaving your PC on overnight or for several hours to see if it eventually completes any running tasks and finally goes to sleep?

philc43, Mar 2, 2019
  3. Process running but not starting in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to run applications on Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may be due to application conflicts.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the explorer issue.

• Press Alt+ctr+Del from Desktop.

• Select Task Manager.

• Under process tab, locate the apps that are running.

• Right Click on the application and select End Task.

• Please try accessing the application again and check if you are able to run the application.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to run
    the program in Compatibility mode, please follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Program
    • Click on Properties
    • Click on Compatibility tab
    • Select Run this program in compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Mar 2, 2019
  4. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

1. How to prevent Cortona processes from running - Similar Threads - prevent Cortona processes

2. how to prevent the settings process in windows 11 from running in the background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to prevent the settings process in windows 11 from running in the background: I proceeded to disable all the options and features on the settings page because they are not needed for me and despite this the setup process, better known as "SystemSettings.exe", is re-run from time to time. Is there a way to prevent this process from running in the...
  3. how to prevent the settings process in windows 11 from running in the background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to prevent the settings process in windows 11 from running in the background: I proceeded to disable all the options and features on the settings page because they are not needed for me and despite this the setup process, better known as "SystemSettings.exe", is re-run from time to time. Is there a way to prevent this process from running in the...
  4. How to prevent windows from closing the unresponsive program/process?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent windows from closing the unresponsive program/process?: Pretty much like the title said. Let's say in my case i'm running a game where at some point the game loads bunch of mods, map, assets, etc. And during the time game became unresponsive momentarily about a few seconds then proceed back to normal. Now the problem is during...
  5. How to prevent windows from closing the unresponsive program/process?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to prevent windows from closing the unresponsive program/process?: Pretty much like the title said. Let's say in my case i'm running a game where at some point the game loads bunch of mods, map, assets, etc. And during the time game became unresponsive momentarily about a few seconds then proceed back to normal. Now the problem is during...
  6. Cortona

in Cortana
    Cortona: A cortona button appears briefly beside the volume button in the task bar. It disappears after a short moment of time. How do I stop it from appearing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortona/89957392-a9a2-4e67-913a-9a396da8ba18
  7. cortona

in Cortana
    cortona: I would like to know why you changed Crotona. I was able to open websites which was so convent. And I want it back! I've tried using the 3 dots and still nothing. I tried using the work "launch" instead of open and it still tells me she can't open websites. Please tell...
  8. Cortona

in Cortana
    Cortona: After updating to the Windows 10 2004 update, Cortona keeps informing me that it is not available for English Canada. I'm pretty sure this is not true. What's going on? Anything I can do about it?...
  9. Cortona

in Cortana
    Cortona: Hi, Is Cortona able to be used by a person aged 14? I tried but it says minor. But when switched my brithday so that I am 19. It worked. So are minors allowed to use it if over 13?...
  10. How to prevent users from running certain games?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to prevent users from running certain games?: Hello I have a internet cafe, many people come to my internet cafe and play games computers like Counter Strike, Dota and online games. I closed the access to their games in the firewall and registry, but after that I noticed that they installed the games on the USB device...